collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219797 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1515 on: February 16, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »
All we had to do this year was finish 17th.

So disappointed the way it is panning out. We have been in trouble since the first game. We have never really caught a breather -today has took the wind out my sails..

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1516 on: February 16, 2020, 04:12:14 PM »
When you play in a league across 38 games, across many months, few things are ever down to luck. Of course you can be lucky or unlucky across that time but generally speaking it's down to what we deserve by way of the way you play and your overall attitude. Teams that win a lot of game deserve to. Teams that lose a lot of games deserve to. Teams that go down deserve to. You can analyze the details to death but when you play across 26 games in the manner we have or any of the other sides around us, it will come down to what we deserve. And right now we have completely earned our position in the table and very possibly our relegation in the few months time.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1517 on: February 16, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »
16 games we've conceded two or more goals. It's just not good enough.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1518 on: February 16, 2020, 04:21:18 PM »
The reason we lose so many games is because, defence midfield and up front, we are a piss poor side who, whenever we look like getting something from a match, try to throw it away every time.

It’s simply not good enough, and it hasn’t been since day one.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #1519 on: February 16, 2020, 04:22:29 PM »
Defensively we've been poor all season. Just constant individual errors. This can't just be about the personnel. We just never set up to be solid. We are an attractive attacking team, we play well at times, but our defending and defensive set up is absolutely killing us.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #1520 on: February 16, 2020, 04:27:57 PM »
It was only a point but it's another point. I felt we were gone after the Bournemouth game although we played better today I haven't changed my opinion.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1521 on: February 16, 2020, 04:29:47 PM »
Without reading the other posts I imagine I'm not alone in thinking Son goal has relegated us.

That goal knocked the stuffing out of me and when you see the reactions of our 11 at the end I can see our season going into a tailspin again.

Reminded me of losing to Leeds last minute last season. We won one game in two and a half months after that game. No need to think where we're going back to if we repeat that.

You simply can't play aswell as we did first half and go in actually losing. And then a battling 2-2 and a goal kick on the 93rd minute, respect the point ffs.

Instead we had about 7 players in Spurs half when we'd barely threatened for 25 minutes.

In games like this the naivity of the 11 out on the pitch is incredible to see sometimes. Why didn't the actual back 5 just drop back as soon as the goal kick was taken?! It's something Newcastle would've done to grind out another draw and well they're at least six points clear of us currently.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1522 on: February 16, 2020, 04:31:58 PM »
Haven't been able to shut games down and battle it out for draws. We have a soft under belly and an open, soft approach to games. Toughen up and concentrate, fight for every block and knock down or we will be playing Reading again next season watching Wesley lumber around not getting a kick against cloggers like Chris Samba (unless he's retired).

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1523 on: February 16, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »
Defensively we've been poor all season. Just constant individual errors. This can't just be about the personnel. We just never set up to be solid. We are an attractive attacking team, we play well at times, but our defending and defensive set up is absolutely killing us.

I have been really disappointed in Smith and think he was very lucky not to get the sack after Watford away.

Why has he not been more pragmatic and tried to make us more solid? You can draw your way to safety in this league but we are so bloody so open.

A more seasoned and pragmatic manager would have 4-5 extra points on the board with this lot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 04:40:24 PM by Villan82 »

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #1524 on: February 16, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »
I think it’s partly belief in the players in seeing these games out, there has been a theme of naivety throughout the season and I think it could be due to a lack of experience amongst the bulk of our squad.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1525 on: February 16, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »
I don't think I would swap our next five games for the next five fixtures of Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford. Like a lot of struggling sides we have good spells in games but then have bad spells on good days and on bad days we are just bad. We play away to Southampton, Leicester and Newcastle and home to Chelsea and Wolves. Palace, Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford all have to face Liverpool in their next five fixtures.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1526 on: February 16, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »
Today was another example of when at 2-2 with 5 min to go you got into a formation that essentially stifles the life out of the game. Spurs for their challenges this season have incredible talent all over the pitch so to continue to play a wide open go for the win style was so fucking naive that late on. It’s again on the manager.

Offline ez

« Reply #1527 on: February 16, 2020, 04:41:23 PM »
16 games we've conceded two or more goals. It's just not good enough.

Yep. With such a weak defence we need to score at least 2 just to get a draw.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1528 on: February 16, 2020, 04:44:24 PM »
The annoying thing is that with some of our players like Grealish and a couple of the others we have the ability in the side to hold the ball in the opposition half in the dying minutes of games.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1529 on: February 16, 2020, 04:44:35 PM »
Us going for the win, formation etc, has nothing to do with Engels deciding to do what he did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal