collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494741 times)

Online AV84

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #4020 on: December 05, 2023, 12:45:49 PM »
I'm guessing his agent is still working on a new contract for him so he has to leave a certain amount of ambiguity there to give them some negotiating power. It all sounds very positive to me.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4021 on: December 05, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »
I thought the opposite. If you read the whole interview he talks very positively about Emery, his own growth as a player, his position of responsibility at the club, and the club as a whole. Doesn't sound like someone that's even thinking about other offers.

I think he's off in January if the 'big clubs' want it to happen.  I hope your interpretation is the correct one! 

He's with a big club.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #4022 on: December 05, 2023, 01:07:07 PM »
I thought the opposite. If you read the whole interview he talks very positively about Emery, his own growth as a player, his position of responsibility at the club, and the club as a whole. Doesn't sound like someone that's even thinking about other offers.

I think he's off in January if the 'big clubs' want it to happen.  I hope your interpretation is the correct one! 

It's down to if Aston Villa want it to happen, not the "big clubs" - besides which, Villa have more than enough money behind them to rival the "big clubs".  This angle of the interview strikes me as being driven  by Skybet - they're not opening up a Douglas Luiz winter window market by any chance?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4023 on: December 05, 2023, 01:07:57 PM »
I can not see anything in that interview.
They are trained to handle this stuff and he handles it well.
It gives no indication either way if he stays or goes.
I think how we do in the next few games and where we are in January will have a lot of bearing on what happens.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4024 on: December 05, 2023, 01:14:16 PM »
some people are desperate to find something to shit themselves. We all better get used to our players being linked elsewhere as we improve and become a top team again. The opposite is way worse when none of our players are wanted because we are utter shit. We will do the same to other sides where we will want their better and best players.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4025 on: December 05, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »
I swear if he walked round with a big sign saying, "I WANT TO STAY HERE" someone would say the sign wasn't big enough and that means he's off in January.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4026 on: December 05, 2023, 02:07:42 PM »
I've lifted most of his quotes from the SkySports article. He's definitely going, he hates it here and the manager too.

"I believe I am in the best moment of my career," he says. "The manager demands a lot from me and I believe he has helped me a lot as well. I am happier than ever to keep working and continue evolving."

"He is a manager who is helping me a lot and who asks a lot from me. He wants me to give more assists, to score goals, to arrive well in the box and to help the team defensively as well.

"He pushes me a lot, but I like that. He is always there to talk with me. Whenever I need something, I just ask him and we talk. Then, when he needs something from me, I can also help him."

"I played different positions when I arrived here compared to now," he says. "I started as a No 6. I still have the No 6 shirt, but I don't actually play as a No 6. Unai's arrival changed my way of playing a bit. That is the evolution I have had and I am very happy with it."

It has a lot to do with his central midfield partner Bouboucar Kamara. "It is two years now that I have been playing with Kamara," says Luiz. "He is an incredible player and he has given me a bit more freedom to get forward and do the things that I like."

"He is a guy who likes to work hard. He teaches you what you have to do in every scenario, and how every set play should go, so I go onto the pitch with my confidence very, very high, knowing I am capable of putting in a good ball in. That helps me a lot."

"I have been here for five years, so I have a big responsibility in our team now," he concludes. "I am one of our captains and that drives me a lot. I know the player I am, and I know the player I can become."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 02:42:54 PM by Drummond »

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #4027 on: December 05, 2023, 02:13:21 PM »
some people are desperate to find something to shit themselves. We all better get used to our players being linked elsewhere as we improve and become a top team again. The opposite is way worse when none of our players are wanted because we are utter shit. We will do the same to other sides where we will want their better and best players.

I’m not ‘shitting myself’ nor am I desperate to be.  Like I said, different people will read stuff differently.  I guess we’ll see what happens and I’ll be very glad to be wrong when Luiz leads us to FA cup glory and a top 4 finish!

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #4028 on: December 05, 2023, 02:13:41 PM »

He's with a big club.

Oh, I agree. 

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #4029 on: December 05, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »

It's down to if Aston Villa want it to happen, not the "big clubs" - besides which, Villa have more than enough money behind them to rival the "big clubs".  This angle of the interview strikes me as being driven  by Skybet - they're not opening up a Douglas Luiz winter window market by any chance?
[/quot

Not if there a release clause it isn’t.  You might be right on the betting market front!

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #4030 on: December 05, 2023, 02:16:02 PM »
Quote fail - apologies. 

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #4031 on: December 05, 2023, 02:32:27 PM »

This is a common myth. The transfer markets are absolute peanuts to SkyBet, totally insignificant to their trading volumes or new customer acquisition.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4032 on: December 05, 2023, 03:36:25 PM »
I swear if he walked round with a big sign saying, "I WANT TO STAY HERE" someone would say the sign wasn't big enough and that means he's off in January.

😂😂😂

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #4033 on: December 05, 2023, 04:28:11 PM »
I try not to worry too much about what any of them say. We've been burned far too many times. If he's staying then great but I wouldn't be surprised if any of them were to go in the next 3-4 years.

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #4034 on: December 05, 2023, 04:47:59 PM »

😂😂😂

Made me chuckle too.  I’d be quite happy if Douglas Luiz had said that.  No signage required. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal