collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 100929 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1605 on: February 16, 2020, 10:36:33 PM »
I cannot believe how optimistic I was last May. We had a knack of drawing games in the Championship - it was the thing that held us back from the automatic places - but I thought it would be the thing that would keep us up in the premier league.

I thought we would draw 10-11 this season and win 9-10.

I am alarmed at our inability to draw games. Like, we have thrown away draws against Bournemouth at home, Palace away, Arsenal away, Liverpool at home, Spurs at home. That's five points and I know there are others that I can't just think of. 3-4 extra points right now would be MASSIVE.

It is incredibly frustrating.

WE have played against ten men I think four times this season. Losing 3 abs 1 draw. Itís piss poor and I do maintain smiths doing a very poor to average job. He is under achieving for me and big questions may have to be asked end if season if things do not improve I am afraid.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1606 on: February 16, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »
It's 6 times we've played 10 men. W1 D1 L4. One of those was a late one when we were already 3 down, but it is a poor record.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #1607 on: February 17, 2020, 01:55:35 AM »
I'm still upset about losing out on that point at Palace (and them gaining all 3) thanks to that idiot Kevin Friend but when you see the way we've thrown away points this season its hard to argue we aren't exactly where we deserve to be right now.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #1608 on: February 17, 2020, 08:34:08 AM »
It's so frustrating. I think we have some good players, I enjoy watching us play, I feel a connection to this team that i didn't have last time we were in the division. And the first half an hour today i thought, well, we are a lot better than I give us cedit for and we may break the narrative this time and beat a "top 6" team. But to borrow from Jurassic Park, the Villa always find a way ...

The reason I thought we'd only get 6 more points looking at the fixtures is not because I think we're shit, Dean's shit, Suso's shit and all that. It's just that we screw up all too regularly against certain types of team, like today. And our away record is still too poor.

However, should we win away at Southampton, I think we'll stay up. It would mean we're not the same Villa I think we are.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #1609 on: February 17, 2020, 10:00:15 AM »
It was a sickening way to lose yesterday, but for me there were loads of positives.

Before the Norwich Away game in October, I nerdily predicted all of our results and got us finishing on 40 points.

After yesterday's game we're one point behind what I thought we'd be on now.

In the grand scheme, if this team can put 2 or 3 wins together in a row, we stay up. It's going to be a rollercoaster but they can definitely achieve survival.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #1610 on: February 17, 2020, 10:09:57 AM »
Three wins in a row?  Where on earth do you think those are going to come from?

Offline lukey27

« Reply #1611 on: February 17, 2020, 10:19:40 AM »
Three wins in a row?  Where on earth do you think those are going to come from?

That's the spirit.

I had us down for three more wins from here and still staying up, admittedly there's a few draws in there [which we seem incapable of getting currently].

All I'm saying is that if we can somehow find back-to-back wins, the odds are we stay up.

Why can't we win away at Newcastle or Southampton or Everton and follow it up with a home win. We'll probably get back-to-back home games at some point as well with the Sheffield United game being rearranged.

Offline in exile

• GM : 25.06.2019
« Reply #1612 on: February 17, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
Being totally honest, I can't see us getting more than 6 points for the rest of the season

Offline Risso

« Reply #1613 on: February 17, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »
We've had back-to-back wins once all season.  We'll be doing well to win three more games, let alone three in a row.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #1614 on: February 17, 2020, 10:35:04 AM »
We've had back-to-back wins once all season.  We'll be doing well to win three more games, let alone three in a row.

Which is what I had us getting and staying up. Happy days.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #1615 on: February 17, 2020, 10:55:39 AM »
Looking at other teams run ins down there and itís much of a muchness.

I can still see Newcastle going on a bad run and getting dragged in as they really are gash.  As for us, weíll be fine if we stop self sabotaging our season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #1616 on: February 17, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »
I think Southampton, Newcastle and possibly West Ham represent the best chances away from home.

Doesn't mean they're our only chance of course. I say possibly about West Ham, as we may well be safe and it could be a dead rubber by then.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1617 on: February 17, 2020, 11:25:03 AM »
I think Southampton, Newcastle and possibly West Ham represent the best chances away from home.

Doesn't mean they're our only chance of course. I say possibly about West Ham, as we may well be safe and it could be a dead rubber by then.

Be great if a 0-0 draw was all that was needed for both teams.  We spend 90 minutes tapping the ball around, then score in the 94th minute to send them down.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #1618 on: February 17, 2020, 11:40:28 AM »

Having heard, and since repeated, that we've not won 3 on the bounce in the PL since 2010, I thought I'd better check this. It was in fact 2009, Christmas, propelled us to fourth.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #1619 on: February 17, 2020, 11:42:12 AM »
Think three wins in a row will be beyond us but we've seen many times from us and other teams how back to back wins can really push you away from the bottom 3.

We need to do it in the run in, probably in April looking at the potential for a few home games to be bunched together around that time.

If we don't do it then feels a given either West Ham or Watford and one of the teams just above us will do it  and stay up instead of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal