collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread  (Read 34220 times)

Offline itmustbe_it is!

Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:11 PM »
On Villa Park food offerings the boys enjoyed Guru Spice in the upper Witton End and despite looking hard I did not spot  any cobs on menu.  As for the other it was a lovely warm day😊

I liked the new Pale Ale

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:14 PM »
I thought it was more that Bournemouth were really professional in how they ran the clock down, they did it pretty much perfectly. The bastards.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2019, 07:45:16 PM »
We put in a decent performance today and Bournemouth should have had a man sent off. By my reckoning he committed three yellow card offences and stayed on the pitch. It looks like sticking the ball in the net might prove to be our problem.

I see 'Super Scotty Hogan' scored for Stoke today.  ;)

Tommo on Soccer Saturday was saying the same thing about Billing

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
Not quite sure why our full backs are coming in for any criticism.
Of all of our longer serving players, both Elmo and Taylor have stepped up massively.
I go so far as to say that Elmo is also the best winger at the club and I’d rather see him playing in the position occupied by either AEG or Trezeguet.

I think both McGinn and Jack are struggling to pick up the pace and power of the prem and need to pick up on their performances.
Once they do though I think we will see a big improvement in the results.

I’m glad we have for these two ‘firsts’ out of the way.

I

I rate Trezeguet. He’s strong on the ball and always wants to go forward. I like his confidence and think he’ll adapt to this league quickly. Not really sure what you mean about McGinn.. I thought he might’ve been the best player out there today. At certain points I felt like he had the team on his back.

I think Trezeguet is so one sided that he is very predictable as a winger. His left foot is for standing on only. El Ghazi has been very poor first two games and I had high hopes for him. Our front three havent been much of a threat thus far and we dont have many alternatives either.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2019, 07:47:35 PM »
That little thing McGinn does sticking his backside out to protect the ball wasn't working today did anyone notice, Bournemouth players were going to the side of him and nicking the ball, you think all Premier League clubs have cottoned on to it?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2019, 07:48:30 PM »
The likes of Preston were considerably shittier in their timewasting. I didn't see anything today to really moan about on that front. We needed to be better in possession towards the end.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »
Just home.  Very disappointing.  Our good players from last year generally played well enough to win the game.  Jack, John, Tyrone and Taylor.  All the newcomers seemed to be blown away for the first 15 minutes by the pace, the intensity and time wasting/cheating in the Premiership.  No such excuse for our goalkeeper but for a player of his age and experience he should not have been the quivering jelly he was for the first 15 minutes.  And Wesley looks like a poor man's Christian Benteke.  Long hard road ahead lads and lasses.  I think not getting a quality finisher in the window is going to come back and haunt us.

Online brontebilly

« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
The poor crossing from our full backs is costing a lot of effort and no result

its part of the problem, but Wesley's movement isnt good enough either, in comparison to Tammy for example

we could do with either Grealish or McGinn getting into the box more often too

Offline wince

« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »
I’m still having those beers that started with the poor brew joke and hoping we actually win or draw soon. If not then....well beer is the question and answer. Just think yourselves lucky you weren’t subject to the radio wm  wankathon over blues being destroyed but there are positive shoots of recovery coupled with our implosion and how shit we are.  If you were there today it was better than the bbc local radio....

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2019, 08:00:56 PM »
It's shit getting beat but I didn't feel that we were out of our depth at any point. I agree with Dean regarding the ref but he should keep his countenance for now. We made some silly mistakes, cut them out and we should be ok but anyone who thought that this would be a cakewalk has had a rude awakening.

Agree, Nev. If you look at the first half, we more than matched them. Second half we pretty much dominated but as you say, it's shit getting beat. I'm sulking like a right sulky bastard.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2019, 08:02:41 PM »
Just home.  Very disappointing.  Our good players from last year generally played well enough to win the game.  Jack, John, Tyrone and Taylor.  All the newcomers seemed to be blown away for the first 15 minutes by the pace, the intensity and time wasting/cheating in the Premiership.  No such excuse for our goalkeeper but for a player of his age and experience he should not have been the quivering jelly he was for the first 15 minutes.  And Wesley looks like a poor man's Christian Benteke.  Long hard road ahead lads and lasses.  I think not getting a quality finisher in the window is going to come back and haunt us.

Did the spit and polish job at VP lift your spirits at all, Brian?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »
Highlights

Ooh, didn't think Sky did these little mini-highlights clips for the Prem. They were the basis of most of my Villa footage last season in the Ch'ship.
Must affect MOTD ratings?

Anyway, what an absolute bar-cracking-top-corner peach from Luiz. Can't remember too many better than than at VP in recent years (McGinn, Gil(?)...).

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2019, 08:08:54 PM »
Not much Eamonn.  I think I am going mad.  All I noticed about VP was that the grass did not look as green as it usually does for the first game.  Perhaps they have cut it very short to assist our slick passing game. 

Online brontebilly

« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2019, 08:09:03 PM »

Agreed on Heaton, that error was as bad as anything Nyland ever did in a Villa shirt, A few minutes into his home debut.

Benteke looked hopeless in first few Villa appearances too, but our front three look miles out of their depth thus far.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2019, 08:11:49 PM »
The only good thing is that after three years of Championship teams time wasting, feigning injury and other Tony Pulis favourites, we won't see any of that again.

Ahem.

Yep, Bournemouth smashed us with pacey, slick football in the first half, and then miraculously turned into QPR for the second.

Some of their tactics were absolutely pathetic. The lad who changed his shirt and had no number on the back was an absolute joke. Fitting he finished the game on his arse.

Pleased the majority of us stayed and applauded at the end. We didn't cave in, we gave it a go in the second half. Clearly there's loads to learn, but no panic needed today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal