collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219917 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1050 on: December 28, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »
It is very clear that there is something fundamentally wrong. The lack of a tactical idea is one thing, but the absolute lack of effort/energy is abysmal.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #1051 on: December 28, 2019, 05:18:05 PM »
I think we’re gone. It’s got too bad and the rot is too deep. It’s going to be a painful 2020. Unless we buy a stonking striker and midfielder in the window there is just the slow slide back into the championship.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1052 on: December 28, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »
Since the first Vardy goal in Leicester game we've looked a proper relegation side, championship 11 masquerading in the top division.

Hard to believe the Man. United performance was less than a month ago. We look proper bobbins atm. Even the Norwich win we were very lucky to win given the chances we gave them and we spectacularly failed to back up that win today.

We're not good enough. The worry I have is we won't make the managerial change at the right time just like in 15/16. Back then we let Sherwood have countless six pointers and we failed to win any of them.

Remi Garde started with a home game v Man. City. Didn't win that and then got thrashed in a difficult away game at Everton so we simply couldn't get new manager bounce.

We let Dean go after Burnley and the next game is Man. City at home and then Brighton away who comfortably beat Bournemouth at home.

Ultimately though we do little bar sign some more lower level projects and we'll struggle to win more than three more games this season and will go down by quite a distance.

At least a new manager would give us a chance of 5-6 wins and that could well be enough. We need to stay up. I can't understand anyone who'd be happy to just go down and be back to being a big fish in a small pond.

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #1053 on: December 28, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »
Lost for words. Not worried any more cos worried implies there is still little hope. I just can' see any. Really sad today.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1054 on: December 28, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »
We're not doomed at all, considering how shit we've been recently we're only 2 points from safety with 18 games to go. If we'd beaten Saints we'd be 15th, that's how small the margins are so i'm not waving the white flag yet.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1055 on: December 28, 2019, 05:38:37 PM »
If we continue to perform as we have we are toast.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #1056 on: December 28, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »
I can't understand anyone who'd be happy to just go down and be back to being a big fish in a small pond.
If there was even a slight chance of us competing properly at this level (I don't mean getting into Europe; I'd settle for a few years of mid-table mediocrity or, at least, not needing a miracle to avoid relegation), I'd be as ecstatic as the next fan. However, there's nothing I've seen - apart from a few flashes - that make me think we can with this set-up. I want Smith gone; top-level players brought in and for Villa to stay up but, if that doesn't happen, going back down and playing at the right level for squad and manager would be a relief, to be honest. At least I'd enjoy it more than I do the current cockwash on offer.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1057 on: December 28, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »
Yes (reluctantly)

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1058 on: December 28, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
I can't understand anyone who'd be happy to just go down and be back to being a big fish in a small pond.
If there was even a slight chance of us competing properly at this level (I don't mean getting into Europe; I'd settle for a few years of mid-table mediocrity or, at least, not needing a miracle to avoid relegation), I'd be as ecstatic as the next fan. However, there's nothing I've seen - apart from a few flashes - that make me think we can with this set-up. I want Smith gone; top-level players brought in and for Villa to stay up but, if that doesn't happen, going back down and playing at the right level for squad and manager would be a relief, to be honest. At least I'd enjoy it more than I do the current cockwash on offer.

We just need to sign better.

I don't mind young promising players but 2-3 at the most, there has to be a balance and I'm staggered we've gone down the same route as in summer 2015. The result is a bit better but we're still in the bottom 3.

As I've said many times Wolves is a template. We need to swallow our pride and look at how they've done things. Signed young players like Neves and Adama but also proven quality like Joao Moutinho.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1059 on: December 28, 2019, 05:49:42 PM »
Norwich winning. We'll be bottom by end of January.

Leicester also missed a penalty v West Ham (Fabianski saves on his return) and they've put out a really weak 11.

Even when we were doing o.k it seems results from elsewhere have gone against us all season.

At the moment we're nowhere near good enough to stop up whatever else happens.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1060 on: December 28, 2019, 05:50:29 PM »
To top if off norwich are winning. We are gone. We only have ourselves to blame.

Grealish mcginn and mjngs will all go

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1061 on: December 28, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
We have time, we are not cut adrift. But we must sack Smith immediately. A new manager could get us to safety. Smith will relegate us.

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #1062 on: December 28, 2019, 06:00:23 PM »
Norwhich are showing something. They are playing together.
We haven't done anything like this since man united. Something has to be done. Bring in players for sure. Sacking Smith maybe. I'd be sorry for him because i like him but if it needs doing ...

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1063 on: December 28, 2019, 06:04:01 PM »
Oh look norwixh beatings spurs 2-0

Offline Taylor

« Reply #1064 on: December 28, 2019, 06:06:12 PM »
Norwhich are showing something. They are playing together.
We haven't done anything like this since man united. Something has to be done. Bring in players for sure. Sacking Smith maybe. I'd be sorry for him because i like him but if it needs doing ...
I wonder if the Norwich fans were calling for the managers head when they lost a few games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal