collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread  (Read 173567 times)

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Re: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread
« Reply #780 on: August 10, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
I'm going to a match on Thursday and if my beloved Northern Superchargers don't defeat the hated Manchester Originals I will be fuming. NSTID

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #781 on: August 10, 2021, 01:58:05 PM »
My main gripe with the Hundred is that they've pushed aside the smaller counties.

Think the League would also be more exciting if there was a second division.

But the matches themselves have been quite exciting and generally close and it's nice to bring the women's game more to the fore as well.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #782 on: August 10, 2021, 04:11:31 PM »
My main gripe with the Hundred is that they've pushed aside the smaller counties.

.......and Gloucestershire ;) :)

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #783 on: August 10, 2021, 06:38:35 PM »
Still undecided about it all really, but do think it has been really good to see Moeen Ali representing and doing so well for a Birmingham team.  Fully accept he is a Worcestershire player and their fans may not be as keen, but he is from the city and may not have always got the recognition he deserves.  Would have been good to see Woakesy alongside him - does he actually play cricket any more?  I jest, but I do find the handling of him and the time he spends on the sidelines very frustrating.

As a Pear I am more bothered that Cox & Pennington are with hundred squads without getting on the field whilst we are coming up short in 50 over game than I am with the concept of the 100 competition

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #784 on: August 11, 2021, 12:13:37 AM »
http://

Think the League would also be more exciting if there was a second division.

But the matches themselves have been quite exciting and generally close and it's nice to bring the women's game more to the fore as well.

Part of the idea is to condense the talent in the country into a smaller number of teams.  The Hundred has come about because the ECB wouldn't have been able to push through a T20 tournament with a smaller number of teams because the Blast is the money earner for the counties.  They couldn't set up a rival T20 tournament, so had to do something different.  This way, they get their high profile tournament and the counties get to keep the Blast. 

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #785 on: August 11, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »
I've probably been watching more of the Women's Hundred than the Men's.

However, I am a bit concerned that there are players in the teams who are scheduled to bat low in the order (8 > 11) but who are not bowling either.

Unless these players are Derek Randall or Jonty Rhodes in the field, they're not getting much involvement.

Jemimah Rodrigues is only at the start of her career, but she's a big future in commentating in the future.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #786 on: August 11, 2021, 10:48:55 PM »
I've probably been watching more of the Women's Hundred than the Men's.

However, I am a bit colour ncerned that there are players in the teams who are scheduled to bat low in the order (8 > 11) but who are not bowling either.

Unless these players are Derek Randall or Jonty Rhodes in the field, they're not getting much involvement.

Jemimah Rodrigues is only at the start of her career, but she's a big future in commentating in the future.

It's not kids cricket mate!!

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #787 on: August 12, 2021, 06:50:09 PM »
An outstanding game of cricket at Edgbaston today between 2 actual counties. Somerset needing a win to have a chance to progress, the
Bears needing a miracle of every result going their way.Somerset won toss and batted making 287.
Bears in trouble from the outset with Yates & Rhodes going early. Decent knocks from a few,including Burgess who created cricket history today
being the first player in the history of cricket to get off the mark with a 5.

Worth being there just for that. The fact was tweeted by Brian Halford.
Anyway Bears saw it home to win by 3 wickets needing 1 run off last over where Ethan Brookes slogged one to mid on being caught but umpire
signalled a no ball for height.

MOTM  Matty Lamb with 4 wkts and an excellent 92.

Online Meanwood Villa

« Reply #788 on: August 12, 2021, 11:02:08 PM »
I'm going to a match on Thursday and if my beloved Northern Superchargers don't defeat the hated Manchester Originals I will be fuming. NSTID

Women lost and men won. Neither game close but hugely impressive 200 from the men's team.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #789 on: August 17, 2021, 07:39:34 PM »
Brilliant from the women’s Phoenix to qualify for the eliminator and a great comeback from the men to limit NSC to 143. Win and we go straight to the final.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #790 on: August 17, 2021, 08:30:21 PM »
Don't want to jinx it but this partnership for the men deserves to take them to the final, Livingstone has been exceptional.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #791 on: August 17, 2021, 08:38:14 PM »
Should win from here. Would fancy is even if Hoggard was batting.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #792 on: August 17, 2021, 08:44:58 PM »
Incredible batting from Livingstone tonight, ten sixes.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #793 on: August 17, 2021, 08:56:36 PM »
Livingstone, Ali, Smeed the top three six hitters in the Hundred.  Livingstone is in a class of his own.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #794 on: August 17, 2021, 08:59:00 PM »
This Phoenix squad is ridiculous, chased 143 with more than a quarter of the balls to spare.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal