collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 182058 times)

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1935 on: March 03, 2024, 11:50:41 AM »
The main gripe yesterday is they put Spurs on before us . And yes it does matter. It says everything about how they feel about us without actually saying it.

It really doesn’t matter….you might need to develop a thicker skin…in the scheme of gripes motd running order is completely and utterly pointless. 

5.30 game is rarely high up the order unless something mad happens because of the editing etc
If Luton had gone on to do a full turnaround and won, i'd put money on it being on 1st or definitely before the Spurs game. Villa winning didn't suit their narrative.

And rightly so, a bottom three club beating a top four club is a bigger story.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1936 on: March 03, 2024, 11:54:01 AM »
So something you can't prove is proof of the MOTD conspiracy.

Ok then.
err Spurs on ahead of us yesterday .

As you well know, your latest punt on "all a conspiracy" was we would have "definitely been first if we had lost to Luton". But as you just like farming replies, cheerio.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1937 on: March 03, 2024, 11:55:17 AM »
They don’t tend to put games that have been live on TV high up in the running order.

Online Simon Page

« Reply #1938 on: March 03, 2024, 11:57:57 AM »
I reckon supporters of every side that won yesterday will have a case for being on first. Meanwhile, the second and third best sides in west London will be screaming their game was a derby.

Woe am we.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1939 on: March 03, 2024, 12:29:14 PM »

Ok then.

I can guarantee they won't be on ahead of us on MOTD2 next Sunday.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #1940 on: March 03, 2024, 12:41:49 PM »
I liked Lineker's comments about Ollie last night. At last somebody not looking with claret and blues goggles can see the great work he does other than scoring goals.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1941 on: March 03, 2024, 12:48:54 PM »

Ok then.

I can guarantee they won't be on ahead of us on MOTD2 next Sunday.
ha i know Legion called it earlier on

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1942 on: March 03, 2024, 01:44:59 PM »
The main gripe yesterday is they put Spurs on before us . And yes it does matter. It says everything about how they feel about us without actually saying it.

It really doesn’t matter….you might need to develop a thicker skin…in the scheme of gripes motd running order is completely and utterly pointless. 

5.30 game is rarely high up the order unless something mad happens because of the editing etc
If Luton had gone on to do a full turnaround and won, i'd put money on it being on 1st or definitely before the Spurs game. Villa winning didn't suit their narrative.

Probably as it would have been a surprise - as it happens 2 teams fighting for the same position both won so showing chronologically isn’t anything significant - doesn’t matter then if Pearce mentioned Spurs result in comms etc

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #1943 on: March 03, 2024, 03:15:34 PM »
I agree with Tim. MOTD, Sky, TNT all don't like us being where we are. It spoils the narrative, we should know our place. The analysis is often lazy and recycles what they've all said before. It's not just about Watkins, even though he is having an excellent season. Where is any analysis of the impact of Pau or Kamara? So without agreeing with every point Tim makes, he is basically correct, in my view.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1944 on: March 03, 2024, 03:22:07 PM »
spot on. and MOTD never mention we have players out injured either like they do with Spurs / Liverpool etc

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1945 on: March 03, 2024, 03:49:27 PM »
I watched GAme of the Day on sky round my mums , didnt know the score expecting goals galore as I knew the newcastle , fulham and spurzzz scores .

Gutted watching that waste of 90 mins

was happy to see that watkins dummy on MOTD thou in the talk after the highlights

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1946 on: March 03, 2024, 04:00:07 PM »
I agree with Tim. MOTD, Sky, TNT all don't like us being where we are. It spoils the narrative, we should know our place.

They absolutely couldn't care less who is where.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1947 on: March 03, 2024, 04:25:27 PM »
I agree with Tim. MOTD, Sky, TNT all don't like us being where we are. It spoils the narrative, we should know our place.

Absolutely.

I can't believe anyone really believes all that "they hate us" style narrative, it's clearly not true.

When we were looking unbeatable before xmas, you couldn't turn the football on without seeing someone talk about us winning the league.

If they have historically focused on the north west and the capital, that's because that is where all the silverware goes.

If a good chunk of it started coming here, their focus would change too.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1948 on: March 03, 2024, 04:32:27 PM »

Absolutely.

I can't believe anyone really believes all that "they hate us" style narrative, it's clearly not true.

When we were looking unbeatable before xmas, you couldn't turn the football on without seeing someone talk about us winning the league.

If they have historically focused on the north west and the capital, that's because that is where all the silverware goes.

If a good chunk of it started coming here, their focus would change too.

Agree with everything you say there Paulie

Not sure it fits the narrative of some tho :-)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1949 on: March 03, 2024, 04:56:44 PM »
I wonder would the Forest-Liverpool game been on last had it stayed scoreless.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal