collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 223089 times)

Offline walsall villain

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #375 on: September 29, 2019, 04:02:17 PM »
Would you not say that Nkamaba looks like he will be a big improvement on playing Hourihane as a number six, Risso? Or that Trezeguet is a step up from Adomah/Green?
I would yes. And as for replacing a much loved striker that wasn’t ours, it was always going to be difficult as a newly promoted club.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #376 on: September 29, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
The only position our best 11 this season isn't either stronger or at least on a par with the best 11 of last season is the striker imo.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #377 on: September 29, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
The only position our best 11 this season isn't either stronger or at least on a par with the best 11 of last season is the striker imo.

agreed. If we just had the same, so if Tammy was still with us we'd be in a much better position. For the grief some gave Tammy last year (I really didn't get why) his movement and instinct are off the chart compared to Wesley. Such a shame really that Chelsea had the transfer ban.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #378 on: September 29, 2019, 04:11:57 PM »

Agreed. Would have loved to keep Abraham.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #379 on: September 29, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
If we had Tammy this season I agree we'd most likely be in a better position, if we had the team from last season we'd be nailed on for the drop imo.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #380 on: September 29, 2019, 04:47:22 PM »
Yes, I think my worries about Abraham were definitely wrong. But whether I thought he was up to it or not, there was never any chance of him coming here again.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #381 on: September 29, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Yeah, he was never coming this season sadly. While he always spoke warmly of us while he was here, I can understand him having an emotional attachment to Chelsea and wanting to try and make it there given he has been there since he was seven or eight.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #382 on: September 29, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »
Michy Batshuyai is very similar to Tammy. Won't offer huge amount in build up play but get crosses into six yard box and he'll get on the end of them.

Would be looking for someone like him in January, reasonably proven and will want to play with Euro 2020 coming up. Palace got him on six month loan last January.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #383 on: September 29, 2019, 05:49:00 PM »

agreed. If we just had the same, so if Tammy was still with us we'd be in a much better position. For the grief some gave Tammy last year (I really didn't get why) his movement and instinct are off the chart compared to Wesley. Such a shame really that Chelsea had the transfer ban.

ten years of worrying about FFP and it ends up affecting us because another club broke the rules.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #384 on: September 29, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »
I'm not worried.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #385 on: September 29, 2019, 07:14:20 PM »
Would you not say that Nkamaba looks like he will be a big improvement on playing Hourihane as a number six, Risso? Or that Trezeguet is a step up from Adomah/Green?

Was impressed with Nkamaba again yesterday and can only really remember him giving the ball away once.  Liked McGinn in that more advanced role, but thought Hourihane was pretty anonymous and the game passed him by.  If Douglas can get up to speed then him and Nkamaba with McGinn in front of them could be  a pretty decent midfield trio.

Thought Trezeguet offered more than El Ghazi in the time he was on, even though the latter did get a goal.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #386 on: September 29, 2019, 07:42:35 PM »
We're one point off 17th, (which effectively should be our target).
We're 3 points off 11th (and being above Man Utd).
One draw behind Norwich, one win behind Sheffield United.
If we'd not lost all those points from winning positions we'd have another 8 and be third.

Basically this is absolutely not the time to panic. We're giving away silly goals but we can, and will, get better.

So what you're saying is that if we had more points, we'd have more points, and be higher up the table.  Can't really argue with that I suppose.

Yeah, that's right Risso. For once you can't find something to argue about. Do you want to complain about it anyway?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #387 on: September 29, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
You’re such a pant wetter Drummond.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »
You’re such a pant wetter Drummond.

They're sipping wet Risso. I think you're just mistaking it for excitement though.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
You see, Risso, I'm not the one who's worried. I'm not the one who thinks the end is nigh, who thinks everyone is shit, a waste of money and out of their depth. I think we'll be fine. I think our manager is great, will do a fine job for us and will be talked about for years.

We're not having the best run, but we're not being fucked over either. We haven't got a divine right to walk the league or to beat anyone. Based on the league positions last year, we started this as the lowest ranked.

We spent a lot of money replacing half the squad or making loans permanent. Given all the changes I think we need time to gel but already there are some great signs.

Of course I'd rather we won every game, of course I'm disappointed when we don't, but let's not cry about it eh?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:02:10 AM by Drummond »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal