collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161397 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #660 on: September 19, 2021, 02:18:53 PM »
Teams immediately above us last season had the likes of Philips and Rice playing as DM for them. Nakamba is miles off that quality. If we want to improve, that's the gap we need to narrow. Players with massive deficiencies aren't going to help us break into the top 8/6.

Only one team has Phillips and Rice playing for them, probably the best pairing in the league. Who do West Ham have as backup? That's the comparison. I doubt it is anyone significantly better than our Marv. He's good enough for a squad place.

Phillips plays for Leeds mate...

Meh, Leeds, England. Similar kits.

Both followed by an inordinate number of arseholes.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #661 on: September 19, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »
Different time, 2019. We needed players, and tbf he didn't look too shabby in his first two or three appearances. But he's not kept pace with our progression, we've left him behind a bit.

I wish to change my mind, if I may, please. Certainly as at worst a backup, he's it, until he's dead or we find someone better. Once again we didn't concede whilst he's on the pitch. Moved the ball well, and he seems to have completely cut out that trait he once had of giving away free kicks around our box.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #662 on: September 19, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »
By my count that's now three games this season he's looked a different player compared to last, the most positive thing now he's quickly moving the ball on. Losing SJM yesterday had me very worried but Nakamba came on and was indeed marvelous.
Only real concern was at least once he wanted to drift forward, not that I blame him but I'd much prefer he sticks to what he's good at and frees up Luiz and Ramsey to do the same.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #663 on: September 19, 2021, 05:05:32 PM »
He's fine in these type of games when he comes on and we need to protect the league.

Games like Watford on opening day he was dreadful.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #664 on: September 19, 2021, 05:12:14 PM »
He's fine in these type of games when he comes on and we need to protect the league.

He wasn't alone. Watford was a shambles all over the pitch. Plus, he didn't come on yesterday to protect a lead, he came on and helped us dominate the midfield. You'll get there in the end, SHQ. ;)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #665 on: September 19, 2021, 05:18:14 PM »

He wasn't alone. Watford was a shambles all over the pitch. Plus, he didn't come on yesterday to protect a lead, he came on and helped us dominate the midfield. You'll get there in the end, SHQ. ;)

Indeed I thought we made the sub at 1-0! Lose track with all the drama of that ten minutes.

I'm not a huge fan but would be wrong to say he dosen't have good games as he did second half of last season. He's a good squad player but no more than that.

Interesting what club do as he has 18 months left on his deal and we obviously have some very promising CMs coming through and wanted to sign another in the summer.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #666 on: September 19, 2021, 05:25:56 PM »
I think Dean has had a word in his ear about moving the ball on quicker, not to complicate things and Marvelous is repaying that faith with improved performances. Horses for courses, we'll need him over the season if he maintains his current level.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #667 on: September 19, 2021, 06:53:05 PM »
Well we bid for him got turned down and downgraded to Nakamba. I'm not sure who scouted him but file him under Wesley and shit.
Feeling lucky, punk?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #668 on: September 19, 2021, 07:01:14 PM »

Assuming you mean lead, rather than league, we had no lead to protect when he came on yesterday.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #669 on: September 19, 2021, 07:07:14 PM »
I think Dean has had a word in his ear about moving the ball on quicker, not to complicate things and Marvelous is repaying that faith with improved performances. Horses for courses, we'll need him over the season if he maintains his current level.

Or, as Smith, Shakespeare et al probably like to refer to it as, coached him. Probably falls under the coaching part of a coach's remit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #670 on: September 19, 2021, 07:12:22 PM »
I'm not sure why, but I think he suits coming on as a sub more than being a starter, for the most part.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #671 on: September 19, 2021, 09:59:28 PM »
Nakamba was rubbish against Watford but so was most of the team, we simply were not prepared for that match. Yesterday he was excellent and I think he has a big part to play for us this season.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #672 on: September 20, 2021, 07:49:04 AM »

Assuming you mean lead, rather than league, we had no lead to protect when he came on yesterday.
Think you've answered your own question. It can't be the lead he was protecting, since we didn't have one. Therefore, it was written as intended, SHQ has some inside info that he's let slip and knew that the 3pts against Everton was needed for the glorious day at the end of May, when Joe gets to see us lift the league title at the Emptihad after an emphatic 7(SEVEN)-0 victory, where he gets subbed on and subbed off again.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #673 on: September 20, 2021, 10:57:26 AM »
I think Nakamba's improvement is further proof as to just how shit 4-2-3-1 is. Nobody looks good in it, nobody.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #674 on: September 20, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »

Think you've answered your own question. It can't be the lead he was protecting, since we didn't have one. Therefore, it was written as intended, SHQ has some inside info that he's let slip and knew that the 3pts against Everton was needed for the glorious day at the end of May, when Joe gets to see us lift the league title at the Emptihad after an emphatic 7(SEVEN)-0 victory, where he gets subbed on and subbed off again.

That does indeed make the most sense now that I've thought about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal