collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bjorn Engels - Goodbye and good luck  (Read 78219 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Bjorn Engels
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »
It will certainly add competition to our back line which can only be good for us.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »
I would have thought it'll be Mings starting alongside either Chester or Engels, i reckon Konsa has come in as a longer term project despite the fee, and will be the long term replacement for Chester. It's probably a case of getting them while you can with the younger ones and allowing them a decent settling in period.
Chester had better not start. He was principally responsible (Nyland blamed very unfairly) for our 4-1 defeat at Sheffield United on 1st September. How would he cope against the likes of Spurs? We should get rid whilst we can still get a few pennies for him.

He was also in our top 2/3 best players in the previous 2 seasons and was injured and out of position for most of last season. He may start or he may not but that's a ridiculous and very unfair comment. Paul McGrath played in a few matches where we shipped 4 or 5, maybe we should remember him for those games as well.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »
I would have thought it'll be Mings starting alongside either Chester or Engels, i reckon Konsa has come in as a longer term project despite the fee, and will be the long term replacement for Chester. It's probably a case of getting them while you can with the younger ones and allowing them a decent settling in period.
Chester had better not start. He was principally responsible (Nyland blamed very unfairly) for our 4-1 defeat at Sheffield United on 1st September. How would he cope against the likes of Spurs? We should get rid whilst we can still get a few pennies for him.

He was also in our top 2/3 best players in the previous 2 seasons and was injured and out of position for most of last season. He may start or he may not but that's a ridiculous and very unfair comment. Paul McGrath played in a few matches where we shipped 4 or 5, maybe we should remember him for those games as well.
Well said.
Played with an injury which may have shortened his career, we should be very respectful and grateful for Chester’s contribution.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2019, 01:05:45 AM »

Well said.
Played with an injury which may have shortened his career, we should be very respectful and grateful for Chester’s contribution.

Without doubt.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2019, 02:25:28 AM »

Well said.

Without doubt.

And I think the reason for that 4-1 defeat in Sheffield was down to the fact that their players had rolled their sleeves up further than ours had, and had less dust on them.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2019, 03:30:58 AM »
He's married to a Scouser. I share his pain.

I was married to a Cherokee from Nebraska. Y'all don't know about diddly squat about pain.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2019, 07:37:03 AM »
I am convinced we will go 3-4-3 a fair bit next season.

This lad looks a good player, and seems to be able to play the diagonal ball that Mings is so skilled at from the other side. There is clearly a move to make sure our back 4 can all pick a long pass and are comfortable on the ball, which means our wide options need to be significantly strengthened before the start of the season.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2019, 09:20:52 AM »
He's a Walker brother!
Great Scott!

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2019, 10:26:46 AM »
I would like to think with Chester that we keep him so that he can get the medical/physio. treatment to get up to match fitness and then see where it goes from there. It's the least we owe him and shows loyalty.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »
I would like to think with Chester that we keep him so that he can get the medical/physio. treatment to get up to match fitness and then see where it goes from there. It's the least we owe him and shows loyalty.

Me too.  Played through a bad injury, making it worse in the process.  We owe him the chance to get back playing at least. 

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »
Been offline for 3 or 4 days... is this still not confirmed yet ?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2019, 02:00:19 PM »
He's a Walker brother!
Great Scott!

Oh yes! The old man's back again.

Offline KRS

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2019, 08:32:53 AM »

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2019, 09:35:52 AM »

I agree we should keep James Chester.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2019, 11:35:15 AM »
Sounds like Douglas is there but is Bjorn in the USA...?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal