collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473317 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1335 on: October 14, 2020, 08:52:15 AM »
Another appearance for Brazil last night. I fear its becoming more inevitable that he'll go back to Money City.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1336 on: October 14, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »
Another appearance for Brazil last night. I fear its becoming more inevitable that he'll go back to Money City.

I fear you’re right, unless we can somehow buy out the buy back clause. I’m sure it’s possible but very complicated. We also don’t know City’s stance. It would appear that Pep is a fan of Douglas but he might not be there next season anyway.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1337 on: October 14, 2020, 12:57:17 PM »
I've just watched his press conference when he arrived with the national team, he's got his head firmly on his shoulders and I think he realises he's still got a long way to go. He was asked about Citeh but said he hasn't spoken with Pep and is just focusing on working hard with us. He also mentioned how the break gave him time to reflect on his game and how he got himself fitter and stronger. I really like the lad.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1338 on: October 14, 2020, 01:20:12 PM »

I fear you’re right, unless we can somehow buy out the buy back clause. I’m sure it’s possible but very complicated. We also don’t know City’s stance. It would appear that Pep is a fan of Douglas but he might not be there next season anyway.

I think there's only two things that can happen.  Man City buy him back for the agreed amount, and then play him in their first team.  Or, as he's almost certainly worth a lot more than his buyout figure, they buy him back then sell him on.  At that point, I guess if he wanted to stay with us, we just pay them the difference between the buyout fee and the new market value if we want to keep him.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1339 on: October 14, 2020, 01:21:29 PM »

I think there's only two things that can happen.  Man City buy him back for the agreed amount, and then play him in their first team.  Or, as he's almost certainly worth a lot more than his buyout figure, they buy him back then sell him on.  At that point, I guess if he wanted to stay with us, we just pay them the difference between the buyout fee and the new market value if we want to keep him.

Yep that’s how I see it.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #1340 on: October 14, 2020, 01:49:50 PM »
I have wondered for a while whether he has any real say in the matter, ie. can he say no to City and stay at Villa ? Would love to think he buys in to our owners vision and sees he can reach the same end-point whilst playing first-team footie continuously with us.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1341 on: October 14, 2020, 01:58:35 PM »
I have wondered for a while whether he has any real say in the matter, ie. can he say no to City and stay at Villa ? Would love to think he buys in to our owners vision and sees he can reach the same end-point whilst playing first-team footie continuously with us.

He can make his feelings known I guess, but other than going on strike there wouldn't be much he could do about it, having being one of the three parties to sign the original deal.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1342 on: October 14, 2020, 02:06:27 PM »

He can make his feelings known I guess, but other than going on strike there wouldn't be much he could do about it, having being one of the three parties to sign the original deal.
He could refuse to sign for another club if they seek to sell him on, but to be honest if its a club prepared to spend the sort of money it would take to make the excercise worthwhile for City then it's likely to be a decent club.

I'd hope we can just do somenthing like offer City £15m to delete the clause.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1343 on: October 14, 2020, 02:12:04 PM »
How would buying him back and then selling him on actually work though? Can you buy a player and sell them in the same window? I know you can buy them and loan them out (other than as a contract clause loaning back to the selling club for a fixed time) in the same window but I've never looked into buying and selling on.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1344 on: October 14, 2020, 03:28:29 PM »

Wouldn't he have to sign a contract, agree wages, etc. with them, though?  Otherwise they could offer him a zero hours, minimum wage contract and he'd still have to accept it.

I'd have thought Manchester City have the right to offer what we'd agreed to and begin negotiations, but am very skeptical about the idea that they can just take him back without him having any say in the matter.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1345 on: October 14, 2020, 04:29:30 PM »

Wouldn't he have to sign a contract, agree wages, etc. with them, though?  Otherwise they could offer him a zero hours, minimum wage contract and he'd still have to accept it.

I'd have thought Manchester City have the right to offer what we'd agreed to and begin negotiations, but am very skeptical about the idea that they can just take him back without him having any say in the matter.

The contract is already included as part of the deal. The bit I don't quite get, along with the post above, is what impact the deal has on us giving him a new deal. If, for example, the buy back contract puts him on £40kpw and we offer him £60kpw as a new deal what happens next? Do we need Man City to approve that and alter their potential contract with him or can they force him to take a pay cut?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1346 on: October 14, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »
We could buy out the buy out clause, then put a buyout clause in his contract, then create a bidding war once someone has met the buyout clause.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1347 on: October 14, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »
I assume his wages will be renegotiated with us if the deadline passes for Man City to buy him back.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1348 on: October 14, 2020, 08:20:03 PM »
I assume his wages will be renegotiated with us if the deadline passes for Man City to buy him back.

Dunno, there was talk about us starting talks with him a few weeks back.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1349 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »
We'll see what happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal