collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219822 times)

Offline AllanW

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2019, 10:53:34 AM »
Is it safe to come back on the site yet? Have all the titty-babbies finished their crying? Have all the infants finished blowing their snot-bubbles? Have all the Mystic Megs finished telling us how the rest of the season will go? From their font of wise and truthful knowledge and their complete stock of inside information?

Good.

The Burnley forum wasn’t wrong when it said we have ‘temperamental’ supporters they just meant infantile and they were referring to times like those we’ve had immediately after the last 2 games. If this were a site for schoolkids you’d feel justified in saying ‘Stop being so childish, you’re fourteen now; act like it’.

‘Smith out’, ‘We’ll be relegated’, ‘We are in trouble’, ‘Questions need to be asked of Grealish’, ‘Wesley is utter shite’, ‘Taylor is crap’, ‘getting embarrassing now’, ‘ I can’t see us surviving’, ‘our striker is a waste of a shirt’, ‘huge couple of games before the tin hats and blindfolds come out’, ‘Deano doesn’t look up to PL standard’, ‘it’s just not good enough’, ‘the honeymoon is over’, ‘As it stands we’re fucked’, ‘I can see us going down, easily’, ‘we’re clearly out of ideas’, ‘we’re going down’, ‘ and that’s just on the post-match thread. With friends like these who needs opponents?

It’s still September; we have a great manager and coaching staff; we have a great playing staff; it’s still September.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2019, 11:00:20 AM »
Quite right. Lots of positives, just need to get into the swing. Oh and hope no opposition players get sent off!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »
The positive thing is that we're not being royally fucked over every week. We're in games but stupid errors cost us.

We can do this. And I believe we will.

On a negative note in 15/16 the first time we lost a game by more than one goal margin was middle of that October!

Offline ez

« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2019, 12:03:46 PM »
It’s because we have no striker options. Kodja being injured leaves only Davis. If Smith sticks with 4-3-3 he has to play Wesley who lacks consistency along with AEG and Trez.

The striker situation isn't great but we are scoring enough goals to win games. It's the conceding of goals that is a more urgent problem.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
Is it safe to come back on the site yet? Have the self proclaimed stoics acting the hard man gone yet?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:10:33 PM by themossman »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »
Is it safe to come back on the site yet? Have all the titty-babbies finished their crying? Have all the infants finished blowing their snot-bubbles? Have all the Mystic Megs finished telling us how the rest of the season will go? From their font of wise and truthful knowledge and their complete stock of inside information?

Stop being so childish, you’re fourteen now; act like it.

;)

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »
Posted this in post Burnley thread but probably better off here...

Marvellous is turning world class and is our best performer by far. Watching live yesterday, his no nonsense tackling, constant distribution, going forward decision making and loads of taps and flicks to dispossess opposition was top drawer. Luiz started season well and I liked him but something dramatic needs to happen to get his place back unless Luiz plays odd game as a sitter with marvellous further forward giving jack or mcginn an occasional rest .
Good to see Connor back and Targett will be reliable if they can get his hamstrings sorted. I’m glad Deano had balls to tweak system and personal.
He needs to have balls to put Hause LB whilst Targett out and drop Engels for a bit as he’s made poor decisions last few weeks and cost penalties/goals to give Konsa a chance to play with mings .

Until we get another quality striker option to start as choice from Wesley and another decent option off bench we will be in the bottom 5 until January unfortunately .
If we make those January acquisitions and pull a run out of the bag half as good as last year between feb - April hopefully we’ll survive

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2019, 12:16:56 PM »
I'm concerned that we've conceded five very preventable goals in the last two games due to defensive lapses.  That was our strong point up to then.  I'm concerned that Wesley doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard but Smith seems wary of giving Davis a run.  Surely it's worth a try?  I'm concerned Smith is persisting with Taylor who is (usually) just about ok defensively but offers nothing going forward.  I'm concerned that Trezeguet shows some good touches but lacked composure when wasting two or three clear chances which could have given us two goal cushions.  I'm also concerned that refs and VAR officials have given some bloody awful decisions against us, a trend that needs to change if we are to have any chance.   I'm concerned that we can't seem to last more than 70 minutes without looking knackered.  I'm concerned that we seem to fall apart when faced with only 10 men.  I'm concerned that Smith seems dumbfounded when the opposition make formation and tactical changes, and slow to react when our players are obviously knackered.  I'm concerned that there aren't any obvious relegation fodder teams in the PL this year - even Watford looked they could play a bit against Arsenal.

Apart from that everything is fine and dandy, and it is only September....

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2019, 12:29:20 PM »
'Titty babies', good grief. We've had a concerning start to the league season and look to have done problems. As I said, I think we're a good side, but it's a tough league and good sides can and will go down.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2019, 12:35:17 PM »

Good.

The Burnley forum wasn’t wrong when it said we have ‘temperamental’ supporters they just meant infantile and they were referring to times like those we’ve had immediately after the last 2 games. If this were a site for schoolkids you’d feel justified in saying ‘Stop being so childish, you’re fourteen now; act like it’.

Says the man who wants to start a petition against a referee because 'it's not fair.'

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2019, 03:18:52 PM »
I'm concerned that we've conceded five very preventable goals in the last two games due to defensive lapses.  That was our strong point up to then.  I'm concerned that Wesley doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard but Smith seems wary of giving Davis a run.  Surely it's worth a try?  I'm concerned Smith is persisting with Taylor who is (usually) just about ok defensively but offers nothing going forward.  I'm concerned that Trezeguet shows some good touches but lacked composure when wasting two or three clear chances which could have given us two goal cushions.  I'm also concerned that refs and VAR officials have given some bloody  awful decisions against us, a trend that needs to change if we are to have any chance.   I'm concerned that we can't seem to last more than 70 minutes without looking knackered.  I'm concerned that we seem to fall apart when faced with only 10 men.  I'm concerned that Smith seems dumbfounded when the opposition make formation and tactical changes, and slow to react when our players are obviously knackered.  I'm concerned that there aren't any obvious relegation fodder teams in the PL this year - even Watford looked they could play a bit against Arsenal.

Apart from that everything is fine and dandy, and it is only September....
You Titty Baby. ;)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2019, 03:30:01 PM »
We're one point off 17th, (which effectively should be our target).
We're 3 points off 11th (and being above Man Utd).
One draw behind Norwich, one win behind Sheffield United.
If we'd not lost all those points from winning positions we'd have another 8 and be third.

Basically this is absolutely not the time to panic. We're giving away silly goals but we can, and will, get better.

So what you're saying is that if we had more points, we'd have more points, and be higher up the table.  Can't really argue with that I suppose.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »
I'm sorry but saying "we have a great playing staff" is horseshit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »
Other than the defence, the rest of the team isn't really much of an improvement on last year, and in effectively swapping Tammy for Wesley, we've massively weakened the front three.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2019, 03:56:30 PM »
Would you not say that Nkamaba looks like he will be a big improvement on playing Hourihane as a number six, Risso? Or that Trezeguet is a step up from Adomah/Green?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal