collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219836 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2019, 01:13:01 AM »
When you break the games down it's not so gloomy, Spurs are a top outfit and we nearly caused an upset, Everton are supposedly a top six side and we beat them, Bournemouth we were disappointing and we saw what happened at Palace. Remember the pace of the game has gone up from last season and some of our players like McGinn are finding it hard adjusting. Wesley needs more support he will come good but disappointed with with Trez. We have players who can come in and make a difference.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2019, 03:44:59 AM »
After 4 games last season, the bottom three was West Ham, Burnley, and Newcastle. And they all had less than three points. None of them were relegated.

None of those just got promoted or purchased a whole new squad.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2019, 03:57:42 AM »
What is the point in worrying?  As fans there is only one thing we can do, which is get behind the team, encourage them, and show them how much their efforts mean to us all.

Panicking, second-guessing, and getting on people’s backs after only four games isn’t going to achieve anything.  If people expected us to walk it then that’s their own fault, it was always going to be a difficult season and if you can’t take the downs with the ups then you’re really not going to enjoy a lot of football in life!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2019, 04:07:18 AM »
No. Outside of the top 2 nobody is that special. That’s why one win all of a sudden puts us in the top 6. Way too early yet. Concerned about a few things? Absolutely. But we have time to fix them.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2019, 06:50:14 AM »
We will be OK too early to be worried.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2019, 08:27:16 AM »
After 4 games last season, the bottom three was West Ham, Burnley, and Newcastle. And they all had less than three points. None of them were relegated.

Let's see where we are after 10 games.

I like this stat. Good work 👍🏿
Palace lost all of their first 6 games, scoring no goals; two seasons' ago.
Stayed up.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »
Not worried at all. We've got some good players and a good team.

We've not had the rub of the green at times. Should have got something from the Bournemouth game and should have got something on the weekend.

We'll be grand.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »

Let's see where we are after 10 games.

I like this stat. Good work 👍🏿
Palace lost all of their first 6 games, scoring no goals; two seasons' ago.
Stayed up.

Keep 'em coming 😁

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2019, 09:34:37 AM »
Huddersfield lost three of their first four games last season, and went down.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2019, 10:00:34 AM »
I'm not so worried that we only have three points and are in the bottom 3 as there is still a long way to go.  However I am a bit concerned that we seem to be struggling to adapt to the pace, tempo and intensity of PL games.  Even during our 10 game winning run we had periods where the tempo dropped off and we ceded possession and chances to the opposition. You can get away with that in the Championship, but not the PL. We need to be able to keep the intensity going for most if not all of the game. 

Offline mike

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2019, 10:14:20 AM »
We were at least as good as Bournemouth but suffered from two semi fluke goals and were very unlucky against Palace. Like others, I worry about the striker options but as long as the team spirit holds, we will be fine once we get a few wins in.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2019, 10:20:45 AM »
We were at least as good as Bournemouth but suffered from two semi fluke goals and were very unlucky against Palace. Like others, I worry about the striker options but as long as the team spirit holds, we will be fine once we get a few wins in.
It's hard to judge whether we were as good as Bournemouth.  We gifted them a 2 goad start and they played the rest of the game accordingly.  They didn't do much because they didn't have to.  Yes they were lucky, but they beat us at a canter.
As for Palace, the decision was a disgrace but they were FAR better than us on the day.
I am still hopeful we will be ok, but I don't take much comnfort from those two games.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2019, 10:28:11 AM »
Huddersfield lost three of their first four games last season, and went down.

Yeah, but they're shit.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »
It's hard to judge whether we were as good as Bournemouth.  We gifted them a 2 goad start and they played the rest of the game accordingly.  They didn't do much because they didn't have to.  Yes they were lucky, but they beat us at a canter.
As for Palace, the decision was a disgrace but they were FAR better than us on the day.
I am still hopeful we will be ok, but I don't take much comnfort from those two games.
The Palace game; they had a team going in at half time that where allowed to act without impunity also bolstered by the fact that every poor tackle by the opposition players would result in either a booking or a sending off - we held our own very well with 10 against 12 (one with the power to make any decision he deemed fit).
AND no, not worried.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:40:21 AM by Neil Hawkes »

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2019, 11:06:29 AM »
Yes.
I don't think our squad is good enough or deep enough, we don't have enough possession and we don't create enough chances.
Our new signings are a mixed bag: Been impressed with Heaton, Engels and Guilbert, but Trezeguit and Wesley are simply not good enough at this level, Jota a bit player at best, El Ghazi poor.
Even after the euphoria of the Everton win I was'nt convinced and I think Smith's tactics of getting the ball to stick up top with players joining from midfield is flawed, we have to be able to change tactics for different situations, and I'm surprised I haven't seen enough of that from Smith.
We all, me included, want him so much to succeed, but I don't think our owners will want us to get too stranded near the foot before they start getting twitchy, hope it does'nt come to that but the West Ham game is becoming huge now before a trip to Arsenal, where we won't have much possession again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal