collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread  (Read 34200 times)

Offline MalcolmP

Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2019, 06:45:36 PM »
. Easily the worse game I’ve seen Jack have in a Villa shirt. Gutted
[/quote]  wtf? created more chances for others today than any other player in the Premier league. Assist too for Luiz.
Was you at the game?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2019, 06:45:52 PM »
Is it worth going for Llorente on a short-term basis? Could do a job up until January and at least it'd be another option.

I think bigger fish than us are in for him.

Money talks. We can afford to get him in even if the wages are steep. We simply have to try and stay in this League.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Tuscans you probably had a better view, let’s hope you are right Mate.
I agree with Tuscans

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »
Not quite sure why our full backs are coming in for any criticism.
Of all of our longer serving players, both Elmo and Taylor have stepped up massively.
I go so far as to say that Elmo is also the best winger at the club and I’d rather see him playing in the position occupied by either AEG or Trezeguet.

I think both McGinn and Jack are struggling to pick up the pace and power of the prem and need to pick up on their performances.
Once they do though I think we will see a big improvement in the results.

I’m glad we have for these two ‘firsts’ out of the way.

I

I rate Trezeguet. He’s strong on the ball and always wants to go forward. I like his confidence and think he’ll adapt to this league quickly. Not really sure what you mean about McGinn.. I thought he might’ve been the best player out there today. At certain points I felt like he had the team on his back.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2019, 06:49:47 PM »
We looked less threatening up front than we did in pre-season because we'retaking too many touches before we cross so instead of attackers and defenders running towards the goal they're stood waiting, this is why Targett and Guilbert need to come in before too long. I don't care if people think Elmo and Taylor have done ok, they're not getting forward quick enough or with enough quality to unbalance sides and we've got a couple of guys in reserve who look like they can do much better in that aspect.

Agree with this, first half we struggled to beat their press as it was a flat back 4 which is very easy to pen in, second half they got forward more and that also meant Luiz could take the ball off the centre halves with more space as well.

I agree with many that Elmo and Taylor have done well first 2 games but for me they are not offensive enough as players.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2019, 06:50:48 PM »
Not quite sure why our full backs are coming in for any criticism.
Of all of our longer serving players, both Elmo and Taylor have stepped up massively.
I go so far as to say that Elmo is also the best winger at the club and I’d rather see him playing in the position occupied by either AEG or Trezeguet.

I think both McGinn and Jack are struggling to pick up the pace and power of the prem and need to pick up on their performances.
Once they do though I think we will see a big improvement in the results.

I’m glad we have for these two ‘firsts’ out of the way.

I
Taylor had a very good game as he did last week. Almost scored too.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »
how that Billing stayed on the pitch .

That ref was absolute crap.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2019, 06:52:12 PM »
I’m pretty despondent after that game; we gifted them two early goals and struggled to create much throughout the 90 minutes. Bournemouth had half the first team missing and looked pretty comfortable holding onto the lead. We looked ponderous up front and it is these type of games where we need to get points at home to give us a chance of remaining in the league. Today’s game reminded me how the so called best refs are still shit and watching Bournemouth diving around and time wasting constantly makes it doubly frustrating.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »
Villa Park was great today. Went early and spent some time in the family fun zone. New signage is excellent and oh the ST cards didn’t work had to queue up for paper tickets but other than that it’s just the result that was disappointing.
Despite the horror show in the first 12 minutes we should have won this game. We were wasteful and naive. Need to grow up fast to survive.

With ya, mate. I've had a brilliant day, all told, despite customer service and stepover and sleepy goalkeeper issues.

Any update on the cob/bap matter?

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Betteh Thread
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2019, 07:00:30 PM »
Apart from the goals, both of which were our own fault, Heaton didn't have much to do. We were the better side, especially in the second half.

The only concern I have is that we don't have a natural goalscorer. Tammy used to get in the right positions time and again throughout games. We haven't replaced him and there has to be a question mark over where the goals are going to come from.

We need Wesley to 'do a Benteke' sooner rather than later.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2019, 07:01:23 PM »
We are already under big pressure.  Same as 2015 no one to score the goals.  Assuming we lose 12 games against the so called top six we have 25 games after today to get 35-40 points.  Going to be a long hard season.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:09 PM »
We are already under big pressure.  Same as 2015 no one to score the goals.  Assuming we lose 12 games against the so called top six we have 25 games after today to get 35-40 points.  Going to be a long hard season.

Get a grip of yourself ffs.  You were the same last season after Bristol City won a game in the last minute on a day when we weren't even playing.  How did that result affect the league table?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2019, 07:07:15 PM »
I’m being told off.  I’m gonna cry now.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2019, 07:07:33 PM »
No need to panic after that, we will take time to gel. Second half was much better.

Slight concern over Wesley. Wins nothing in the air despite being extremely tail, easily knocked off the ball and his body language at times is a little annoying.

Awful errors for their goals but Luiz grew into the game very well and his goal was magnificent.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2019, 07:08:38 PM »
I’m being told off.  I’m gonna cry now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal