collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:26:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

FFP by Risso
[Today at 04:23:51 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:22:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Risso
[Today at 04:19:35 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:26:04 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 04:23:51 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 04:23:35 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:22:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Risso
[Today at 04:19:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD  (Read 169088 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: MOTD
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2023, 02:09:48 PM »
Yes, so why does the Beeb have a left wing sports bias?
They have been watching Bailey and don’t rate left footed right wingers?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2023, 02:15:13 PM »
Bristol Rovers  are the first team to declare a boycott of BBC interviews. More to follow ?

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2023-03-11/bristol-rovers-to-boycott-bbcs-match-of-the-day-interviews-to-support-lineker

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2023, 02:16:27 PM »
Yes, so why does the Beeb have a left wing sports bias?

It doesn't particularly, but right-wingers use things like this to claim it does and that the BBC as a whole is therefore leftie. That's my point, Lineker posting about refugees or Nish Kumar taking the piss out of Johnson is the claimed 'left-wing bias'. So saying "both the left and the right complain of bias so they must be doing something right" is wrong because the examples of the bias are just not comparable.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2023, 02:17:11 PM »
Don't get all the support for Lineker tbh.

Presumably the social media policy was in his contract , the one he happily signed when he started accepting the gazillion pounds the BBC shovel his way. If unfettered twattering was so important to him he should have negotiated a contract change before he signed it , or taken a different job.

Why the presumption? He's made over 47,000 tweets prior to now, all since he's been in the employ of the BBC. If you'd kicked it off with "he seems like a nice bloke, but", it'd read like a Harry Enfield Self-righteous Brothers sketch.

The very notion that the BBC have any impartiality is laughable when you see how much power Tim Davie and Robbie Gibb have. Not to mention Johnson's banker.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2023, 02:25:20 PM »
Don't get all the support for Lineker tbh.

Presumably the social media policy was in his contract , the one he happily signed when he started accepting the gazillion pounds the BBC shovel his way. If unfettered twattering was so important to him he should have negotiated a contract change before he signed it , or taken a different job.

Why the presumption? He's made over 47,000 tweets prior to now, all since he's been in the employ of the BBC. If you'd kicked it off with "he seems like a nice bloke, but", it'd read like a Harry Enfield Self-righteous Brothers sketch.

Seems a reasonable presumption for an organisation the size of the BBC, who , again PRESUMABLY have their contracts (especially one of that size/importance) drawn up by a HR dept with some legal oversight. I run a business with 20 employees and even we have a social media policy in our contracts. Also you are "presuming" that his previous 47000 tweets have drawn no comment from the BBC - maybe he's had previous conversations with HR about it, who knows?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2023, 02:27:45 PM »
In the legal sense, he won't be an employee of the BBC, he'll be a contractor - although the word 'employee' being thrown around is understandable, so there's no guarantee he's got the same contractual obligations as directly employed staff would have.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2023, 02:54:51 PM »
Left wing, right wing  can we not just agree Lineker is a complete wanker?

The post above about <removed> sums him up
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:14:04 PM by Dave »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2023, 02:57:45 PM »

The post above about <removed>  sums him up

I think he’s quite a decent bloke.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:14:21 PM by Dave »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2023, 03:04:28 PM »
Seems a reasonable presumption for an organisation the size of the BBC, who , again PRESUMABLY have their contracts (especially one of that size/importance) drawn up by a HR dept with some legal oversight. I run a business with 20 employees and even we have a social media policy in our contracts. Also you are "presuming" that his previous 47000 tweets have drawn no comment from the BBC - maybe he's had previous conversations with HR about it, who knows?

All good.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2023, 03:05:51 PM »
Look up virtue signaller in the dictionary and that jug eared spunk dustbin will appear.

How low has the media become when the main topics is an over paid football presenter.

I too cannot watch motd with the pundits, the grinning moron that is Richards, the manic depressive that is Danny Murphy, the no value opinion of  the footballing giant Jermaine Jenus and fast forward all of the narrative to just watching the games.

None of them will be missed, especially the crisp munching cnut

Sounds like someone could do with a hug.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2023, 03:08:14 PM »

I think he’s quite a decent bloke.

What's not to like ? Showing common decency and humanity for those being scapegoated by an uncaring nasty government.
On top of that he scored a shedload of goals including many for England, and having the good grace to never hit the back of the net against us at any level playing at Villa Park.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:14:42 PM by Dave »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2023, 03:09:46 PM »
Look up virtue signaller in the dictionary and that jug eared spunk dustbin will appear.

How low has the media become when the main topics is an over paid football presenter.

I too cannot watch motd with the pundits, the grinning moron that is Richards, the manic depressive that is Danny Murphy, the no value opinion of  the footballing giant Jermaine Jenus and fast forward all of the narrative to just watching the games.

None of them will be missed, especially the crisp munching cnut

Agreed.

I usually have to turn the sound off for a couple of their commentators as well so I’m hoping they won’t turn up either and it’ll be just crowd sounds. I don’t feel the need to do this for Sky/BT/Prime/ITV, yes even Tyldesley.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2023, 03:10:59 PM »
Yep, Lineker is the bad guy here, not the fuckers treating human beings like absolute shit.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »

He worked at the World Cup as a BBC employee, paid by the BBC to present BBC coverage as he was contracted to.

So I've removed the libellous idiocy from your post.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:19:08 PM by Dave »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2023, 03:15:36 PM »

The post above about <removed>  sums him up

I'm no fan of him as a presenter per se, but I absolutely support him on this issue. It's complete double standards by the BBC and smacks of a Tory plan to divert attention from the real story.

It's worked. What is impressive though, is the complete support he has from other presenters, pundits and commentators, not to mention production staff.

They will shake and make up, the story will have done its job and the government will carry on being corrupt, evil bastards making criminals of victims whilst trousering cash and lining their own nests.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:17:48 PM by Dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal