collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161309 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #945 on: May 12, 2022, 07:01:35 AM »
I really like Nakamba, there is a decent footballer in there.
But let’s not forget the previous 2.5 yers where he has been in and mostly out of the side.
I don’t think he’s the permanent answer to our DCM problem.

But, Gerrard wants at least 2 top players for each position.
I’d love to see us bring Bissouma in as our first choice with Marv as his backup.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #946 on: May 12, 2022, 07:30:46 AM »
A good squad player. I’d like us to bring in a DM that can successfully pass the ball. We struggle with that from our midfield. Too many misplaced passes.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #947 on: May 12, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »
I agree. His first start in months against arguably the best team in the world. I thought he did really well.

He did. He's always moving, hunting the ball down. Luiz, by comparison, just shuffles about, watches it and tires to block or intercept (and often gives silly fouls away 20-25 yards out.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #948 on: May 12, 2022, 02:16:47 PM »
I agree. His first start in months against arguably the best team in the world. I thought he did really well.

He did. He's always moving, hunting the ball down. Luiz, by comparison, just shuffles about, watches it and tires to block or intercept (and often gives silly fouls away 20-25 yards out.

I think he's improved this season becuase he does run around as much as he was before. He struggled, and was written off by many (me included) because he couldn't pass and he didn't make us much better defensively to make up for it, this year he's playing with a lot more positional discipline and is much better for it.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #949 on: May 12, 2022, 11:57:25 PM »
The fact that we look better with a proper DM shows how valuable the position is to the way Gerrard wants us to play. Nakamba has done very well for us but in truth he should be no more than the back up DM. We need to get ourselves a really good one.

100% agree.  Marv fine as back up, but we need a better version of him in the starting XI.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #950 on: May 15, 2022, 03:25:51 PM »
Naka as he's called really isn't up to standard giving ball away needlessly time and again in matches.
McGinn and Ramsey say he's the slowest in the squad.
Glad he was subbed

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #951 on: May 15, 2022, 03:55:36 PM »
Utterly useless, both him and Luiz.  They need replacing over the summer if we want to progress.  Gives the ball away far too often, although he gets a foot in too.  However, just not good enough.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #952 on: May 15, 2022, 03:57:03 PM »
Great player

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #953 on: May 15, 2022, 04:00:15 PM »
Our best player today.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #954 on: May 15, 2022, 04:00:32 PM »
Sometimes he is neat and tidy.
Sometimes he is utterly rubbish. 

Offline KRS

« Reply #955 on: May 15, 2022, 04:03:44 PM »
Literally stealing a living as a professional footballer. I expect players to be at least be able to find a team mate with a simple pass or not give away the ball away in dangerous positions, but he’s guilty of this more often than not and puts unnecessary pressure on our defence time and time again. Simply not good enough. Get rid.

And that’s not “baiting” or “hounding”…it’s just my honest opinion on him.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #956 on: May 15, 2022, 04:06:33 PM »
Literally stealing a living as a professional footballer. I expect players to be at least be able to find a team mate with a simple pass or not give away the ball away in dangerous positions, but he’s guilty of this more often than not and puts unnecessary pressure on our defence time and time again. Simply not good enough. Get rid.

It's hyperbolic nonsense."Stealing a living"??
So you don't fancy him, but the vitriol seeps from the words.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #957 on: May 15, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »
He’s part of the problem that out midfield isn’t very good at anything. Bang average at best.

Offline KRS

« Reply #958 on: May 15, 2022, 04:28:19 PM »

We’re both entitled to our opinions and they clearly differ. From your comments today, it’s quite clear that you do fancy him. “Vitriol” is hyperbolic nonsense but if you think it seeps from my words then that’s because I say it as I see it, and call out a turd when I see a turd. On the other hand, you think he was the “pick of the midfield by a country mile” and I would say that “delusion” seeps from your words.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #959 on: May 15, 2022, 04:35:00 PM »

We’re both entitled to our opinions and they clearly differ. From your comments today, it’s quite clear that you do fancy him. “Vitriol” is hyperbolic nonsense but if you think it seeps from my words then that’s because I say it as I see it, and call out a turd when I see a turd. On the other hand, you think he was the “pick of the midfield by a country mile” and I would say that “delusion” seeps from your words.

A neutral perspective if I may.  Moving forward, we need better.  He's a midtable player who has served us well enough but now we need better quality across the whole midfield. Including Nakamba.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal