collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool Post Match Thread  (Read 34551 times)

Online VillaBoy_23

Re: Aston Villa v Liverpool Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
I’ve had enough of Wesley he’s shit. The sooner we buy another striker the better.

Nonsense to say that after today’s game

Offline wince

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »
Good performance by villa though. Credit where credit is due

stats say different
stats  don’t show it took champions of Europe almost the full 90 to beat us and when they did only by a single goal. Most expected a hammering, I know I did.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »
I’ve had enough of Wesley he’s shit. The sooner we buy another striker the better.
He's done reasonably well so far but we definitely need another option up front.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »
It's been a fucking bad week all round and to make matters worse, when I go out tonight it's to a fucking Liverpool pub with a couple of anti-English morons in there.  The lad that has the lease on the place used to play for me as a kid.  He was on the trip over to Brum in 1994 and we went up to Liverpool for the first game of the season against Everton, I took him and another Liverpool fan across the park to Anfield to have a look round, he's never forgotten it.  He might leave me alone tonight.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
This game will not define ourvseason. We did well given the disparity in relative squad strength. Lots of positives.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2019, 05:23:46 PM »
Despite the defeat this game was full of positives. No Jack and we still held our own against the European Champions, a side who are unbeaten in nearly 30 league games and who before today were on a run of W18 D1 L0 in the league.

A year ago today we won at home to Bolton in front of less than 31k to lift us up to 13th Division 2. Today we gave one of the best sides in the world a game where it needed everything they had to beat us.

Not sure we held our own. Outclassed second half and were holding on. Very noble but it often ends as it did today. In defeat. As you say, we have come a long way in 12 months, so onwards and upwards

Online Villafirst

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »
Hause should been an option from the bench. Why Taylor?

Offline Luke8

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2019, 05:24:32 PM »
I think they were all over us. We hardly came out of our half. And they could have scored in other situations. Maybe I'm naive, but having watched this and been at the City game - if we don't attack and threaten sides - our defenders will make mistakes and that will cost us points. We need more pace and a decent threatening striker.

We've been fine against most teams in the league, the top 2 are just miles ahead of the rest and that's reflected in their intensity, mentality and of course the points tallies.

If we play like that against likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Man. United at VP we will take some points off those I'm sure.

Agreed. Think it’s still somewhat underestimate how bloody good Liverpool are (unfortunately). Their intensity and pressure on the ball makes it really difficult to attack against them. And I actually think despite that we did create a couple of decent opportunities in the second half still.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »
Hause should been an option from the bench. Why Taylor?

Not sure that made a difference today

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2019, 05:26:58 PM »
I think they were all over us. We hardly came out of our half. And they could have scored in other situations. Maybe I'm naive, but having watched this and been at the City game - if we don't attack and threaten sides - our defenders will make mistakes and that will cost us points. We need more pace and a decent threatening striker.

We've been fine against most teams in the league, the top 2 are just miles ahead of the rest and that's reflected in their intensity, mentality and of course the points tallies.

If we play like that against likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Man. United at VP we will take some points off those I'm sure.

Agreed. Think it’s still somewhat underestimate how bloody good Liverpool are (unfortunately). Their intensity and pressure on the ball makes it really difficult to attack against them. And I actually think despite that we did create a couple of decent opportunities in the second half still.

That’s all fine and good but it has nothing to do with losing the game from a corner with 15 seconds left until the final whistle.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »
If it had been a routine 3-0 win for Liverpool I'm convinced there'd be way less criticism of the team than they're getting because they were 1 up with 3 mins to go.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2019, 05:27:37 PM »
Oh for a defender on the back post.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »
😪
Such a fight deserved a point

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2019, 05:29:02 PM »
I'd have probably put on Konsa instead of Kodj. Extra height for those late set pieces. That said I wouldn't query DS too much compared to other games with his subs, he put on two fresh legs around the 70th minute mark which is improvement from other games where we've left it drift.

Offline wince

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2019, 05:29:07 PM »
If it had been a routine 3-0 win for Liverpool I'm convinced there'd be way less criticism of the team than they're getting because they were 1 up with 3 mins to go.

I think the team deserves the praise for holding on as long as they did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal