collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473404 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2025 on: November 19, 2021, 03:37:48 PM »
That’s bad news, he’s such a big player for us, not the same without him.

I agree. I still find it unbelievable smith did not think we need a player in the middle. We all called it in the summer
Do you honestly think he did not know we need a player in the middle?  He's hardly going to say before the season starts 'our midfield is a bit shit' is he?

Same as he probably also thought we were desperately short up front in 19/20 and 20/21.  We seem to have a habit of leaving ourselves incredibly short in at least one position every season.  Hopefully Gerrard will kick the doors down and make sure he gets what he needs in the next windows.

Well we needed a player there more than ings or buendia thats for sure yet we weny for them. Our number one priority should have been bissouma.  He for me would have been a better signing that JWP.

Last line completely agree mate

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2026 on: November 19, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »
That’s bad news, he’s such a big player for us, not the same without him.

I agree. I still find it unbelievable smith did not think we need a player in the middle. We all called it in the summer
Do you honestly think he did not know we need a player in the middle?  He's hardly going to say before the season starts 'our midfield is a bit shit' is he?

Same as he probably also thought we were desperately short up front in 19/20 and 20/21.  We seem to have a habit of leaving ourselves incredibly short in at least one position every season.  Hopefully Gerrard will kick the doors down and make sure he gets what he needs in the next windows.

Well we needed a player there more than ings or buendia thats for sure yet we weny for them. Our number one priority should have been bissouma.  He for me would have been a better signing that JWP.

Last line completely agree mate

We needed another striker as last season if Olly was out we were left with Davis, who is absolutely not a Premier League standard striker.

It's also not exactly fair to criticise the club for buying Buendia considering the season he had last year for Norwich and we had a Grealish-sized hole to fill in midfield.

So sure, not getting a bad-ass DCM in was a failure (again), but I don't think it was for the want of trying.  The reality is that the sort of player who'd improve us there doesn't grow on trees and unless we wanted to have our pants pulled down over the fee (which we also can't afford to do given FFP) it wasn't to be this summer.  I'm sure it's still a priority though.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2027 on: November 19, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »
I remain of the view Ings and Buendia were good (and necessary) signings.  Smith's use of them perhaps notsomuch.

That doesn't change the fact we were desperate for a DM.  It's all very well  saying we tried for JWP, but seriously it's not like he was the only viable option in the whole of world football?  Bearing in mind we had a net neutral spend you would have thought we could have found c£40m for the right player.  It's contributed to Smith losing his job and hopefully the club will have learned a lesson.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #2028 on: November 24, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
Needs more consistency. Hasn’t really hit anywhere near the heights that might have merited a Man City recall which some of our parish feared at the time.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2029 on: November 26, 2021, 12:48:27 PM »
What's this shit about Dougie trying to force a move to Roma in January, the Guardian have the following:

'Aston Villa fans were understandably pleased to see pictures of Douglas Luiz back in training on Tuesday after a three-match absence with a hamstring injury, but will have been less impressed by Wednesday’s speculation that the Brazilian defensive midfielder and his representatives are angling for a move to Roma in January. Should Douglas Luiz return to action in the holding role at which he excels this weekend, Marvelous Nakamba looks likely to make way. And should Douglas Luiz agitate for a move to Serie A during the next transfer window he will be sorely missed at Villa Park'.

The interest from Roma has been a background noise for a few months now but Il Romanista are reporting that we want £29m for him and Roma can't pay it but just as worrying Dougie is refusing to sign a new contract with his existing contract due to end in 2023.

I hope all this is bullshit.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2030 on: November 26, 2021, 06:37:37 PM »
Someone else posted on the forum today that the new coaching staff were eulogising over him in the Players Lounge after the game last weekend. He'll be seduced by Stevie and show his best form.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2031 on: November 26, 2021, 06:58:41 PM »
Sorry but if he (or any player) wants to go....then they can go as long as our price is met.

We want winners not quitters

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2032 on: November 26, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »
Sorry but if he (or any player) wants to go....then they can go as long as our price is met.

We want winners not quitters
agreed - I'm not getting attached to any of them any more - especially ones that aren't as good as they think they are

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2033 on: December 01, 2021, 10:15:55 PM »
Thought he was excellent tonight, our man of the match by a fair way in my opinion.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2034 on: December 01, 2021, 10:17:41 PM »
Have never really understood the extent of the Luiz praise, but he played really well in that second half. More of that tenacity and energy please.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2035 on: December 01, 2021, 10:18:00 PM »
Thought he was excellent tonight, our man of the match by a fair way in my opinion.
Yep. Our best player in the first half along with Ollie, as others struggled and great second half as everyone improved alongside. Definite signs again today that Douglas could be a playmaker. Sanson's cameo and indeed Carney, suggest we've got a bit of depth.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2036 on: December 01, 2021, 10:18:23 PM »
Half decent first half and excellent second, certainly one of our best players tonight.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2037 on: December 01, 2021, 10:19:45 PM »
He was absolutely superb that second half. He was a monster in that midfield, he drove us on and gave us a real desire to not give up. His attitude was fantastic.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #2038 on: December 01, 2021, 10:21:53 PM »
He was absolutely superb that second half. He was a monster in that midfield, he drove us on and gave us a real desire to not give up. His attitude was fantastic.

Agreed

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2039 on: December 01, 2021, 10:21:58 PM »
He was the best midfielder on the pitch in the second half. More of that and we'll be sucking diesel.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal