collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161250 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #960 on: May 15, 2022, 04:42:36 PM »
Poor Morgan Sanson. What does he have to do to get a look-in? Presumably at this stage a move back to France has already been agreed.

He probably has voodoo dolls of Luiz and McGinn in his 6th bedroom, presumably Naka will be added soon.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #961 on: May 15, 2022, 05:02:51 PM »
Literally stealing a living as a professional footballer. I expect players to be at least be able to find a team mate with a simple pass or not give away the ball away in dangerous positions, but he’s guilty of this more often than not and puts unnecessary pressure on our defence time and time again. Simply not good enough. Get rid.

And that’s not “baiting” or “hounding”…it’s just my honest opinion on him.
It's hyperbolic nonsense."Stealing a living"??
So you don't fancy him, but the vitriol seeps from the words.
We’re both entitled to our opinions and they clearly differ. From your comments today, it’s quite clear that you do fancy him. “Vitriol” is hyperbolic nonsense but if you think it seeps from my words then that’s because I say it as I see it, and call out a turd when I see a turd. On the other hand, you think he was the “pick of the midfield by a country mile” and I would say that “delusion” seeps from your words.

A neutral perspective if I may.  Moving forward, we need better.  He's a midtable player who has served us well enough but now we need better quality across the whole midfield. Including Nakamba.

S67 is a good voice of reason and I personally find he writes here with good sense and fairness. He explains well what many think and likely what Gerrard thinks and in all these exchanges I think he nails the sentiment regards Naka not being in our midfield next season.

Up the Villa!

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #962 on: May 15, 2022, 05:11:28 PM »
A neutral perspective if I may.  Moving forward, we need better.  He's a midtable player who has served us well enough but now we need better quality across the whole midfield. Including Nakamba.

S67 is a good voice of reason and I personally find he writes here with good sense and fairness.

That's why we call him 'Woodrow Wyatt' and I agree with him on this.

Offline colin69

« Reply #963 on: May 15, 2022, 05:12:22 PM »
Thought he played quite well but did start giving the ball away shortly before being subbed. Certainly played better than Luiz imo.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #964 on: May 16, 2022, 11:57:15 AM »
Nakamba makes us better when he plays. Which means when we get in a similar player of a higher calibre we should be better again.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #965 on: May 16, 2022, 12:33:53 PM »
Literally stealing a living as a professional footballer. I expect players to be at least be able to find a team mate with a simple pass or not give away the ball away in dangerous positions, but he’s guilty of this more often than not and puts unnecessary pressure on our defence time and time again. Simply not good enough. Get rid.

At the ground yesterday I would rate his passing stats as the best in the team. I’m sure some statto will correct me but that’s how it looked to me. Just my honest opinion based on my observations on the day.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #966 on: May 16, 2022, 12:35:29 PM »
I think he gave the ball away once.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #967 on: May 16, 2022, 12:49:00 PM »

According to Whoscored, our loss of possession stats were as follows:

Marv - 1
McGinn - 5
Luiz - 4
Ings - 4

The only thing with Marv was that it was in a dangerous area on the edge of the area. Other than that he pretty much did his job. The other midfielders, not so much.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #968 on: May 16, 2022, 01:31:22 PM »
There was at least a couple of occasions when I'd have put money on him losing it like he used to once he'd won it, but he strode away with it into a little bit of space he made for himself and laid it off. That's an aspect of his game he's worked on and massively improved.

Nakamba was a long way from being the problem with our midfield yesterday. We were too deep the entire game. What's the point of having Coutinho in your side if he's having to drop onto your centre-halves to get the ball? There'd be one if your midfield pushed up to your forwards, but they didn't. They just sat in a line 15 yards in front of the back four like puddings.

Nah, the blokes in the 6 & 7 shirts have way more to answer for yesterday than Nakamba.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #969 on: May 16, 2022, 01:36:52 PM »
Marv is ok.  It's his second game back after a 5 month lay off, it's a lot to ask for him to hit the ground running and play 2 games in 5 days.

But lets not forget he was never that good in the first place.  A lot of hope was placed on him after a handful of decent games when Gerrard first joined, but he hadn't been good enough for two seasons to hold down a place it what most of us have considered to be our most problem position for some time.  It's a lot to expect for him to go from Luiz's DM understudy to prime Kante.

I quite like him, he's a decent squad player.  His better performances have shown just what we're missing and what we could be (and should have been if the recruitment team had done their job in the last 3-4 windows).  But he's not the answer.  I'd like us to get two quality players in who can play a lone DM or double pivot role to give us depth and tactical options going forward.  Philips and B Kamara or  Bissouma would do me.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #970 on: May 16, 2022, 02:50:13 PM »
So many Nakamba knockers during the match thread. I was a lone supporter

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #971 on: May 16, 2022, 03:01:47 PM »

According to Whoscored, our loss of possession stats were as follows:

Marv - 1
McGinn - 5
Luiz - 4
Ings - 4

The only thing with Marv was that it was in a dangerous area on the edge of the area. Other than that he pretty much did his job. The other midfielders, not so much.

Our midfield just didn't click this weekend.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #972 on: May 16, 2022, 03:10:08 PM »
It was flat. We seem to allow opponents so much space and time to play through us, whilst being pressed and closed down ourselves. The shape improved with Ramsey and Buendia filling the gaps a bit more.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #973 on: May 16, 2022, 03:12:15 PM »
How many seasons has the DM conundrum being going for now? It's glaringly obvious that a top DM has been needed. Smith should've addressed it last summer. SG tried in January but the right player wasn't available unless you paid silly money. This summer is absolutely vital get that player......

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #974 on: May 16, 2022, 03:19:19 PM »

At the ground yesterday I would rate his passing stats as the best in the team. I’m sure some statto will correct me but that’s how it looked to me. Just my honest opinion based on my observations on the day.
Marv was the only Villa midfielder doing his job properly yesterday.
Let down a little by those around him not doing theirs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal