collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 487714 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1395 on: November 18, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
He does a lot of work that goes unappreciated. Since he has played that more defensive role from the restart we have had one of the best defences in the league. That's a lot to do with the protection he gives our back four. Throw in a better keeper and suddenly, essentially the same set of defenders as most of last season look far better.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1396 on: November 18, 2020, 02:49:38 PM »
Sorry but as much as i think he has really put in some seriously decent performances since lock down - he is hardly at the level of Jack or even Konsa who have been exceptional.
I'm not sure he would even get in the City team on a regular basis - look at the Snake he was "bought" at his absolute prime form with us and really struggled to get game time at that level. I actually think Snake then is better than Luiz now but that is my opinion.

We really have an inferiority complex at times - the second one of our players turns out to be decent we start to scare ourselves shitless they will be sold

Thank God our owners don't think this small time

As it stands he is, subject to them meeting the agreed fee, a Man City player next season. This was explicit in the deal that all parties entered into when he signed for us. I don’t think being ‘small time’ comes into it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1397 on: November 18, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »
and Pep is a known fan.

He's a full Brazilian International and City can have him for £30m.  If he carries on his current form I'm pretty convinced they'll take that and so will he.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1398 on: November 18, 2020, 04:04:14 PM »
That's what i would assume, the final decision surely has to come down to the player

Indeed. But that was a discussion that was had and a decision that was made in summer 2019, not one that will happen January or summer 2021.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1399 on: November 18, 2020, 04:13:53 PM »
and Pep is a known fan.

He's a full Brazilian International and City can have him for £30m.  If he carries on his current form I'm pretty convinced they'll take that and so will he.

I  think it all depends on the kind of season we have and the progress we are making as a club.
If Douglas feels settled and a valued part of Villa, I'm pretty sure we could make an acceptable offer to buy out the clause. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1400 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »
and Pep is a known fan.

I  think it all depends on the kind of season we have and the progress we are making as a club.
If Douglas feels settled and a valued part of Villa, I'm pretty sure we could make an acceptable offer to buy out the clause. 
Maybe.  But most ambitious players who are full internationals would back themselves to play for City and even if we managed to finish 6th, that would still be a huge draw.  Kante left Leicester after the won the league.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1401 on: November 18, 2020, 04:29:51 PM »
If Pep stays he probably goes.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1402 on: November 18, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »
Sorry but as much as i think he has really put in some seriously decent performances since lock down - he is hardly at the level of Jack or even Konsa who have been exceptional.
I'm not sure he would even get in the City team on a regular basis - look at the Snake he was "bought" at his absolute prime form with us and really struggled to get game time at that level. I actually think Snake then is better than Luiz now but that is my opinion.

We really have an inferiority complex at times - the second one of our players turns out to be decent we start to scare ourselves shitless they will be sold

As it stands he is, subject to them meeting the agreed fee, a Man City player next season. This was explicit in the deal that all parties entered into when he signed for us. I don’t think being ‘small time’ comes into it.

It wasn't a 2-year loan deal. He's our player but one with a clause in his contract that can be triggered.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1403 on: November 18, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »

It wasn't a 2-year loan deal. He's our player but one with a clause in his contract that can be triggered.

I think he's aware of that.  His point is still correct though. If they meet the pre-agreed fee, there is nothing more to discuss - he becomes a Man City player.

If they choose not, he remains our player. The problem is that it's becoming increasingly hard to see why they wouldn't.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #1404 on: November 18, 2020, 06:08:38 PM »
what happens if he doesn't want to go ?  is he still our player then ?

apologies for being late on the thread, but I love the lad and still keep rewinding that pass to Barkley for Ollie to score...:)

**sorry Dave just seen your reply**

UTV
The Doc

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1405 on: November 18, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »
That's my point really. If he's happy here and he was concerned that he would only be a bit part player there, it's not as open and shut as is being made out.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1406 on: November 18, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »
what happens if he doesn't want to go ?  is he still our player then ?

apologies for being late on the thread, but I love the lad and still keep rewinding that pass to Barkley for Ollie to score... :)

UTV
The Doc

As I said earlier in that case I suspect his agent would talk to Man City and try to work out a price for Villa to pay to remove the clause and then talk to Villa about getting a new contract that he'll agree if we buy out Man City first. I wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing talk of things like this in a couple of months, particularly if we're still performing well.

It really depends on Luiz himself, if he wants to go back then it will happen next summer, if he wants to stay then something will get worked out.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #1407 on: November 18, 2020, 06:26:54 PM »
that makes sense Paul_e

UTV
The Doc

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1408 on: November 18, 2020, 06:29:07 PM »
The current agreement means he will go back if nothing else changes and the clause is triggered. However the player may tell his agent that he wants to stay which will get the clubs involved on how they want that to work out. Do we just pay Man City the market value minus what we paid? But if he wants to go back it's a done deal. We'll have got two years out of him and Man City get a better player than the one that left.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1409 on: November 18, 2020, 06:29:56 PM »
I'll be disappointed if he leaves, but it will just prove it was a good transfer for us.
It was all about staying up in the first season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal