collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 150269 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2022, 11:22:21 PM »
I prefer him to Danny Murphy.
Yes that's sort of preferring diarrhea to constipation. 

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2022, 01:18:07 AM »
The prick shouldn't be anywhere near a TV studio commenting on proper footballers. Ditto that fat twat on Talksport who used to light up these parts. When he could be arsed.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2022, 07:27:43 PM »
Chris Sutton who predicts 3-0 to Arsenal is the co commentator on BT Sport 4

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2023, 10:47:09 AM »
The Premier League has told the 12 clubs playing today that their players and managers will not receive requests for Match of the Day interviews.

MOTD2 is tomorrow, including West Ham v Villa I do suspect they'll be a similar boycott. I was more inclined to watch MOTD2 tomorrow funnily enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64918162

I'm curious if viewers will also boycott these MOTD shows.
There are numerous ways to access content these days, and I particularly enjoy player interviews, which I hear or see sometimes before MOTD even airs. Same with match content. MOTD isn't one I watch live every week often, but I have it on series record and will catch up on Villa and other games in own time if i choose. I could catch the broadcast live maybe when we win though the beauty of having recording is that I can skip the 'analysis' if feel its not worthwhile. The irony is that there will be no punditry broadcasts at the moment!
I understand it's a traditional highlights show with some prestige and some football fans watch it religiously. Especially after going to a game it can fit it well at the end of the day to see the highlights.
Or Sunday morning.

Where are people with this and watching MOTD these days?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 10:51:23 AM by Footy-Vill »

Online Baldy

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2023, 11:08:10 AM »
The Premier League has told the 12 clubs playing today that their players and managers will not receive requests for Match of the Day interviews.

MOTD2 is tomorrow, including West Ham v Villa I do suspect they'll be a similar boycott. I was more inclined to watch MOTD2 tomorrow funnily enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64918162

I'm curious if viewers will also boycott these MOTD shows.
There are numerous ways to access content these days, and I particularly enjoy player interviews, which I hear or see sometimes before MOTD even airs. Same with match content. MOTD isn't one I watch live every week often, but I have it on series record and will catch up on Villa and other games in own time if i choose. I could catch the broadcast live maybe when we win though the beauty of having recording is that I can skip the 'analysis' if feel its not worthwhile. The irony is that there will be no punditry broadcasts at the moment!
I understand it's a traditional highlights show with some prestige and some football fans watch it religiously. Especially after going to a game it can fit it well at the end of the day to see the highlights.
Or Sunday morning.

Where are people with this and watching MOTD these days?

I have always recorded Match of the Day and fast forwarded through Lineker and the pundits on all occasions. No difference for me.

Watch it on a Sunday morning (unless Villa get hammered).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2023, 11:13:53 AM »
I always watch the Villa bit if we win, sometimes do if we draw and never do if we lose.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2023, 11:17:01 AM »
I always watch the Villa bit if we win, sometimes do if we draw and never do if we lose.

Same here.

It feels weird to have a reason to not watch motd which isn’t Villa having been shit.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2023, 11:41:40 AM »

Same here.

It feels weird to have a reason to not watch motd which isn’t Villa having been shit.
Thats my take on in.
I normally fast forward through most of the analysis and mostly avoid totally if we've had a bad weekend or maybe just watch the odd mad game.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2023, 11:50:31 AM »
Watch MOTD on iplayer and cut out the chit chat unless they're talking about Villa.

I think the BBC could see see some tantalising money savings on punditry if tonight's edition gets the thumbs up from the viewers. Would anybody miss them?

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2023, 12:10:10 PM »
Watch MOTD on iplayer and cut out the chit chat unless they're talking about Villa.

I think the BBC could see see some tantalising money savings on punditry if tonight's edition gets the thumbs up from the viewers. Would anybody miss them?
That's a great point!

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2023, 12:16:16 PM »

This is a big problem for the BBC - if MOTD is just reduced to a goals package then I can’t see the Premier League being very happy. It’s their main promotional vehicle on free to air TV in this country, and if it isn’t providing a full package then I can’t see the BBC retaining the rights to highlights in the next rights negotiation.  Like it or not, MOTD is one of the BBCs Crown Jewels, lose it and it’s another nail in the coffin

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2023, 12:23:51 PM »
I'll take a punt and say Match of the Day (and the rest) will be back sooner or later and still be on air the next time a too-long-Tory government flails around in the mud looking for something weak to other.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2023, 12:24:51 PM »
Two MOTD threads running.
Mods...do they need merging ?

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2023, 12:26:30 PM »
Quote from: Pet
e3206 link=topic=60215.msg4322232#msg4322232 date=1678535431

Yes indeed, if viewing figures for tonight's programme are up on previous weeks the gloating from the Tories will be a treat.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2023, 12:37:19 PM »

Same here.

Thats my take on in.
I normally fast forward through most of the analysis and mostly avoid totally if we've had a bad weekend or maybe just watch the odd mad game.
And for these very reasons I have not seen much of MOTD for the last 12 years. So we should be grateful to our owners for making us uncompetitive and shite.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal