collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Burnley post-match thread  (Read 29083 times)

Offline itmustbe_it is!

Re: Aston Villa v Burnley post-match thread
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2019, 09:25:42 PM »
Mings and SJM look increasingly frustrated, worryingly.

Mings looked really fed up at one point.

Maybe but he didn't cover himself in glory today either

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »
More self inflicted problems undermining the good bits. Smith should be bringing Davis on to hold the ball up when we are being pushed back.  He also needs to get them fitter and able to play for the full 90 minutes. He is looking very poor with his in-game management this season.  He needs to buck his ideas up.

He didn't noticeably improve this area when he did come on, albeit late

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
A lot of people wanted Trez starting today. Have to admit I'm completely missing what he's offering us at the moment, apart from feigning injury and today, running after the ref waving for a card and getting himself booked.

Yep, Taylor was poor today, it's just a pity the guy bought to replace him appears to made of the same stuff as Lansbury.

Two points from Bournemouth, West Ham and Burnley at home doesn't bode well,

The cross for our second goal?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
I know it’s a big it but if we managed two wins against Norwich and Brighton suddenly 7 points from these three games doesn’t look bad does it?  We are capable of winning them.  Everyone has got to stick together this season.  We always knew it would be tough.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2019, 09:35:16 PM »
By no means the worst offender on the day, but questions need to be asked of Grealish. I do not question his desire, but I do question his nous, which is surprising. If the attack is going to run through him, he needs to make better decisions with the ball. On a couple of occasions, he chose to shoot rather than make the easy and proper pass to the open man.

Again, he was not the main proble, but given the frequency of time he has on the ball, it is crucial that he improves quickly.

Grealish runs laterally with the ball far too much, instead of releasing it quickly. Supposed to be on the left wing but dropped in front of the centre halves to pick up the ball at times. A lot of what he does seems self indulgent, taking five touches when one or two would do. Big moment in second half and dreadful shot over the bar.

Agree with this to an extent, but my issue is that he's passing up opportunities to drive forward into the box to either shoot from closer range or win a penalty.

Grealish isn't the problem - in my eyes he had another 7/10 performance.

I'm starting to think he's becoming under-appreciated somewhat. Some goals/assists in some winning performances are all thats missing.

I don't think he's the problem either, I just think he's not being the best version of himself. He's still pretty good, but we know that there's so much more to come.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
Disappointing not to get the win, but with 31 games remaining, I'm staying positive. Only 4 points separate 10th from 18th in this league. There's lots of points to play for. With a bit more focus in games (particularly in the last 15-20 mins) and the continued support of the Villa
fans, things will start going our way. It will be interesting to see what we do striker-wise in January, but until then hopefully 1 of the 3 we've got will provide the consistency (and goals) that we need.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2019, 09:38:48 PM »
For the past few hours I thought McGinns celebration was a heart and point towards the Holte , just cottoned on what it actually was. What a bloke!

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »
For the past few hours I thought McGinns celebration was a heart and point towards the Holte , just cottoned on what it actually was. What a bloke!

What was it?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
Did the VAR sign and pointed at the ref.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2019, 09:45:04 PM »
Did the VAR sign and pointed at the ref.

Ah, thanks.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »
Targett going off really weakened us Taylor is a liability. Credit to the two starting full backs, Nakamba and McGinn. We were playing with ten men all day we have a centre forward who is 6ft 4' but can't jump and can't hold the ball up. I'm starting to worry about DS we had out best first half all season and yet start the second half at half pace the Burnley manager made changes at half time and we didn't adapt to the change that's the job of the manager.
I can imagine the owners will be making plans should the results not improve in the next two or three weeks as already we see players heads dropping.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2019, 10:36:49 PM »
Firstly, whilst it's crap being the team that has lost most points from winning positions at least were doing enough to be in front in the first place.

Secondly Taylor has been good do far this season.

Thirdly, ah bollocks.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
I just quite like being a Villa fan right now, 17th or not. ( cool with 18th too )
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:01:01 PM by Tuscans »

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2019, 10:56:35 PM »
I'd like it more if we were actually 17th!

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2019, 10:57:44 PM »
Our shooting, generally this season has been shite.
So many efforts have been scuffed, mis-hit or mis-timed. No one has put their feckin laces through one yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal