collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 222279 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1065 on: December 28, 2019, 06:07:38 PM »
Norwhich are showing something. They are playing together.
We haven't done anything like this since man united. Something has to be done. Bring in players for sure. Sacking Smith maybe. I'd be sorry for him because i like him but if it needs doing ...
I wonder if the Norwich fans were calling for the managers head when they lost a few games.

They were at the start of last season

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1066 on: December 28, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
Oh look norwixh beatings spurs 2-0

1-0 an armpit hair was offside according to VAR.

Offline mike

« Reply #1067 on: December 28, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »
I’m not so much worried as resigned. The only positive is there’s half a season left... but I’m struggling to see how that’s going to help us.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1068 on: December 28, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »
Oh look norwixh beatings spurs 2-0

1-0 an armpit hair was offside according to VAR.

Nah it was a stray beard hair. If only he had trimmed it this morning

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1069 on: December 28, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »
We haven't done anything like this since man united. Something has to be done. Bring in players for sure. Sacking Smith maybe. I'd be sorry for him because i like him but if it needs doing ...
I wonder if the Norwich fans were calling for the managers head when they lost a few games.
In all fairness, Norwich are not Aston Villa. And anyway, could you see Farke consistently playing a player of Grealish's talent out of position on the left wing, and/or sticking with Wesley up front every game? No. Me neither.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #1070 on: December 28, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
Starting to get worried? Christ...beyond worried, it's happening and we are fecking awful. Awful and all this if Deano did this, if we beat Southampton, if we didn't lose Mings...if if if. If nothing changes we're down, and only a fool can't see that. It's happening once again that we sleepwalk to relegation. We learn nothing at the Villa, nothing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1071 on: December 28, 2019, 06:20:31 PM »

Ultimately they spent very little compared to us in the summer.

They do actually remind me of us in how naive they are in periods of matches. Given the bigger teams better games though given they beat Norwich, should've beaten Arsenal and deserve to be 1 up v Spurs.

To stay up we're going to have to beat some of those in second half of the season whoever the manager is.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1072 on: December 28, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »
We need swift action from the owners to save us.  We will see.

After a bit of sulking, I do think this is salvageable if the right actions are taken quickly.  This isn't like when we had a disinterested Lerner and his clueless sidekicks running us into the ground, but the new owners and the hierarchy of the club have now got to make some massive decisions. We are nowhere near cut adrift at this point, but do run the risk of becoming so if this continues much longer.

They have put faith in Dean Smith and his staff, and had a transfer policy in the summer geared towards younger players.  We are now halfway through the season and it hasn't worked and it is rapidly getting worse.   

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #1073 on: December 28, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »
Good points tomd. I am feeling pretty downbeat but when you look at the table all is not lost. Bit of decisive action by the ownership, whatever that may be, and there is time for the club to be galvanised this season. Certainly shouldn't be the pathetic surrender of 2016.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1074 on: December 28, 2019, 11:07:23 PM »
The similarities to 2016 is the strength and experience of the team, some good potential but not enough experience.
This time the club has a management structure and owners recently invested.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1075 on: December 29, 2019, 02:55:09 AM »
Feeling really low so dared to look at the table and had to remind myself how tight it all is. We could/should so easily be upper mid table but thanks to some appalling game management and Kevin Friend we’re not. The performances are the greatest worry as we look utterly shot.

We’re effectively 2 points from safety with 54 still to play for. That’s not panic stations. The performances over the last 4 weeks most certainly have been. Very worried but not resigned like I was in 2015/16. Over to Purslow and the owners.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1076 on: December 29, 2019, 03:04:59 AM »
We are going to be in the mix whatever happens. None of the teams at the bottom are as bad as those of 5 or 6 years ago.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1077 on: December 29, 2019, 08:04:08 AM »
TBH I've always thought we'd go down because the recruitment in the summer mirrored that of 2015. I can honestly say i haven't enjoyed our return much at all. Needless to say, I will be renewing my ST at the earliest opportunity to do my tiny bit for the club.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #1078 on: December 29, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »
Anyone know what the FFP implications are of us returning to the shithole that is The Championship?

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #1079 on: December 29, 2019, 12:02:14 PM »
Frightening

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal