collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 221878 times)

richtheholtender

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2019, 11:12:00 AM »
I don’t think the situation would be looking as bad if Newcastle hadn’t of beaten spurs and palace hadn’t of beaten united. Trezeguet concerns me. Jota Abs El Ghazi have had some sort of impact on games where as he seems to just be taking every opportunity to go to the floor. He just doesn’t look the threat I thought he would. I still don’t see the value in signing Konsa instead of say Maupay was. As somebody else put, we look a striker to light and a centre half to heavy. I also think that after spending £130 million on 12 new players, to fall short of getting another striker/winger for say £15-£20 million doesn’t make sense. If the money was an issue, why not use the loan market like Bournemouth did for Wilson?

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2019, 11:12:43 AM »
We have a capable squad I would like DS to make changes early when players are not performing.
This for me. He doesn’t react when we’re under the cosh and he should have subbed Tres at half time yesterday as he was booked and playing crap

Make of this what you will.
The goal conceded away  against Palace was in the 73rd minute
The 1st goal conceded away this season was v Spurs also in the 73rd minute.

The Premier league season so far :
Between minutes 31st to 70th minute there has been no goal scored or conceded by Villa.
It's a small sample of data as only 4 matches but interesting nonetheless.

Villa have scored 50% of goals in first 30 minutes of matches and 50% from 70th minute to 90th of matches .

Scored:
Spurs 9'
Bournemouth 71'
Everton 21' 90'

Villa have conceded 36% of goals in first 30 minutes and conceded 64% of goals from 70th to 90th minute.

Goals conceded minutes
Bournemouth 1' 12'
Palace 73'
Spurs 73' 86' 90'

Similar pattern In league cup tend to have goals be it for or against in first half hour of a match or in final 20 minutes.

Aston Villa scored v Crewe
4 ' 24'  45' 69' 76' minutes), Grealish (87' minutes)
And conceded '84

I would make the following of that:

We support a team of 11 blokes who play on a bit of grass in Birmingham and we try to kick a ball into a net more times in about an hour and a half than another team of 11 blokes who are trying to kick the same ball into another net more times than us.
But then statistical analysis never was my strong point.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 11:16:52 AM »
I was going off trezeguet before yesterday. I don’t think he’s done enough justify a starting place. Lot of swagger without backing it up has had all our best chances this season and not taken them, Bolasie style.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 11:20:38 AM »
Yeah, i only skimmed through it but it's a bit early in the season for all that bollocks.

Offline AllanW

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2019, 11:24:37 AM »
No. Not worried.

The squad and coaching staff are capable of ensuring the club stays up.

UTV

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2019, 11:36:45 AM »
I’m not worried on the basis of results so far. I was worried before the season started and will continue to be until the end of the season because despite having a fantastic manager, owners and set up generally, we came up as the 3rd best team (by quite a long way) and you can’t transform anything overnight.
Also let’s not kid ourselves, for all the hyperbolic Sky and BBC ‘Premier League’ crap nearly all the teams in this league are bloody good and some may as well be off a different planet. So I don’t buy this ‘Palace and Bournemouth are nothing special, we should be hammering the likes of them’ stuff.
It’s going to be a battle in every game and as far as I can see , we have battled in every one so far. When we stop doing that, I will really start to get concerned.
In the meantime UTV !!

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »
I will start to worry if we lose to West Ham.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2019, 11:59:10 AM »
I've been worried since we got whacked at Newcastle in 2010 and I'm hardly about to stop now.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
No, not worried at all.

It's a long season and they'll be a lot of ups and downs.

We'll be OK.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2019, 12:30:28 PM »
I was going off trezeguet before yesterday. I don’t think he’s done enough justify a starting place. Lot of swagger without backing it up has had all our best chances this season and not taken them, Bolasie style.

Not worried at the moment, but agree with this. The one player I have a real concern about at the moment. This theratrical chucking himself on the floor every time he's barely touched really boils my piss. He's done it several times, correctly been laughed at by officials, and then leaves us open to a counter attack.

Actually thought he was unlucky with his first yellow where the Palace lad made a complete meal of very little contact. The second was just ridiculous, especially as our friend couldn't wait to get the red card out.

Hopefully his form, involvement and attitude will improve a lot, because we really need it to.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2019, 12:41:11 PM »
I know what you mean.

However, i think this team was always going to need 5/6 games to properly gel, and I still think that is the case.

Having said that, seeing us in the relegation places, even after only a few games, does make me uncomfortable.

I've seen enough so far to be positive about, we just need to start losing fewer games, and try not to panic in the meantime.

Online Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Yes. We’re not going to score enough goals, and we’re way too lightweight in midfield.

I'm not in panic mode but this has definitely crossed my mind more than once.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2019, 12:50:44 PM »
Not worried but Dean has to get a grip of his tactics - yesterday was all wrong and to survive in this league we first have to exercise control in midfield. Playing Jota, McGinn, and Grealish in the same side, away, is a mistake (that three leave us too light in terms bossing midfield) and as a result Palace largely were on the front foot for very large parts of the game. The fact we only lost 1-0 says much about our defense and their terrible attack.

Hourihane and Marvelous alongside Luiz in midfield would significantly strengthen the core. Then we need our FB to supply the ammo which means Taylor has to give way.

If we lose to WH, our confidence may really start to plummet.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2019, 12:53:47 PM »
Nope.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
I was worried before the season started and I'm still worried now.  Not because of anything that's happened on the pitch, just because it was always going to be very difficult this season and we had particular disadvantages in having signed so many new and inexperienced players.  I said at the start that I'd take 17th like a shot, and I still would.  I think we'll stay up but I suspect it won't be by much.  A striker in January will help tremendously.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal