collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149607 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #855 on: April 05, 2021, 11:28:57 AM »
Trez and AEG get too much stick. Both have scored really important goals for us and I can see both improving. They aren't regular starters but they are good squad players. You have to factor in a few things in looking at them: last year was a big step up for both (not the only ones in our squad) and this year Trez has had injuries while AEG was absolutely on fire prior to our Covid outbreak. That break may have had more of an impact on the squad than we know.

AEG has scored more premier league goals for us than Stewart Downing, Milan Baros, Nobby Solano and Thomas Hitzlsperger

You've cherry picked your players there to make your point, but he's played more games than most of them, and as a forward. Downing and Solano were wingers for the most part in a 4-4-2, and Baros was crap and we only really got two half seasons out of him. Hitz was only ever good for a couple of 30 yard screamers a season, and not much else.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #856 on: April 05, 2021, 12:22:08 PM »
I’ve mentioned in the post match thread, that I’d said last week, I didn’t think Trez should start for us again, so probably look a bit stupid now.
Trez took his goals brilliantly yesterday, but my issue is this, with Grealish out, Smith just alternates between El Ghazi and Trez, with generally the player playing less shite getting a game, a bit of a race to the bottom.  So now against Liverpool it will in all likely hood be Trez who starts. Whatever confidence he gets from yesterday is great, buts it not going to turn him into a top left winger who can beat a man and cross a ball against good opposition.
Presuming Jack will still be out next week, I would still rather use Trez as an impact sub, who can press when the opposition are tiring. And I would love Smith to try something different with Ollie out wide and Davis up top.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #857 on: April 05, 2021, 12:26:31 PM »
I don't think you look stupid. All three of Trez, El Ghazi and Traore are capable of good moments. Unfortunately, the evidence so far is that all of them have many more bad games than good, and none of them are consistent enough.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #858 on: April 05, 2021, 12:29:56 PM »
Trez seemed to play angry yesterday. I'd be tempted to stick one of the Villa ladies in ahead of him or a young prospect from the U12s. Just for 10 minutes or so  :)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #859 on: April 05, 2021, 12:34:16 PM »
I watched him last season and thought like most he wasn't up to the standard required.

However, I feel that after the break his quality had improved, and from the start of this season I felt he'd really stepped up a level, the hard work was always there but he'd cut out the basic errors and was much more efficient with the ball. He was in the team on merit, and I think he gave the team good balance. I'd have said he was up with Targett in the first half of the season in terms of massive, unexpected improvement.

He'd looked a bit like the ropey player from last season after coming back, but given he was one of the ones infected by covid that's no surprise. He's a bit ungainly which is why people get on him a bit I feel, but he's effective and that's half the battle, we couldn't get a shot in yesterday for 75 mins yesterday, ten minutes after he came on he'd had 4 and we were 3-1 up.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #860 on: April 05, 2021, 12:36:52 PM »
No-one looks stupid for having criticised Trez's ineptitude prior to yesterday.  The criticism was justified, just as it has been for the recent dross served up by AEG and Traore despite their better form earlier in the season.  It's those going all "Steve Bruce some people think I don't know what I'm doing after beating Rotherham" and "Alec McLeish fist pump after drawing with Wigan", as if one game proves them right, who are making themselves look a bit daft.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #861 on: April 05, 2021, 12:44:27 PM »
No-one looks stupid for having criticised Trez's ineptitude prior to yesterday.  The criticism was justified, just as it has been for the recent dross served up by AEG and Traore despite their better form earlier in the season.  It's those going all "Steve Bruce some people think I don't know what I'm doing after beating Rotherham" and "Alec McLeish fist pump after drawing with Wigan", as if one game proves them right, who are making themselves look a bit daft.

One poster suggested they felt a bit stupid, nobody called them stupid, and I don't see anybody banging a drum for Trez and calling out naysayers.

In the fact, the only person I can remember looking stupid all weekend on this subject was the person on the match thread that mocked other supporters appreciation of Trez's work ethic just before he came on.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #862 on: April 05, 2021, 12:48:52 PM »
Who wouldn’t be happy for Trez yesterday? I would guess every single one of us were over the bloody moon. Suddenly the league table is much brighter and my mood went from down in the dumps to jumping around the living room all in a space of 12 minutes or so.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #863 on: April 05, 2021, 12:50:42 PM »

One poster suggested they felt a bit stupid, nobody called them stupid, and I don't see anybody banging a drum for Trez and calling out naysayers.

In the fact, the only person I can remember looking stupid all weekend on this subject was the person on the match thread that mocked other supporters appreciation of Trez's work ethic just before he came on.

I never said anyone called anyone else stupid, I was responding to the poster who said he must look a bit stupid now - so not sure what you are banging on about.  And there's at least one person banging a giant drum for Trez, not necessarilly on this thread.  Maybe you've missed it.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #864 on: April 05, 2021, 12:57:09 PM »
I’m Trez’s biggest critic.
But fair play to him for his goals yesterday. Great technique for both of them.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #865 on: April 05, 2021, 12:59:04 PM »

I never said anyone called anyone else stupid, I was responding to the poster who said he must look a bit stupid now - so not sure what you are banging on about.  And there's at least one person banging a giant drum for Trez, not necessarilly on this thread.  Maybe you've missed it.

He doesn't count as he's a serial, name changing, pillock of a troll. Your notes in bold above appeared to cast the accusation wider.

And you did look stupid in the match thread, your post read to me like you're slightly annoyed at having been proven spectacularly wrong on that occasion.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #866 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:54 PM »

He doesn't count as he's a serial, name changing, pillock of a troll. Your notes in bold above appeared to cast the accusation wider.

And you did look stupid in the match thread, your post read to me like you're slightly annoyed at having been proven spectacularly wrong on that occasion.

So after rather haughtily (and wrongly) accusing me of saying people were calling others stupid, you then go and actually tell me I looked stupid.  Marvellous stuff. 

Consider this - by saying I looked stupid and was proved "spectacularly wrong", aren't you aligning yourself with said gloating troll -  as if Trez is suddenly the rebirth of Thierry Henry, and most of us were too dumb to realise it?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #867 on: April 05, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
Can you please stop arguing. It's a bank holiday and the sun is shining. Thank you.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #868 on: April 05, 2021, 01:42:02 PM »
Can you please stop arguing. It's a bank holiday and the sun is shining. Thank you.

It's a bit nippy though.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #869 on: April 05, 2021, 02:06:08 PM »

It ain't shining here, we've had a snow flurry in the last hour and it's bloody cold!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal