collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 31706 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Wolves v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »
Poor performance but not an unexpected result taking into account the injuries. We are in a dodgy position but the last thing we need right now is knee jerk reactions. Let's face it we are lucky to be in the premiership this season and that is down to seasons of chopping and changing and never having a plan. This season will be fuckin hard but we just have to hope we can pick up the points and not panic,abandon our plan and go back to the shit of the last few years.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »
We rely too much on Grealish , the difference between us been decent and shite

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »
Got the potato ambling into Villa Park, next. He'd love to get one over on us. But he won't. Perfect game to kick start the season I reckon.

Crap today. Thought Konsa, Mings and Guilbert did ok, and that's about it. Left back is a big issue. Targett was embarrassing, and seemed to give up, Taylor is a nightmare to watch.

Wesley needs someone up with him. Luiz isn't as good as I thought he'd be away from home. Mcginn needs a rest it seems.

We missed Jack terribly.

Not a happy man tonight.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 04:04:29 PM »
The universal opinion will be we were horrific. And yet really Nyland has little to do other than 2/3 standard saves.

It’s very fine lines in this league given Wolves finished 7th last year.

Newcastle at home now is a massive game.  Overall I think we will be fine but the mentality of the squad needs to be a bit more positive. When we pushed on lasted 20 Wolves looked more ordinary.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 04:04:33 PM »
The front 3 were an embarrassment today. Money needs to be spent in January on a striker and at least one wide player.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2019, 04:05:22 PM »
Oh and it would be nice if Smith could be straight with us about the Captain. It happened last year and I'm sure I'm not alone in not taking kindly to all this smoke and mirrors horseshit.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2019, 04:05:59 PM »
Really cannot see anything in Wesley that makes him a footballer.... how he made the Brazil squad is beyond words.....

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »
Played for nothing and left with nothing which was fully deserved. If I compare Wesley's performance vs Jiménez's performance the difference is monumental. All Wesley does is goal hang, he literally does nothing for entire games. 
   difference easy to see. Jimenez gets service Wesley doesn't

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2019, 04:06:58 PM »
Our reserves beat their third XI 2-1. Their first team beat our reserves 2-1. Let's see how we do against the jammy twats when our first team plays theirs.

Hardly our reserves, it was only really Grealish and Engels out.

And Heaton

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
Oh and it would be nice if Smith could be straight with us about the Captain. It happened last year and I'm sure I'm not alone in not taking kindly to all this smoke and mirrors horseshit.

Agree entirely. Bit of honestly would be appreciated on all that.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »
Our next five fixtures...outside of Newcastle who are actually in decent form...fuck me. Sheff Utd at their place will be rock hard. We might only get 4 points from the next 15

NEWCASTLE H
MAN U A
CHELSEA A
LEICESTER H
SHEFF UTD A

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
Utter shite, Smith needs to sort this out, and sharpish. So many unacceptable performances all over the pitch.

Agreed but much better in the second half. We just have little consistent quality from the front three. Without Jack we are so poor going forward

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2019, 04:07:56 PM »
Love Smith but he needed to change it today, Doherty/Traore and Jota/jonny doubled up on us all game, we needed to dominate the middle in those circumstances.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2019, 04:08:16 PM »
The only possible good thing that can come out of that performance is if it leads to a complete rethink about personnel and formation.

Hopefully Dean Smith will accept that the current formation isn't working, that Wesley is isolated up front and that the midfield is being overrun by adopting 2 wingers who are in no way doing enough to justify their places in the team.

The selection and formation against Newcastle in 2 weeks time will tell us all we need to know about what Dean has learned from this defeat and our general lack of coherence and cohesion in our play.

All yours Dean....

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »
Enforced changes aside, shocking today.

Targett was horrendous, but not helped by the absolutely shocking tracking back of Trez and El ghazi.
Midfield abysmal. Another ineffective performance from McGinn (far too many in recent times), Douglas Luiz could have been a ghost today, and an off day from Nakamba (I’ll allow him that).

Wes stranded up front on his own with little support.

Dean really needs to change things up. I’d dispense with wingers and go 442 against the barcodes.

Honestly, call me crazy but I'm sitting Wes out. He is the most un-dynamic Brazilian striker I have ever seen.

I'm starting Kodjia at Newcastle. At least he can play amongst and with the midfielders. He knows how to create a shot for himself. If he's off the mark than get Wesley on with 25 minutes left and let him bully some tired defenders. But on the whole, Wesley is a reactive player. He's stagnant and can't beat his man or contribute to build up play.

McGinn, Luiz and Nakama as a unit were terrible going forward today. TERRIBLE.

Trez and El Ghazi are in deserate need smelling salts or something. You cannot be lazy in this league, there is no excuse for it. It took them 60 minutes to have any sense of urgency today.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 04:10:59 PM by villadelph »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal