collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool Post Match Thread  (Read 34203 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Aston Villa v Liverpool Post Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
I am fuckin speechless....lost for words... gutted....at a total loss

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »
At the start of this, more than able to except the reality of being beaten today, even very heavily, but what is a very bitter pill to swallow is the fact we had this in the bag, even for a point and then to lose it in the last moments of the game, that really is the sharp end of the stick. crap.   

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »
Gutted as I am, I don’t think we’ll “do a Fulham.”
I’m pretty sure there are 3 teams  worse than us but we have to concentrate on beating, not drawing against all teams in bottom half

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:20 PM »
Worrying that this is becoming a theme. It’s not luck when it happens this often.

The problem is we can’t close games out so we need a cushion. But we’re not good enough up front to hit teams on the break so we don’t get one. With better options up front we had a few great chances to go 2 up today.

Offline ez

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:28 PM »
Could have been a lot worse. Getting into the mindset of 'we might just win this' makes it feel worse.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »
Without our best player we gave them a real fright.  Klopp had to bring his subs on to snatch a win.

Not seen replays of either our goal or the disallowed goal but how Mané was still on the pitch after his dive and repeated foul play is beyond me.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 05:08:09 PM »
I think I was more prepared for that. Even just after 80 minutes I was thinking we might just get a draw out of this. I really didn't expect anything from this. I'm happier with the individual performances. Some really top performances there. Nakamba and Engels were outstanding. Targett had his best game for us in my mind. Wesley ran himself into the ground. Trezeguet's best game so far. El Ghazi tracked back much better but was at fault for the equaliser. Those not mentioned, it's just because they continued doing what they've been doing.

Offline murgsy

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 05:08:26 PM »
I think they were all over us. We hardly came out of our half. And they could have scored in other situations. Maybe I'm naive, but having watched this and been at the City game - if we don't attack and threaten sides - our defenders will make mistakes and that will cost us points. We need more pace and a decent threatening striker.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 05:09:06 PM »
Naive. And until we learn from the same mistakes we make every single time; the manager and the players, it will not change.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »
Could have been a lot worse. Getting into the mindset of 'we might just win this' makes it feel worse.
Aston Villa Football Club
It’s the hope that kills you

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
Gutted. Smith really needs to learn how to make subs that alter tactics rather then just like for like replacements. We never learn.

Offline wince

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
I still think stoppage time needs to be addressed as 5 mins is extreme for very few stoppages. And simulation needs to be a straight red. The scousers are happy but I hope they bottle it as I cannot stand them and anything about their club with their sense of entitlement

Online LukeJames

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 05:12:18 PM »
so much will be said but the reality is we let the smallest player on the pitch win a header in our box in injury time. we've competed with everybody we've played which is positive but we are hugely naive at this level, hopefully its something we can over come.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2019, 05:12:31 PM »
Gutted. Smith really needs to learn how to make subs that alter tactics rather then just like for like replacements. We never learn.

To be fair, we are still not strong enough as a squad to be able to do that.  Hourihane is crap at defending but he replaces Luiz.  We need three or four players in January to make us stronger. 

Offline danno

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
I'll forget all about this if we win our next game and the league cup Quarter final convincingly. Half expected a hiding today, gives me more confidence we'll stay up.

Still gutted though obviously.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal