collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by paul_e
[Today at 11:53:33 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161251 times)

Offline Dazvillain

Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2019, 06:13:58 PM »
I actually think Hourihane and Lansbury should be playing bigger roles than they currently are too.
Agree, give jack a rest he thinks he’s got too much to prove. I don’t think Deano has balls to drop him or SJM to be honest but it needs to be done or take both wingers out and put jack wide.
Marvellous, Luiz, Connor plus Lansbury need more chance than just cup games.
Engels started well but he needs sharpening up now too so he needs dropping for Burnley too, poss replace with konsa

Some prima donnas need dropping now !

Seriously?

I imagine Smith plays Jack rather than Hourihane or Lansbury because he is a significantly better player.
Engels has been excellent bar his mistake against Arsenal for the penalty. He should absolutely start against Burnley.

I’m not sure I would class  a single one of our players as prima donnas.
Purely based on they’re getting paid decent wages and a player comes out from dressing g room to say there’s a lack of belief !? And rightly so Dean always says he thinks he can win every game or there’s no point....clearly a disparity between players and boss’ in just  a few games in disappoints me about my club.
I’ll still be there at the weekend though

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »
And in fairness to marvellous let’s get back to topic, sorry

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2019, 08:15:42 PM »
I know this is getting a bit off topic but I would have probably just put Jack and SJM into wide positions when we needed some fresh legs in the centre of the pitch. Hourihane's and Lansbury's experience and fresh legs may have helped in the last half hour rather just giving them 10 minutes or whatever it was.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »
Marvelous was great yesterday.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2019, 10:57:45 PM »
Agree but somewhat surprised.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2019, 11:43:14 PM »
I know this is getting a bit off topic but I would have probably just put Jack and SJM into wide positions when we needed some fresh legs in the centre of the pitch. Hourihane's and Lansbury's experience and fresh legs may have helped in the last half hour rather just giving them 10 minutes or whatever it was.

On Sunday I'd have done exactly this, Take both wingers off, Bring on Houri and Lansbury and push Jack and John higher to really press on the back 4 and Xhaka, I'd have swapped Wesley for Davis as well, again, for the extra energy and pressing.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2019, 11:56:21 PM »

On Sunday I'd have done exactly this, Take both wingers off, Bring on Houri and Lansbury and push Jack and John higher to really press on the back 4 and Xhaka, I'd have swapped Wesley for Davis as well, again, for the extra energy and pressing.
Yep

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2019, 06:55:18 AM »
Thought keeping Marvelous in the starting eleven was a big call, to be honest.  Was a very big game for his second ever appearance in the Premier League, but fair play to the lad he’s took his chance really well.

Feel a bit sorry for Luis, but then that’s the modern squad system and it’s up to him now to go out and prove he’s the better option.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2019, 11:48:38 AM »
Yep, i'm in the fuck the wingers off, play a 4-5-1 with more of a free role for 3 attacking midfielders and see how we go with that. We need to be able to keep hold of the ball better, it will help in that regard, and lets face it, the wide players were pretty much crap all of last season and remain so this season.
Nakamba, Douglas, Hourahane, McGinn and Grealish.

Offline OCD

« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2019, 01:20:21 PM »
I don't think paul_e or I are completely writing the wingers off, we're just saying that with the context of Sunday's game that would have been a good change to make when we were starting to lose our shape and not retaining the ball well. You're still getting the benefit of Jack and John and giving them the license to get forward more and to have pushed Arsenal back and they may have been able to finish them off. Having Hourihane on the pitch would have helped with set pieces also.

Changing Wesley for Davis would have been an option but the way they were giving the ball away, you could have had Drogba at his best up top and we would have struggled to hold the ball up.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »
I wouldn't blame you if you were. We are getting nothing back from them at the moment, they're not creating, they're not getting to the byline and stretching the opposition, they're losing the ball constantly which keeps coming back down the field putting pressure on the rest of the team and they're too far away from Wesley for effective link up play which he's absolutely capable of. If we keep playing this way with the wingers putting in that level of performance we're going to be in trouble.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2019, 04:24:14 PM »
I really like Marvelous he's a going to be a really top player.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #282 on: September 24, 2019, 07:41:28 PM »
I'm definitely not writing them off, I thought Trez played really well on Sunday and whilst AEG wasn't great he did put a good ball in for the first goal. His issue is that he takes too many touches and looks indecisive, if he trusted his ability more he'd be a much bigger threat.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2019, 08:15:57 AM »

I think so too.
I also think we will used as a stepping stone again, also

Offline OCD

« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2019, 01:02:07 PM »

I think so too.
I also think we will used as a stepping stone again, also

I don't have a problem with that if we get £30-40m for him and then get the next one in for about £10m. It's often the recruitment side that we've not been good enough at in the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal