collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149744 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #870 on: April 05, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »
I don't think you look stupid. All three of Trez, El Ghazi and Traore are capable of good moments. Unfortunately, the evidence so far is that all of them have many more bad games than good, and none of them are consistent enough.

Traore definitely has more good than bad games. And even when he isn't at his best, he still always looks capable of producing something special. As he did yesterday for our second goal having spent many of the preceding minutes rolling around.

I think you're being a little harsh on AEG and Trez, too.

If you want a "consistent" winger at Premier League level you're talking about £100 million. We haven't been at that level, yet. Hopefully we will be before too long.

As an aside, if anyone from the club's merchandising department is reading this, I'd like to buy some of those Burkina Faso wristbands, please.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #871 on: April 05, 2021, 02:24:42 PM »
I love a sweat band , ala Peter withe Allan evans

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #872 on: April 05, 2021, 02:28:07 PM »
No-one looks stupid for having criticised Trez's ineptitude prior to yesterday.  The criticism was justified, just as it has been for the recent dross served up by AEG and Traore despite their better form earlier in the season.  It's those going all "Steve Bruce some people think I don't know what I'm doing after beating Rotherham" and "Alec McLeish fist pump after drawing with Wigan", as if one game proves them right, who are making themselves look a bit daft.

One poster suggested they felt a bit stupid, nobody called them stupid, and I don't see anybody banging a drum for Trez and calling out naysayers.

In the fact, the only person I can remember looking stupid all weekend on this subject was the person on the match thread that mocked other supporters appreciation of Trez's work ethic just before he came on.

I never said anyone called anyone else stupid, I was responding to the poster who said he must look a bit stupid now - so not sure what you are banging on about.  And there's at least one person banging a giant drum for Trez, not necessarilly on this thread.  Maybe you've missed it.

He doesn't count as he's a serial, name changing, pillock of a troll. Your notes in bold above appeared to cast the accusation wider.

And you did look stupid in the match thread, your post read to me like you're slightly annoyed at having been proven spectacularly wrong on that occasion.

So after rather haughtily (and wrongly) accusing me of saying people were calling others stupid, you then go and actually tell me I looked stupid.  Marvellous stuff. 

Consider this - by saying I looked stupid and was proved "spectacularly wrong", aren't you aligning yourself with said gloating troll -  as if Trez is suddenly the rebirth of Thierry Henry, and most of us were too dumb to realise it?

So you was just referring to the one poster then in your original comments? Gotcha.

To clarify this, I read your comments before the sub on the match thread and thought it was harsh, then subsequently amusing. No bother.

But your post in reply to the poster that felt a little foolish looks like an exercise in self justification for yesterday.

Never mind, next time maybe be more specific as to who 'those' people are.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #873 on: April 05, 2021, 02:38:51 PM »

If you want a "consistent" winger at Premier League level you're talking about £100 million. We haven't been at that level, yet. Hopefully we will be before too long.

Eh? Name a winger in the Premier League who cost that.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #874 on: April 05, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »

So you was just referring to the one poster then in your original comments? Gotcha.

To clarify this, I read your comments before the sub on the match thread and thought it was harsh, then subsequently amusing. No bother.

But your post in reply to the poster that felt a little foolish looks like an exercise in self justification for yesterday.

For the record I don't think my comments on Trez need any justification, I stand by them 100%.  His record is what it is. 

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #875 on: April 05, 2021, 02:54:02 PM »
I don't think you look stupid. All three of Trez, El Ghazi and Traore are capable of good moments. Unfortunately, the evidence so far is that all of them have many more bad games than good, and none of them are consistent enough.

Traore definitely has more good than bad games. And even when he isn't at his best, he still always looks capable of producing something special. As he did yesterday for our second goal having spent many of the preceding minutes rolling around.

As an aside, if anyone from the club's merchandising department is reading this, I'd like to buy some of those Burkina Faso wristbands, please.
Jack Harrison and Raphina at Leeds are very good wingers, they probably cost nowhere near £100mil.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #876 on: April 05, 2021, 02:56:23 PM »
Trez has good work rate but anyone thinking his end product is any better than a couple of good games every ten are very generous.

Hopefully he can kick on and improve.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #877 on: April 05, 2021, 02:57:38 PM »

Eh? Name a winger in the Premier League who cost that.

Who would cost that... Sterling and Grealish. Can't think of too many more. Consistent wingers are very rare, as I said. Maybe Barnes? He might not be £100 million but would certainly cost more than we paid for Trezeguet, AEG and Traore, combined.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #878 on: April 05, 2021, 03:00:46 PM »

For the record I don't think my comments on Trez need any justification, I stand by them 100%.  His record is what it is.

If it helps I’ve got over feeling stupid 😊

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #879 on: April 05, 2021, 03:16:11 PM »

Jack Harrison and Raphina at Leeds are very good wingers, they probably cost nowhere near £100mil.

And we’re having a better season than Leeds.

It wouldn’t surprise me but I bet most teams at our level say the same things about their wingers and other players in the squad. It’s the nature of a team at our level. Bowen has been left out a fair few times lately by West Ham and they are pushing top four.

Wolves, have played Traore more often this season than last and he’s been far less effective this year.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #880 on: April 05, 2021, 03:26:53 PM »
Raphinha has the same number of goals as AEG from more games. Not that goals are the be all and end all, but he doesn't seem a massive upgrade on what we have based on those figures. I think if you want a player who is already significantly better than what we have (Grealish excepted), you would have to spend a fortune. Obviously you could always buy someone young and cheaper in the hope that he develops into that sort of quality but we don't always have the most patient fanbase.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #881 on: April 05, 2021, 03:30:51 PM »

If it helps I’ve got over feeling stupid 😊

I wish I could.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #882 on: April 05, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
Raphinha has the same number of goals as AEG from more games. Not that goals are the be all and end all, but he doesn't seem a massive upgrade on what we have based on those figures. I think if you want a player who is already significantly better than what we have (Grealish excepted), you would have to spend a fortune. Obviously you could always buy someone young and cheaper in the hope that he develops into that sort of quality but we don't always have the most patient fanbase.

Raphinha has 6 goals and 6 assists.
Trez has 2 goals and 1 assist
El Ghazi has 6 goals and 0 assists.

Raphinha then, is either scoring or setting up a goal 1 game in 2 on average. Which is much better than any of our wingers.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #883 on: April 05, 2021, 03:43:36 PM »
Trez, AEG and Traore have 13 goals between them for the season which is a decent return, there's plenty of teams where there wide players haven't hit those numbers and that's without Jack included.

Add to that the fact that they have to do a lot more defensive work than some and I don't think they've done badly at all. I think they suffer from 2 big problems, firstly they're being compared to Grealish, which isn't going to work out well for anyone and secondly they're in front of a midfield that just doesn't look right. We had a handful of games where Luiz behind McGinn and Barkley looked top 4 standard and we were batting teams aside for fun but then Barkley got injured and has never really come back from it and the balance isn't there any more.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #884 on: April 05, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »

Raphinha has 6 goals and 6 assists.
Trez has 2 goals and 1 assist
El Ghazi has 6 goals and 0 assists.

Raphinha then, is either scoring or setting up a goal 1 game in 2 on average. Which is much better than any of our wingers.

Except Jack.

How’s there second choice wingers fairing?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal