collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 36829 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Norwich City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2019, 12:02:11 PM »
Last time a newly-promoted team scored five away from home was more than eighteen years ago. Leeds finished fifth, Man City were in the second tier and So Solid Crew were top of the hit parade.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1495420.stm

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
Three points against Brighton and I think we'll be well set.  Not to be complacent, but there's clearly not much between any of the teams outside the top 2.  We've got  good defence that's only going to improve, and we're creating a fair few chances.  We really do have to cut out the silly mistakes at the back though, that's got to be our immediate priority.

Next 5:

Brighton (H)
Man City (A)
Liverpool (H)
Wolves (A)
Newcastle (H)

We have to win the first and last and hope for the best in the middle, I would say.  Also a league cup game with Wolves in between the City/Liverpool games.

I can see 8 points from that lot, which would be decent.  Beat Brighton and Newcastle, draw at home to Liverpool and away to the Dingles, loss at City.

I’d ecstatic with that return, I’d also be surprised.

Me too. Feels like people are getting carried away after we beat a dead cert for relegation. If we get 6 from the next 5 I’ll be very happy - that will be an improvement on the last 5 and these are much tougher fixtures.

A draw at home to Liverpool - I’ll have what your drinking - they are possibly the best team in world football right now and are in a very different league than us. Let’s just take it one step at a time

The dead cert for relegation you mention had juat last month beaten Man City, very much in a different league from them.

Not saying a draw against Liverpool is probable or ahould be expected, but we shouldn't go into any game with the attitude we have no chance of a positive result.

Can't see us drawing with Lpool but we live in hope

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2019, 02:01:38 PM »
We thought our winning run last season was incredible (and it was), but Liverpool have won 17 - SEVENTEEN - league matches on the bounce. They are in the sort of form you see once in a career. A draw would be incredible.

That said, all runs come to an end eventually, and it would be nice to be the ones to do it!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
They were spawny as anything against Leicester though, that should have been a draw.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »
I like to think when a team is winning match after match that each win brings them one game closer to their next loss.

If Liverpool haven’t dropped points by the time they play us then who knows, it could be us who get something off them.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2019, 05:44:08 PM »
It was a great win but should be tempered against the fact Norwich were down to the bare bones of their squad.
Brighton will be a tough game.
I am sorry but no tempering is necessary. Every game is different and offers a different challenge. We will deal with Brighton.

We will funeral Brighton.

However, having said that, I will be having a few quid on Maupay to score, as I can see the gigantic why-didn't-we-buy-him wailathon on here, already.

With reason, in my opinion.

Maupay is very good.

I really don't think he is that great, I'm not saying he's rubbish just not good enough for us and where we want to be going forward

I'm glad we didn't sign him, keeps our powder dry to see what we need and have a better look in Jan or May

obviously if he turns up on Saturday and is staggeringly brilliant I'll have to eat humble pie but for now I don't regret not signing him

he's the only player in Christendom where even his you-tube video reel doesn't impress to much

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal