collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161340 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2021, 01:04:38 PM »
The biggest problem yesterday was that he seemed to keep roaming too far forward and not sitting, leaving us exposed. The full backs we’re doing it too, especially Cash.

Exactly this. He's nearly a really good player, but he has all too human lapses of concentration/technique. We need a superhuman, in that position in particular.

I don't agree that Nakamba is nearly really good. He's barely adequate and looks distinctly Championship standard. I do agree about the superhuman midfielder being needed though. Get somebody brilliant in that position and it really does make a huge difference all over the pitch.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2021, 01:21:57 PM »
The biggest problem yesterday was that he seemed to keep roaming too far forward and not sitting, leaving us exposed. The full backs we’re doing it too, especially Cash.

Exactly this. He's nearly a really good player, but he has all too human lapses of concentration/technique. We need a superhuman, in that position in particular.

I don't agree that Nakamba is nearly really good. He's barely adequate and looks distinctly Championship standard. I do agree about the superhuman midfielder being needed though. Get somebody brilliant in that position and it really does make a huge difference all over the pitch.

I disagree with your disagreement! He did some good things yesterday - his run and through ball to Ings was sublime, for example, and he was one of the few players in that abysmal first half who kept showing up. But you never really feel like you can trust him for 90 minutes.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2021, 02:36:46 PM »
He can be brilliant but he's inconsistent.

I'm sure that Smith, Lange et al can see it but want the right man in to that space. There aren't a lot of them around right now.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #633 on: August 25, 2021, 06:46:15 AM »
Labouring the point, I know but was it Marvelous who misplaced a square pass just 5 minutes into the second half causing Steer's only serious save? They only replayed the save.

A better team than Barrow would have punished that.

Really got to cut it out or it will cost us vital PL points.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #634 on: August 25, 2021, 06:58:11 AM »
For me he was the only player who disappointed. His passing was woeful at times. I have massive concerns that if luiz gets injured nakamba would be the replacement.

If Everton runours are true id happily let him go if we get a replacement in

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #635 on: August 25, 2021, 07:00:44 AM »
Labouring the point, I know but was it Marvelous who misplaced a square pass just 5 minutes into the second half causing Steer's only serious save? They only replayed the save.

A better team than Barrow would have punished that.

Really got to cut it out or it will cost us vital PL points.

No, that was Hourihane.

Offline KRS

« Reply #636 on: August 25, 2021, 07:30:17 AM »
I’m afraid he’s simply not good enough at this level or the level we want to get to. I’d much rather one of the youth lads learn their trade in the first team than Nakamba stealing a living as a footballer (may be a slight exaggeration but he’s shit).

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #637 on: August 25, 2021, 08:20:45 AM »
I’m afraid he’s simply not good enough at this level or the level we want to get to. I’d much rather one of the youth lads learn their trade in the first team than Nakamba stealing a living as a footballer (may be a slight exaggeration but he’s shit).
Lindley has been excellent for the youf as a DMF, I believe. Not sure he's quite up to it yet, though.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #638 on: August 25, 2021, 08:42:23 AM »
All of the youngsters looked more comfortable on the ball than him last night. He's got useful qualities in terms of winning the ball, but he never looks truly at home in possession. As I've seen said here before, he's better when we're playing better sides and role is simplified to just stopping the opposition.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #639 on: August 25, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »
Yeah, people moan that we need someone to break up play. Nakamba does that better than any of our other players and gets moaned at for not being Lothar Matthaus in possession. He still has an important role to play this season and, unless we bring at least one player in, I'd be reluctant to let him leave.

Offline KRS

« Reply #640 on: August 25, 2021, 09:38:47 AM »
When your first touch is to win the ball back but your second is to misplace your pass and give it back to them an an even worse position (consistently and repeatedly) then his role isn’t of much significance. We need to 2 more in midfield so we have options alongside Luiz…Nakamba shouldn’t be one of them.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #641 on: August 25, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
Teams immediately above us last season had the likes of Philips and Rice playing as DM for them. Nakamba is miles off that quality. If we want to improve, that's the gap we need to narrow. Players with massive deficiencies aren't going to help us break into the top 8/6.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #642 on: August 25, 2021, 10:27:55 AM »
All of the youngsters looked more comfortable on the ball than him last night. He's got useful qualities in terms of winning the ball, but he never looks truly at home in possession. As I've seen said here before, he's better when we're playing better sides and role is simplified to just stopping the opposition.

perhaps he saw his role as a more senior member of the team and did not have the same confidence in his younger teammates as he has in his more experienced ones. This meant he was falling between two stools.
When he does the simple stuff he does it ok, not so much when it's a bit more complex.
He will now realise that the kids have the skills and potential and that he can get on with doing the things he knows best.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #643 on: August 25, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »
Lindley has been excellent for the youf as a DMF, I believe. Not sure he's quite up to it yet, though.

Yes but he needs to develop physically, reminds me of a very young Sid

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #644 on: August 25, 2021, 10:38:47 AM »
He's just not good enough, either as a starter or as back up, for where we want to be. The players who do start in the DCM positions, aren't really good enough at it as it's not their natural game, so to repeat a common comment on here, we need a new midfielder.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal