collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174822 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1650 on: December 31, 2023, 07:13:49 PM »
I thought Stuart Attwell gave an almost perfect performance yesterday. Made excellent considered decisions all game except one. That was when he wasted an additional minute booking Emi for time wasting after he had cleared the ball.

He was on VAR for our game against Sheff Utd.
And expected the onfield chap to make decisions just like he did yesterday.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1651 on: December 31, 2023, 10:47:45 PM »
Is it my imagination or do Burnley seem to have a production line of very good goalkeepers over the last 15 years?

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #1652 on: December 31, 2023, 10:51:55 PM »
Is it my imagination or do Burnley seem to have a production line of very good goalkeepers over the last 15 years?

They bought him from Man City last summer.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #1653 on: December 31, 2023, 11:33:31 PM »
MOTD2. Apparently Liverpool, Arsenal and now Spurs are in the title race but Citeh are still favourites. No mention of Villa who are joint top! Utter wankers.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1654 on: December 31, 2023, 11:34:49 PM »
I was only half paying attention but the guy at the end said "..... I'm a believer." I assumed he was talking about us there, but obviously not.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1655 on: December 31, 2023, 11:36:59 PM »
I was only half paying attention but the guy at the end said "..... I'm a believer." I assumed he was talking about us there, but obviously not.

You may have flicked over to the Benny Hinn channel by mistake.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1656 on: December 31, 2023, 11:40:18 PM »
MOTD2. Apparently Liverpool, Arsenal and now Spurs are in the title race but Citeh are still favourites. No mention of Villa who are joint top! Utter wankers.
they are all wankers and we will make them eat their words

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1657 on: January 01, 2024, 11:39:59 AM »
Don't know who was on last night but the coverage I've seen for a while has been fair.

I expect Man City to string a load of wins together now and I don't think we'll keep pace but if someone had told me before the season that at the turn of the year, we'll be talked about in context of being challengers for the league I'd have told them to get real.

We've lost 2 of last season's starting 11 for the season and 2 for half the season who are still finding their form. CL will do me.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1658 on: January 01, 2024, 12:21:33 PM »
Console ourselves with having beaten 3 of the 4 title challengers. We're fighting Brighton, Newcastle and West Ham for 6th.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1659 on: January 01, 2024, 12:38:02 PM »
Don't know who was on last night but the coverage I've seen for a while has been fair.

I expect Man City to string a load of wins together now and I don't think we'll keep pace but if someone had told me before the season that at the turn of the year, we'll be talked about in context of being challengers for the league I'd have told them to get real.

We've lost 2 of last season's starting 11 for the season and 2 for half the season who are still finding their form. CL will do me.

It was Nedum Onuoha and Paul Robinson last night with Manish hosting. I think the analysis of the Arsenal and Spurs games was far superior to normal, really considered and intelligent reviewing if the games. Incomparable to the inanity of Micah Richards and the dourness of Danny Murphy.
Saying all that it did grate a bit that considering we’re second, there was no mention of us when they were talking about the title race.
Hey ho, I also expect it to between Man City and Liverpool, but if we are still in the mix come the end of Feb, things will be getting very exciting.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1660 on: January 01, 2024, 12:43:20 PM »

It was Nedum Onuoha and Paul Robinson last night with Manish hosting. I think the analysis of the Arsenal and Spurs games was far superior to normal, really considered and intelligent reviewing if the games. Incomparable to the inanity of Micah Richards and the dourness of Danny Murphy.
Saying all that it did grate a bit that considering we’re second, there was no mention of us when they were talking about the title race.
Hey ho, I also expect it to between Man City and Liverpool, but if we are still in the mix come the end of Feb, things will be getting very exciting.

Always liked Robinson. We always had good banter with him from the Holte when he played.

Onuoha shows a level of insight not usually coming from ex players.

I read an article recently where he looked past the bias, the prejudice, the snobbery, etc, & he stated that Douglas Luiz was one of the three best midfielders in the Prem, alongside Rodri & another whose name I forget without looking for the article.

And I am too lazy to do that right now.

Most pundits, ex players, etc, tend to overlook players that don't play for "media favourite" clubs, but Douglas Luiz has been so good that one of them has seen past all the bullshit to the reality of football.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #1661 on: January 01, 2024, 12:44:28 PM »
I've always liked Manish as a host on MOTD, so good to see him back. Like Nedum Onuoha as a pundit as well, he's more educated than the average footballer and it shows.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1662 on: January 01, 2024, 12:57:14 PM »
So to recap, the superior MOTD2 team ignore our challenge while the inferior MOTD lot put us on first and wax lyrical. And the Co-op do the best crisps.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #1663 on: January 01, 2024, 01:14:42 PM »
So to recap, the superior MOTD2 team ignore our challenge while the inferior MOTD lot put us on first and wax lyrical.

Didn't see MOTD2 last night. I'm guessing it might be to do with fact that we played on Saturday, and Arsenal and Spurs played yesterday.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1664 on: January 01, 2024, 01:16:41 PM »
I had something called The Football Show on Sky this morning and they only showed our penalty but showed both Burnley's goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal