collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494395 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3360 on: March 13, 2023, 10:48:26 AM »
If I'm honest I think he's been better than Kamara for most of the games under Emery. That's not to say Kamara hasn't been very good but Luiz is at the heart of everything we do well going forward, he's the one who ups the tempo and changes the point of attack.

What Luiz has at the moment, that most of the other players need to get to, is consistency. I think Kamara has the ability to be a better player than Luiz, but he's also got it in him at the moment to have a shocker. Luiz is giving consistent 7/10 performances, week in, week out.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3361 on: March 13, 2023, 10:49:29 AM »
If I'm honest I think he's been better than Kamara for most of the games under Emery. That's not to say Kamara hasn't been very good but Luiz is at the heart of everything we do well going forward, he's the one who ups the tempo and changes the point of attack.

What Luiz has at the moment, that most of the other players need to get to, is consistency. I think Kamara has the ability to be a better player than Luiz, but he's also got it in him at the moment to have a shocker. Luiz is giving consistent 7/10 performances, week in, week out.

Worth noting, also, how long it took for us to get that from Luiz.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3362 on: March 13, 2023, 10:57:27 AM »
another excellent performance yesterday.

i just hope that new contract he signed in october doesn't have a release clause...

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3363 on: March 13, 2023, 10:59:12 AM »
Fair but I'd say 7-8/10 because there are games where he dictates the play.

If we can get 2-3 other midfielders who have 7/10 as their 'lows' and go up from there every few games then we're in a good place. Given how young most of our midfielders are I think that will happen naturally and, if we can keep them together, gives us a group than can stick together for a fair few years, especially with Tim and AJ coming through as well.

What really excites me about our squad is how many players in it are a few years away from their peak, getting them to grow together, with key addition to help that, is why I don't think we're as far away from where we want to be as people think and why I don't think we need to spend insane amounts to get there.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3364 on: March 13, 2023, 11:39:58 AM »
We may still end up spending a fortune but that's more of a comment on the transfer market.

He was excellent yesterday and covered for Kamara's absence. I wonder if the end of the Arsenal game would have still gone that way if we hadn't taken him off for the last quarter of an hour.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3365 on: March 13, 2023, 12:30:49 PM »
It’s not bad for an £18 million midfield.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3366 on: March 13, 2023, 12:43:40 PM »
My view
He possesses all of the characteristics necessary to be considered world-class and a mainstay in the Brazilian national team, and this can be accomplished with the assistance of Emery and coaching team.

I believe he will be running games at times for Villa next season and I see him as an important player in our development and progress.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #3367 on: March 13, 2023, 12:54:48 PM »
My view
He possesses all of the characteristics necessary to be considered world-class and a mainstay in the Brazilian national team, and this can be accomplished with the assistance of Emery and coaching team.

I believe he will be running games at times for Villa next season and I see him as an important player in our development and progress.

Hear, Hear

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3368 on: March 13, 2023, 01:30:49 PM »
It’s not bad for an £18 million midfield.

+£8m signing-on fee but still, yeah !

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #3369 on: March 13, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »
My view

Yep agree. The villa podcast mentions earlier, his false header in the second half yesterday, where he acted to header the ball in the middle of the park, dummied, turn and was away from the west ham player, pure nonchalance from a player flying at the moment. Crazy to think this is his 4th season with us already, im really excited about his growing partnership with Kamara. Love Dougie.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #3370 on: March 13, 2023, 11:00:17 PM »
Quote from: paul_e link=topic=59919.msg4323561#msg4323561
date=1678702495

Worth noting, also, how long it took for us to get that from Luiz.
Took just a couple of months........Since UE took over!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3371 on: March 17, 2023, 05:04:23 PM »
Not in the Brazil squad for the upcoming friendlies.
I think it's only a matter of time before he does get back in.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3372 on: March 18, 2023, 08:32:46 AM »
I think that’s for sure Footy, he’s got to be in the next one. His levels now are as Risso says very consistent.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #3373 on: March 18, 2023, 09:36:51 AM »
I think my likely player of the season vote has possibly switched from Kamara to Douggie over the last couple of months.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3374 on: March 18, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »
Keeping hold of him was a great result  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal