collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149886 times)

Online Tucson Villain

• GM : 21.01.2022
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #645 on: November 08, 2020, 09:43:32 PM »
He has been great. Fights for everything and works so hard.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #646 on: November 08, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
When were ahead he is so important, runs his bollocks off for the cause. Still maintain we need something different when chasimg a game.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #647 on: November 08, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »
I do like the opening paragraph of the Guardian report:

The pivotal period of this game, you felt, came around an hour in. Arsenal were knocking at the door in search of an equaliser. Crosses came and went. Chances whistled past either post. For a while, it felt like Aston Villa might have to settle in for a long and painful rearguard. At which point, they seemed to come to a crucial realisation. They were better than Arsenal. And so in a rampant, crushing climax, they set about proving it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/08/arsenal-aston-villa-premier-league-match-report

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #648 on: November 08, 2020, 10:20:17 PM »
Ah, i posted this in the wrong thread. Never mind. Anyway, my kids have friends in Egypt and whenever they are Skyping with them I always have to annoy them by shouting that Trezeguet is Egypt's best player.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #649 on: November 09, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
I do like the opening paragraph of the Guardian report:

The pivotal period of this game, you felt, came around an hour in. Arsenal were knocking at the door in search of an equaliser. Crosses came and went. Chances whistled past either post. For a while, it felt like Aston Villa might have to settle in for a long and painful rearguard. At which point, they seemed to come to a crucial realisation. They were better than Arsenal. And so in a rampant, crushing climax, they set about proving it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/08/arsenal-aston-villa-premier-league-match-report

Lovely stuff.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #650 on: November 09, 2020, 06:59:22 PM »
So a question on Trez’s reaction when the first goal went in. Everyone who came up to him to celebrate he looked a bit pissed off. Or in some pain. That’s until he saw Matty approach him and it was complete look of delight and joy. Is it just their happiness and love on display?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2020, 07:34:33 PM »
So a question on Trez’s reaction when the first goal went in. Everyone who came up to him to celebrate he looked a bit pissed off. Or in some pain. That’s until he saw Matty approach him and it was complete look of delight and joy. Is it just their happiness and love on display?

Obviously it's all amateur psychology (with the emphasis heavily on amateur) but if I had to guess - initial annoyance because he clearly really likes scoring goals, and he knew that he hadn't scored. Then a couple of seconds later, realising that it didn't really matter.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #652 on: November 09, 2020, 07:38:04 PM »
Think he can be added to the list of Konsa and Luiz who have really stepped up. Thought he played really well last night and Traore's going to find it hard to get into the team. Good understanding developing between Trez and Cash.

I never had any doubts about Konsa and Luiz, but I didn't think Trez would be this much better. If having Traore around has improved him, then that's Traore paid for already.

I have to admit, me neither. When I saw the shots of him having put on some timber before pre season, I feared the worst.

He’s absolutely cementing that spot in the team though now. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #653 on: November 09, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »
One of the most hard working players we’ve had in years.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #654 on: November 09, 2020, 07:57:47 PM »
He gives his all, when hooked he always looks totally spent, certainly a hundred percenter

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #655 on: November 09, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »
Trez is like if one of us got a shot at playing. We wouldn't be anywhere near the most naturally talented player on the pitch but we'd run ourselves into the ground and enjoy every single second of being at Villa.

I remember the pre season pics of the team climbing a mountain or something, he looked like the happiest man in the world. I love him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #656 on: November 09, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »

A modern version of Paul Birch

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #657 on: November 09, 2020, 08:51:29 PM »

A modern version of Paul Birch

I thought that last night as well.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #658 on: November 09, 2020, 09:21:19 PM »
 I think he didn't celebrate his goal because he is/was an arsenal fan based on his namesake

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #659 on: November 09, 2020, 09:41:57 PM »
Think he can be added to the list of Konsa and Luiz who have really stepped up. Thought he played really well last night and Traore's going to find it hard to get into the team. Good understanding developing between Trez and Cash.

I never had any doubts about Konsa and Luiz, but I didn't think Trez would be this much better. If having Traore around has improved him, then that's Traore paid for already.

I have to admit, me neither. When I saw the shots of him having put on some timber before pre season, I feared the worst.

He’s absolutely cementing that spot in the team though now. 

I think we got good value for money on every signing last summer except Jota, a handful are absolute bargains, a couple had serious injuries that have forced us to sign replacements and potentially stopped them having the impact they could be having now and a few were largely squad filler to give us more depth. I doubt we'd lose money on many of them (excluding Jota who's gone and Heaton who was signed knowing he'd have no resale value) other than possibly Wesley and that's injury related. Across the lot I reckon we'd double our money if we sold them now, Konsa, Mings and Luiz would break us even on their own, in my opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal