collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 488677 times)

Online Hillbilly

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1380 on: November 18, 2020, 12:54:42 AM »
Our man Dougie has just played a full, competitive, away match against Uruguay. Should be in tip-top condition for the weekend.

Thrilled that we have a regular starter for Brazil, not so thrilled that we have a regular starter for Brazil.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1381 on: November 18, 2020, 01:09:48 AM »
He's at a good enough age where he can withstand that sort of thing.

You'd be more concerned with a 28/29 year old with 400 plus senior appearances dealing with that schedule.

If he remains past next summer we will need better quality than Nakamba to deputise for him, mind.

Nakamba is the anti Luiz distribution-wise.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1382 on: November 18, 2020, 01:11:05 AM »
Think he misses the next Brazil game having picked up two bookings.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1383 on: November 18, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »
the only way we could get Doug at the time was to agree to this deal

it is what it is
it's no good moaning about it now

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1384 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:12 AM »
His situation will all depend on where we are at the end of the season.  Where did we finish, what's ahead of us in 21/22.  Going back to Man City would be a forgone conclusion if he's shone after another season of struggle for us.  Not so much if we are genuinely battling it out for a place in the top 6.

Look at the improvement this summer after the right transfer business.  Add another one or two in January, and then there is the promise of next summer's business - we might look a LOT more attractive to someone looking to cement their place in the Brazil side.

However, if at the end of everything Man City want him back, and he wants to go, we just have to be grateful we've had a couple of years out of a player wanted by a team challenging at the very top, and we'll have made a decent profit on him, too.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #1385 on: November 18, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »
How do this buy back clause work if the player doesn't want to move. Surely in this day and age you can't make a person move to a different place of work and town.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1386 on: November 18, 2020, 12:13:24 PM »
How do this buy back clause work if the player doesn't want to move. Surely in this day and age you can't make a person move to a different place of work and town.

If we finish in the top 4 we'll find out sure enough at the end of the season.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1387 on: November 18, 2020, 12:15:08 PM »

The technical answer is that he's already agreed. The more complete answer is that if he really wanted to stay with us I suspect the clubs would negotiate a buy out of the clause. There was talk of us opening talks on a new contract, if we did I suspect we'd approach Man City about that buy out as part of it.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1388 on: November 18, 2020, 12:23:43 PM »
Man Citeh offer £30m assuming that is the figure.  We are contractually obliged to accept the offer. Then the player I assume still has the choice to stay or go. 

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #1389 on: November 18, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
That's what i would assume, the final decision surely has to come down to the player

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1390 on: November 18, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »

It's only like any other transfer in that regard.  His only recourse if he really didn't want to go back would be to go on strike, and I don't think that's likely.  And let's be honest, it would take something exceptional for him not to want to go back if they do exercise the option, like us being top 4 and Man City not.  Even with my claret and blue specs on I don't think that's going to happen.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1391 on: November 18, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »
Yes if he is going to be starting for them more often than not he would be mad not to go back.  The only thing we can possibly do is start a bidding war.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1392 on: November 18, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
If Man City activated the clause it would be because Luiz has already agreed to the move. These days talks go on behind the scenes before they're formalised. Rightly or wrongly.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1393 on: November 18, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »
He’s already agreed to move, as part of the original deal. This isn’t a minimum release clause, it’s activating a deal that’s already in place.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1394 on: November 18, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »
Sorry but as much as i think he has really put in some seriously decent performances since lock down - he is hardly at the level of Jack or even Konsa who have been exceptional.
I'm not sure he would even get in the City team on a regular basis - look at the Snake he was "bought" at his absolute prime form with us and really struggled to get game time at that level. I actually think Snake then is better than Luiz now but that is my opinion.

We really have an inferiority complex at times - the second one of our players turns out to be decent we start to scare ourselves shitless they will be sold

Thank God our owners don't think this small time

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal