collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 12:05:54 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Steve67
[Today at 12:05:53 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 12:03:32 PM]

Diego Carlos by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:02:58 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:00:01 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Steve67
[Today at 11:46:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 32066 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Wolves v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »
Our reserves beat their third XI 2-1. Their first team beat our reserves 2-1. Let's see how we do against the jammy twats when our first team plays theirs.

Hardly our reserves, it was only really Grealish and Engels out.

Grealish is our most important player by far. And we also had Heaton, Steer, Hause, Jota, Targett and Davis missing or forced to come off. The latter is worse than people not playing from the start as it gives you no chance to change things.

Take out that many first team squad players from any team and they'll struggle. If one of them is by far and away their best player, and probably the best player in the league outside the top seven, even more so.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »
Our reserves beat their third XI 2-1. Their first team beat our reserves 2-1. Let's see how we do against the jammy twats when our first team plays theirs.

Wolves were miles better than us today, why is that so difficult for you to admit? If they hadn't had played 90 odd minutes 3 days ago we could have easily got a hiding. 2-1 for all the chances they missed is very flattering to us.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »
The one chance Wesley had - it's tough but  he needs to be doing better with that rather than just skying it. He was  isolated for long spells though. Stick Kodjia up front  and drop one of the two wingers. Trezeguet was far too smiley at the final whistle for my liking.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019, 04:09:26 PM »
Got the potato ambling into Villa Park, next. He'd love to get one over on us. But he won't. Perfect game to kick start the season I reckon.

Crap today. Thought Konsa, Mings and Guilbert did ok, and that's about it. Left back is a big issue. Targett was embarrassing, and seemed to give up, Taylor is a nightmare to watch.

Wesley needs someone up with him. Luiz isn't as good as I thought he'd be away from home. Mcginn needs a rest it seems.

We missed Jack terribly.

Not a happy man tonight.
Taylor played well you numpty

Offline KRS

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
First half was an abortion. Shockingly bad all over the pitch. Second half was much improved but I suspect was partly due to Wolves tiring badly.

We can’t make excuses for the weakened team due to injuries when so many players haven’t turned up...Targett, Trez and El Ghazi all deserve mentions for being piss poor. We can’t carry 5 or 6 players having an off day most weeks let alone when we’re not at full strength.

The criticism of Wes is way off. He had to run the line on his own with no service at all. I’m not sure what anyone expects him to do other than drop off deep and invite more pressure?

Our unexpected consolation goal must be the most uncelebrated goal I’ve ever witnessed, but if it had come 10 minutes earlier then we would have mugged them for a point.

Offline russon

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »
They have no belief in themselves or each other. That was horrible today, aimless, hit and hope football, quite unacceptable.

Smith needs to sort this out because we’re getting worse not better.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »
Wes has 3 chances today and fluffed all of them.

Offline HolteLower

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »
Not great was it? We need more options up front and one up isn't really working. And more creativity in midfield especially when Jack is out. Gave the ball away too easily and their first goal we should have defended better.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2019, 04:13:13 PM »
It's time to start holding Dean Smith accountable. I'm not saying sack the man, but for god sakes can we build and progress as a football club?

I said in the Pre-Match the team selection was wrong, every man and his dog knew Targett would have a horrible time against Traore. Taylor should have started, at least he's not slow and more importantly can defend. And so it proved. Second half the defence looked far more comfortable.

David Luiz. If the first goal had been a Hourihane shot we'd all be complimenting Luiz for getting his head out the way. Cowardly behavior and seems happy just to keep the game ticking over rather than actually using the ball more effectively.

Marvelous had a decent game and I was shocked to see him subbed. Certainly one of the few to walk away with any credit.

As for our front three, all of them, just like us this afternoon - pointless. They'd be lucky to get on the bench at any other PL team. All need replacing in January.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2019, 04:14:22 PM »
It's time to start holding Dean Smith accountable. I'm not saying sack the man, but for god sakes can we build and progress as a football club?

You mean like getting promoted, that sort of progress?

We were missing our best player today, who makes us tick. The first half was a poor display, but we haven't thrown many in this season . I can certainly see progress, todays performance aside, we've been v good. Good time for the break, get everyone fit and really go at Newcastle.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »
Anyone who thinks taggart is an improvement on Taylor sorry he’s not.  Otherwise just one of them days

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2019, 04:15:37 PM »
Championship level all over the pitch. A big, huge January to sort this shit out.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
The one chance Wesley had - it's tough but  he needs to be doing better with that rather than just skying it. He was  isolated for long spells though. Stick Kodjia up front  and drop one of the two wingers. Trezeguet was far too smiley at the final whistle for my liking.

Because he thinks scoring in the 92nd minute is sufficient despite playing wank for the preceding 91mins

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
We can't play with two flaky wingers - we look miles better with Jack in that ACM role so perhaps Lansbury would have been a better choice today.

Need 3 points against Newcastle now, as following that our run of games is very tough until Christmas...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »

Wolves were miles better than us today, why is that so difficult for you to admit? If they hadn't had played 90 odd minutes 3 days ago we could have easily got a hiding. 2-1 for all the chances they missed is very flattering to us.

I've never said Wolves weren't better than us today. They were only "miles better" in the first half mind, the second half was about even despite your usual hysteria.

And I doubt they would have been better than us if Grealish had been playing. Why are you so determined to insist that everything is shite and why can't you acknowledge that having players, especially your best player, injured is going to have a negative affect?

As for having played three days ago, big deal. That happens all the time. They were at home, too. You're professional athletes, deal with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal