collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 150348 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2020, 12:05:41 AM »
Getting into great goalscoring positions is a great skill to have. Much of it is pure instinct. If he had the finishing to go with it he’d be lining up for Bayern and not us. Fortunately for us he came through with some critical goals last year at the right time. Had he scored a couple of his chances this year we are top four at least if not top. He’s a very frustrating player because of his misses but also a good player to have for all of the other stuff he brings to the side. I’m sure the other players love his energy and work rate. So here’s hoping he finds his scoring boots soon because it will make a massive difference to where we could finish.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #676 on: December 05, 2020, 12:53:57 AM »
All that article shows is that there's definitely something to work with, learning composure is hard but he's a player where it might be worth the effort.

He comes across as the sort of player where everything will suddenly tick (whether it's for a few months or permanently is down to his attitude) and he'll score a shitload. Unfortunately I suspect he's a few years away from that still and he'll finish his career wishing he'd 'got' it a few years earlier.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2020, 09:41:39 AM »
Interesting to see Gabby have a pop at him, considering how badly his own goals dried up and how many one-on-ones he missed in his time.

I like TreZ a lot although I can understand why people might find him frustrating to watch. I don't think him going off the other night helped us to be honest as despite his finishing, he was still causing them problems. His lack of goals this season have been down to bad luck and very bad finishing.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »
Gabby needs to shut his mouth.  I don’t think he ran anywhere for the final three years of his existence at Villa.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »
Gabby is a bit of a rent a quote now, more gobby than he ever was a player. His interviews were always very much of the clichéd sort- "be bland, say nothing controversial, throw in as many y'knows as needed if you're struggling.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2020, 01:24:56 PM »
His run of goals at the end of last season showed he could do it. He's playing better this season and maybe just snatching at chances too much. If he can add some end product to his game he'll be a very valuable player for us and be very much loved. It's just frustrating for both him and us at the moment because our points tally would be a lot better if he was taking his chances.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »
He can’t keep missing sitters no matter how much he runs around.   

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #682 on: December 06, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »
He can’t keep missing sitters no matter how much he runs around.   

We don't have much in the way of options though.  El Ghazi isn't as good as him, and Traore is showing why the Lyon fans were mostly glad to see the back of him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #683 on: December 06, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »
Just watched his miss v West Ham again as I wasn't sure which foot he hit it with from close range and it was left foot scuffed finish. Same foot as the Brighton sitter.

Perhaps that's the problem as the Arsenal volley he scored with his right foot and pretty sure all his ghosting in at far post goals v likes of Liverpool and Palace last season were right foot finishes.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #684 on: December 06, 2020, 11:13:57 PM »
Just watched his miss v West Ham again as I wasn't sure which foot he hit it with from close range and it was left foot scuffed finish. Same foot as the Brighton sitter.

Perhaps that's the problem as the Arsenal volley he scored with his right foot and pretty sure all his ghosting in at far post goals v likes of Liverpool and Palace last season were right foot finishes.

The Leicester winner was with his left.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #685 on: December 07, 2020, 12:20:51 AM »

Yeah he came in from other side so wasn't sure which foot it was. Just surprising it seems he'd rather shoot with his left at key moments in last two games. Brighton chance he could've quickly shifted onto his right.

Can also remember him hitting the bar with rocket shot at Old Trafford around this time last year and that was a right foot shot so just seems to me the foot he can get more reliable finishes from.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #686 on: December 07, 2020, 01:51:15 PM »
Interesting to see Gabby have a pop at him, considering how badly his own goals dried up and how many one-on-ones he missed in his time.

That's expert punditry for you, he's at least speaking from experience.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #687 on: December 07, 2020, 11:04:20 PM »

That goal aside, he can barely kick the ball with his left foot. Watch him attempt to even cross the ball with it, it ain't pretty. Trez has actually improved a lot with his general performances this season but failing to score is knocking his confidence in front of goal. That miss at west ham was incredible really, as bad if not worse than the AEG one v Everton last season. Limited as he is, he continues to get into good positions. Won a penalty at west ham despite being very poor.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #688 on: December 16, 2020, 10:09:43 AM »
Out for "several weeks" with a hamstring injury picked up in training.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #689 on: December 16, 2020, 10:12:27 AM »
Out for "several weeks" with a hamstring injury picked up in training.
Gives Traore the perfect chance to play himself in properly.
We'll need a couple of decent additions,come January; IMO.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal