collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 174816 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #1635 on: December 31, 2023, 12:13:55 AM »
Snyder's of Hanover Jalapeño Pretzel Pieces.

Arrived on the scene, the emperor of savoury snacks to be consumed with beer, and then gone again. A travesty.
Simply THE best snack with a light, hoppy beer....eg Oakham Citra in The Welly.
Where they have both btw!!! :-)

You can still get these, very nice.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1636 on: December 31, 2023, 12:14:48 AM »
Quote fail!

It's late.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1637 on: December 31, 2023, 01:12:28 AM »
First up on MOTD tonight, bloody media conspiring against us. >:(

😂

Complete with awfully drab commentary from Robyn Cowen.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1638 on: December 31, 2023, 10:50:35 AM »
Dion it was a fucking pen. Shut up - don't give any of the media bollockheads a chance to deny us a goal.

To be fair Carlos was lucky in my opinion

It’s true players have to go down to get the decision - it is a pen though.

On the DC one, it’s a free kick on the edge of the box.

This.

I feel that it is a soft contact, but we have had pens given against us for less contact & more diving & been told to shut our mouths because Harry Kane is "clever"...

Oxymoron if I ever heard of one, but what happened to & by Duran yesterday was a pen where he had to get the refs attention.

I cant remember who it was earlier in the season who didnt go down & the refs never looked at it, so you do what you have to do in the modern game...

I don't like that about the modern game, but if we want to compete with the big boys, we have to use anything & everything to our advantage like the big boys do...

Doesn't deter from the fa t that under the modern day rules, Aaron Ramsey kicked Duran from behind without contacting the ball, so it is a penalty every day of the week & twice on Tuesday.

The handball incident with Carlos was a hand ball, 100%. It was outside of the box & definitely not a red card incident though, so outside of VAR remit.

Im not sure what Kompany was talking about with Berge's red card either. Both were yellow cards every day of the week. If he didnt have the discipline to not pull back a shirt knowing he was already on a yellow, then the blame lays only with Berge...

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1639 on: December 31, 2023, 11:32:22 AM »
Re Kompany's moan on the going back to book Berge in his words 'two minutes later' or something like that.  When I began refereeing back in the early seventies, the coaches stressed that at all times if an advantage could accrue then the game should continue and once the ball had gone dead you should go back and either caution or dismiss any player that warranted it.  So, Vincent Kompany is talking through his arse on that one which is a pity as I like him both as a player and as an individual, articulate and normally fair minded.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1640 on: December 31, 2023, 11:38:25 AM »
Re Kompany's moan on the going back to book Berge in his words 'two minutes later' or something like that.  When I began refereeing back in the early seventies, the coaches stressed that at all times if an advantage could accrue then the game should continue and once the ball had gone dead you should go back and either caution or dismiss any player that warranted it.  So, Vincent Kompany is talking through his arse on that one which is a pity as I like him both as a player and as an individual, articulate and normally fair minded.

I agree Dave.  To blow up every time might be punitive to the attacking side.  More common sense is needed.

Offline john2710

« Reply #1641 on: December 31, 2023, 11:47:18 AM »
The hypocrisy of Lineker in particular on the penalty is sickening. For years he's talked about players winning a penalty. If it's Kane, Rashford or Salah they're clever. There's contact, he goes down & it's a penalty.

If he wants to see a dive, he should look at the one from that Burnley forward yesterday.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #1642 on: December 31, 2023, 11:52:40 AM »
The hypocrisy of Lineker in particular on the penalty is sickening. For years he's talked about players winning a penalty. If it's Kane, Rashford or Salah they're clever. There's contact, he goes down & it's a penalty.

If he wants to see a dive, he should look at the one from that Burnley forward yesterday.
Dublin was the same saying it was a dive

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1643 on: December 31, 2023, 11:57:31 AM »
I thought Stuart Attwell gave an almost perfect performance yesterday. Made excellent considered decisions all game except one. That was when he wasted an additional minute booking Emi for time wasting after he had cleared the ball.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1644 on: December 31, 2023, 12:09:50 PM »
I thought Stuart Attwell gave an almost perfect performance yesterday. Made excellent considered decisions all game except one. That was when he wasted an additional minute booking Emi for time wasting after he had cleared the ball.

He was good, I’d say his only mistake was not giving the corner which obviously was kicked out by their player, the one which Konsa was arguing about and subsequently booked.

Saying that I can understand if Burnley fans feel totally different.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1645 on: December 31, 2023, 01:54:05 PM »

I mentioned in the post-match that if he felt it was a booking, how come he only allowed three seconds of advantage as that was the time between the collision and Moreno losing the ball. Luckily it was the start of the time leading to our 2nd a minute or two later but we also had the Konsa / Odebert scare in between.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1646 on: December 31, 2023, 02:19:09 PM »

He was on VAR for our game against Sheff Utd.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1647 on: December 31, 2023, 02:21:10 PM »
The hypocrisy of Lineker in particular on the penalty is sickening.
He needs replacing.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1648 on: December 31, 2023, 02:26:57 PM »

Yeah I thought Attwell did pretty well.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1649 on: December 31, 2023, 04:33:38 PM »
He’s still the Cnut who sent EL Ghazi off against Leeds.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal