collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home  (Read 76399 times)

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
Re: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home
« Reply #465 on: December 15, 2019, 11:21:53 AM »
All my enthusiasm for this game has been drained by our lamentable league form.

Maybe something extraordinary will happen on the night.

We have more to lose than to gain here. Even an 8-0 win will be explained away by the callow nature of the opposition. Let's just get through and forget about it.

I'm actually looking forward to it as respite from the emotional hailstorm that is the league right now.

A semi-final would be something to feel good about too.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #466 on: December 15, 2019, 11:23:59 AM »
Let's just smash Liverpool.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2019, 11:24:55 AM »
I think the atmosphere on Tuesday will be flatter than a glass of week old lemonade. 

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #468 on: December 15, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
I think the atmosphere on Tuesday will be flatter than a glass of week old lemonade.

You obviously don't buy lemonade from Aldi......wowser!!!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #469 on: December 16, 2019, 09:24:49 AM »
I'm looking forward to it we could be in a Semi Final if we win then who knows what will happen.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #470 on: December 16, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
No doubt the league form has dampened people's enthusiasm, mine included, but this is a golden opportunity to get to a semi final and I fully expect us to take it. Win a few over Xmas as well and everyone will be bang up for getting to Wembley.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #471 on: December 16, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »
Playing a lower league team over 2 legs in a Semi final of the League Cup? what could possibly go wrong?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #472 on: December 16, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »
We didn't too well last time we played Oxford in the semis! I won't believe our name is on the cup till I see Chester whacking Grealish on the head with the trophy!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #473 on: December 16, 2019, 03:01:57 PM »
Prices have been reduced for ST holders and those of us that have already purchased will get a food/drink voucher

Aston Villa is delighted to announce an exclusive offer to Season Ticket Holders for our Carabao Cup quarter final tie with Liverpool at Villa Park on Tuesday December 17th.

For a 72-hour period, Season Ticket Holders who have not secured a seat for the game can purchase a ticket for any part of the stadium for just £20 per adult, subject to availability.

As a gesture of goodwill to those Season Ticket Holders who have already bought at the previously arranged prices, they will receive a £10 concourse catering refreshment voucher to be redeemed at any of the remaining matches at Villa Park this season.

The decision to modify prices for Season Ticket Holders comes after Liverpool FC have made clear their intentions in the competition.

Our twin priorities are to fill Villa Park for this game and offer our most loyal supporters – our Season Ticket Holders - the best possible value. We hope Season Ticket Holders who have already bought their match tickets for the game understand that the decision to modify prices is not taken lightly and has been made due to the unique nature of this fixture.

Season Ticket Holders who have not yet bought a seat for the game should contact the club in the normal manner. Those Season Ticket Holders who have already purchased their ticket for the game will receive their refreshment voucher, which can be used to buy any food or drink within the stadium, by post this month.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #474 on: December 16, 2019, 03:07:52 PM »
Prices have been reduced for ST holders and those of us that have already purchased will get a food/drink voucher

Aston Villa is delighted to announce an exclusive offer to Season Ticket Holders for our Carabao Cup quarter final tie with Liverpool at Villa Park on Tuesday December 17th.

For a 72-hour period, Season Ticket Holders who have not secured a seat for the game can purchase a ticket for any part of the stadium for just £20 per adult, subject to availability.

As a gesture of goodwill to those Season Ticket Holders who have already bought at the previously arranged prices, they will receive a £10 concourse catering refreshment voucher to be redeemed at any of the remaining matches at Villa Park this season.

The decision to modify prices for Season Ticket Holders comes after Liverpool FC have made clear their intentions in the competition.

Our twin priorities are to fill Villa Park for this game and offer our most loyal supporters – our Season Ticket Holders - the best possible value. We hope Season Ticket Holders who have already bought their match tickets for the game understand that the decision to modify prices is not taken lightly and has been made due to the unique nature of this fixture.

Season Ticket Holders who have not yet bought a seat for the game should contact the club in the normal manner. Those Season Ticket Holders who have already purchased their ticket for the game will receive their refreshment voucher, which can be used to buy any food or drink within the stadium, by post this month.

Obviously they're starting to panic about having an empty ground then.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #475 on: December 16, 2019, 03:51:19 PM »
So they're blaming the Liverpool line up for the poor uptake in sales?

Why not just admit, we got it wrong?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #476 on: December 16, 2019, 04:51:19 PM »
It seems a shame that some Villa fans are further belittling the game tomorrow night, besides what the lobscouse may or may not be doing. For example some kids maybe attending Villa Park for the first time under the lights with their parents and grandparents and for them it will be a huge event in their lives, where the bond between club, parents and offspring will be fostered.
My first game was with my dad all those years ago when Little and Gidman were involved in the youth cup vs scum. I didn't spend the match counting the numbers in the crowd, but enjoying something that was to become routine with my dad that was to see us through to my adulthood.
Needless to say enjoy the game and as always UTV!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #477 on: December 16, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
We didn't too well last time we played Oxford in the semis! I won't believe our name is on the cup till I see Chester whacking Grealish on the head with the trophy!

As well as Oxford and Bradford doing us in League Cup semi finals we didn't exactly have a picnic against Colchester when they took us to penalties in the second round in 1979.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #478 on: December 16, 2019, 07:44:08 PM »
Can we please get to semis first?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #479 on: December 16, 2019, 09:14:31 PM »
I’m dreading this game

I so want to win it but haven’t got much confidence in the likes of Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury etc being able to boss anything
I decided not to go because I just didn’t want to risk my kids having to endure Liverpool pre school kids giving us the run around on our own pitch

hope I’m wrong obvs

if we do get through to Wembley  I’ll be there glory hunting like a good un though

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal