collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494325 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2850 on: September 02, 2022, 08:41:30 AM »
I’m a bit torn on whether we should have cashed in or not. We keep being told that player trading is a part of modern football and certainly massively helps with FFP compliance so knowing when to trade an asset is vital for me in Pushing us forwards. I have a feeling that unless he signs a new contract we’ve maybe missed the window for selling him which would be good for the trading account and FFP. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If the offer had come in a werk ago I'd agree but selling someone who should be starting most games with no time to replace him is never a good idea. That said there would be a point where the offer was too much to turn down but in the current market that would have been a lot more than £25m.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2851 on: September 02, 2022, 08:43:30 AM »
I’m a bit torn on whether we should have cashed in or not. We keep being told that player trading is a part of modern football and certainly massively helps with FFP compliance so knowing when to trade an asset is vital for me in Pushing us forwards. I have a feeling that unless he signs a new contract we’ve maybe missed the window for selling him which would be good for the trading account and FFP. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If the offer had come in a werk ago I'd agree but selling someone who should be starting most games with no time to replace him is never a good idea. That said there would be a point where the offer was too much to turn down but in the current market that would have been a lot more than £25m.
agree, and particularly if there is 20% due to citeh.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2852 on: September 02, 2022, 08:43:37 AM »
I think Arsenal trying to sneak a deal through that close to the wire made Villa dig their heels in. Available all summer, choosing deadline day was stupid. A week earlier he'd have likely gone and we would have loaned in a midfielder.

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #2853 on: September 02, 2022, 08:43:52 AM »
Maybe if he'd kept Sanson a bit more involved then we could have taken the money for Doug.

As it is, I'm happy he stayed. Hopefully a new manager will get the best out of him.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2854 on: September 02, 2022, 08:44:24 AM »
I'd be interested to know if Dougie has been told something that might be happening in the very near future and who his next gaffer may be.

In this day and age where footballers; or more specifically their agents rule, I'm surprised they didn't push harder for him to get the move to Arsenal.  Maybe they did, I have no way of knowing but it all seems very strange to me.  Once a player intimates he wants offski, that's what usually happens.  We can only wait and see.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2855 on: September 02, 2022, 09:28:18 AM »
Gooners are not happy!

Re: 2022 Summer Transfer Window
Postby Ach » Today 8:19 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Edu well and truly humiliated

You look up inept in the dictionary, there'll be a pic of edu

Who the fuck is Edu?

Long-necked bloke, used to hang about with Rod Hull, IIRC.

And even though he was tall, he wasn't know for his aerial abilities.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2856 on: September 02, 2022, 09:29:35 AM »
For us to turn down £25m to use him as a bit part player then lose him on a free next summer is #classicvilla.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #2857 on: September 02, 2022, 09:32:09 AM »
I'd play him regularly a bit further forward now, instead of McGinn, with Kamara and Dendoncker behind him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2858 on: September 02, 2022, 09:54:06 AM »
Does this mean Gerrard feels obliged to start him in every game now, I wonder, regardless of form or not being played in his best role. McGinn is already a stuck-on starter and Kamara too. Dendoncker may need to be patient. Naka and Morgan can do a Darren Bent and spend their match matchdays shopping in town.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2859 on: September 02, 2022, 09:55:49 AM »
McGinn was subbed pretty early the other day I wouldn’t if Gerrard’s view might be shifting.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2860 on: September 02, 2022, 10:10:21 AM »
I’m glad I stayed made me feel a bit better about the transfer window
Hopefully if we get a decent manager he might sign a new contract You know the same as Delph and Grealish did 😀

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2861 on: September 02, 2022, 10:29:09 AM »
He'll be gone in June. I would have cashed in on him and we probably would have but we've shit the bed after an abysmal start.

Online SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #2862 on: September 02, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »
He isn't a nailed in starter.
He's had 100+ games to show that he's indispensible, but we're none the wiser as to whether he's a 6, 8 or 10.
He wants to leave.
He hasn't signed a new contract, despite there being one on the table for some time.
£25m declined now.
How much will his value  have fallen to by January.

Having missed out 9n a move to Arsenal, what will his form be like on the coming months.

Think we've dropped one by keeping him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2863 on: September 02, 2022, 10:53:01 AM »
He'll be gone in June. I would have cashed in on him and we probably would have but we've shit the bed after an abysmal start.
We need to give the new manager all options.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2864 on: September 02, 2022, 10:57:26 AM »
He isn't a nailed in starter.
He's had 100+ games to show that he's indispensible, but we're none the wiser as to whether he's a 6, 8 or 10.
He wants to leave.
He hasn't signed a new contract, despite there being one on the table for some time.
£25m declined now.
How much will his value  have fallen to by January.

Having missed out 9n a move to Arsenal, what will his form be like on the coming months.

Think we've dropped one by keeping him.

We can't play £25m in cash in midfield, and I doubt it could score directly from corners. Although I'd consider giving it a start over McGinn.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal