collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169546 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1950 on: March 03, 2024, 05:00:27 PM »
I can't believe anyone really believes all that "they hate us" style narrative, it's clearly not true.

When we were looking unbeatable before xmas, you couldn't turn the football on without seeing someone talk about us winning the league.

If they have historically focused on the north west and the capital, that's because that is where all the silverware goes

That's obviously wrong. I looked at the RAWK MOTD thread earlier and they were complaining about the analysis of their goal yesterday, highlighting how much the MOTD pundits hate them.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1951 on: March 03, 2024, 05:14:03 PM »
I wonder would the Forest-Liverpool game been on last had it stayed scoreless.
Think in that instance it's
1. Spurs game
2 Liverpool game
3 us

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1952 on: March 03, 2024, 05:18:52 PM »
I agree with Tim. MOTD, Sky, TNT all don't like us being where we are. It spoils the narrative, we should know our place. The analysis is often lazy and recycles what they've all said before. It's not just about Watkins, even though he is having an excellent season. Where is any analysis of the impact of Pau or Kamara? So without agreeing with every point Tim makes, he is basically correct, in my view.

Fucking hell.

Edit: sorry, just saw this has been addressed by the bigger boys!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 05:20:24 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #1953 on: March 03, 2024, 06:11:34 PM »
I agree with Tim. MOTD, Sky, TNT all don't like us being where we are. It spoils the narrative, we should know our place. The analysis is often lazy and recycles what they've all said before. It's not just about Watkins, even though he is having an excellent season. Where is any analysis of the impact of Pau or Kamara? So without agreeing with every point Tim makes, he is basically correct, in my view.

Fucking hell.

Ok all you experts, tell me where the detailed analysis of why Villa have been successful is on any of the mainstream media. It isn't there because they can't be bothered. Can you actually say you watch Sky coverage and think they cover us in the same way as Man Utd or Spurs, our direct competitors. When they are on its an absolute wankfest. I don't understand how you can all be so deluded to think otherwise. It's the same with any media coverage of the area between the home counties and Cheshire, basically it doesn't exist.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1954 on: March 03, 2024, 06:15:41 PM »
Exactly that . Just look at that interview with Pep.yesterday where he has to remind the wanky reporter Aston Villa are in the running too.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1955 on: March 03, 2024, 06:25:58 PM »
I can't believe anyone really believes all that "they hate us" style narrative, it's clearly not true.

When we were looking unbeatable before xmas, you couldn't turn the football on without seeing someone talk about us winning the league.

If they have historically focused on the north west and the capital, that's because that is where all the silverware goes

That's obviously wrong. I looked at the RAWK MOTD thread earlier and they were complaining about the analysis of their goal yesterday, highlighting how much the MOTD pundits hate them.

See Arsenal TV and all that bollocks too. Every team has a set of fans who think the media has it in for them.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1956 on: March 03, 2024, 06:48:14 PM »

Fucking hell.

Ok all you experts, tell me where the detailed analysis of why Villa have been successful is on any of the mainstream media. It isn't there because they can't be bothered. Can you actually say you watch Sky coverage and think they cover us in the same way as Man Utd or Spurs, our direct competitors. When they are on its an absolute wankfest. I don't understand how you can all be so deluded to think otherwise. It's the same with any media coverage of the area between the home counties and Cheshire, basically it doesn't exist.

I don't want to just quote Paddy's excellent explanation, but just to summarise it with less swearing - this isn't because they don't like us, it's because covering us doesn't make them as much money as covering other teams does.

When we are more successful and talking about us makes them as much money as them talking about Man Utd does, they will. Until then, they won't.

And the BBC broadly cover us in proportion to how well we're doing. Right now, BBC Sport is basically an Ollie Watkins propaganda channel.

When we're pissing about where Fulham are, they don't bother covering us as much. Because nobody cares.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1957 on: March 03, 2024, 06:51:08 PM »

Fucking hell.

I don't want to just quote Paddy's excellent explanation, but just to summarise it with less swearing - this isn't because they don't like us, it's because covering us doesn't make them as much money as covering other teams does.

When we are more successful and talking about us makes them as much money as them talking about Man Utd does, they will. Until then, they won't.

And the BBC broadly cover us in proportion to how well we're doing. Right now, BBC Sport is basically an Ollie Watkins propaganda channel.

When we're pissing about where Fulham are, they don't bother covering us as much. Because nobody cares.

Nail on head Dave

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1958 on: March 03, 2024, 06:52:36 PM »

Fucking hell.

Yes, this is the reality of the position. They don’t care about us because commercials we don’t matter.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1959 on: March 03, 2024, 06:54:56 PM »

See Arsenal TV and all that bollocks too. Every team has a set of fans who think the media has it in for them.

On the Yanited fprum they were moaning about the inordinate number of jammy last minute goals Liverpool score, whereas people are still banging on about the injury time winners they got against Sheff Weds 30+ years ago.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1960 on: March 03, 2024, 08:13:11 PM »

Fucking hell.

I broadly endorse this linguistically tame post.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1961 on: March 03, 2024, 08:24:13 PM »

Fucking hell.

There was one weird thing on I think the new years day edition of MOTD2. Where at the end of the show they talked about the title race and it being between Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and possibly Spurs….we were 3rd at the time. It was just strange to omit us from that conversation completely at that moment. It was Manish as well who I like as a presenter.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with you and SE and I also find the paranoia and circular arguments tiring.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1962 on: March 03, 2024, 11:20:49 PM »
MOTD2 and they've put Spurs on before us again. What's the excuse this time

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1963 on: March 03, 2024, 11:23:43 PM »
MOTD2 and they've put Spurs on before us again. What's the excuse this time

Honestly, who fucking cares?

Match of the Day is an anachronism (that means it is something that belongs to a period in the past). It's like moaning about the Shipping Forecast

"WHY IS NORTH UTSIRE ON BEFORE SOUTH UTSIRE?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:27:39 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1964 on: March 03, 2024, 11:31:04 PM »
They put the table up at the end . No mention of us and a "Man Utd remain 11 points off fourth" .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal