collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169588 times)

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1920 on: March 03, 2024, 11:24:21 AM »
The main gripe yesterday is they put Spurs on before us . And yes it does matter. It says everything about how they feel about us without actually saying it.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1921 on: March 03, 2024, 11:28:51 AM »
The main gripe yesterday is they put Spurs on before us . And yes it does matter. It says everything about how they feel about us without actually saying it.

That issue will be resolved next Sunday.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1922 on: March 03, 2024, 11:29:46 AM »
Nah, if we lose they will put the game on first, but if we win, they will put the game on last.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1923 on: March 03, 2024, 11:30:31 AM »

To be fair to them isn’t that more down to the fact that our game had been televised? I always get the impression that the Saturday live games are given less priority in the running order as the majority of people who watch MOTD have probably already seen them.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1924 on: March 03, 2024, 11:30:48 AM »
If you go on to the Saturday Match Report's on the BBC teletext sports page, our game is not even mentioned.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1925 on: March 03, 2024, 11:31:27 AM »

To be fair to them isn’t that more down to the fact that our game had been televised? I always get the impression that the Saturday live games are given less priority in the running order as the majority of people who watch MOTD have probably already seen them.

That would be the sensible conclusion to draw, wouldn't it?

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1926 on: March 03, 2024, 11:33:00 AM »

Not sure that's true , pretty sure I've seen Big6 games on live then 1st on MOTD .
Spurs Palace should have been down the pecking order. Our game had top and bottom connotations

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1927 on: March 03, 2024, 11:33:08 AM »
Nah, if we lose they will put the game on first, but if we win, they will put the game on last.

Ha! Very good. Probably accurate as well.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1928 on: March 03, 2024, 11:33:14 AM »

It really doesn’t matter….you might need to develop a thicker skin…in the scheme of gripes motd running order is completely and utterly pointless. 

5.30 game is rarely high up the order unless something mad happens because of the editing etc

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #1929 on: March 03, 2024, 11:37:49 AM »

Not sure that's true , pretty sure I've seen Big6 games on live then 1st on MOTD .
Spurs Palace should have been down the pecking order. Our game had top and bottom connotations

They have, but even last week both Citeh and Arsenal were below us in the pecking order as both matches were on live that evening.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1930 on: March 03, 2024, 11:38:03 AM »

Not to mention it kicked off later, so less time to review and edit.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1931 on: March 03, 2024, 11:45:52 AM »

Not to mention it kicked off later, so less time to review and edit.

The order of play too. Spurs kicking off at 3pm and winning meant they gained ground on us to the viewer who isn’t as invested in league positions and hasn’t been following the day’s results.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1932 on: March 03, 2024, 11:47:12 AM »

It really doesn’t matter….you might need to develop a thicker skin…in the scheme of gripes motd running order is completely and utterly pointless. 

5.30 game is rarely high up the order unless something mad happens because of the editing etc
If Luton had gone on to do a full turnaround and won, i'd put money on it being on 1st or definitely before the Spurs game. Villa winning didn't suit their narrative.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #1933 on: March 03, 2024, 11:48:09 AM »
So something you can't prove is proof of the MOTD conspiracy.

Ok then.

They didn't even do any coverage of Luton post match they were fawning so much over Watkins and our comeback.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1934 on: March 03, 2024, 11:49:08 AM »
So something you can't prove is proof of the MOTD conspiracy.

Ok then.
err Spurs on ahead of us yesterday .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal