collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473065 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1155 on: July 27, 2020, 08:51:13 AM »
I keep hearing about the buy back clause and the possibility of City maybe buying him back to on sell.

How long does this buy back clause last for, 2 years? If City play it clever surely another year with us playing week in week out is better for them than having a 3rd choice midfielder and stopping his development.

If Man City did buy him back, especially if it was for the purpose of selling him on again, whats to stop us putting in a bid for him? If they bought him back for $25m to on sell for $40m wouldn't it just be easier to do a deal with us involving us paying another $15m to rip up the agreement?

All of the parties involved (Villa, City, Luiz) can mutually agree to terminate or amend the existing contract if for example we wanted to make the signing 'permanent', but it would obviously have to be in all three parties' interests.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1156 on: July 27, 2020, 08:52:47 AM »
I keep hearing about the buy back clause and the possibility of City maybe buying him back to on sell.

How long does this buy back clause last for, 2 years? If City play it clever surely another year with us playing week in week out is better for them than having a 3rd choice midfielder and stopping his development.

If Man City did buy him back, especially if it was for the purpose of selling him on again, whats to stop us putting in a bid for him? If they bought him back for $25m to on sell for $40m wouldn't it just be easier to do a deal with us involving us paying another $15m to rip up the agreement?

All of the parties involved (Villa, City, Luiz) can mutually agree to terminate or amend the existing contract if for example we wanted to make the signing 'permanent', but it would obviously have to be in all three parties' interests.

Aye, I'd imagine that would involved money changing hands again too. "Buying out" the clause or what not.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #1157 on: July 27, 2020, 08:54:43 AM »

With the 5 subs rule in place it probably makes sense for city to use him to close out those 4-0 games to save the legs of the first 11. Personally I think he’s been player of the year based upon his post restart form. Worked tirelessly, been great on and off the ball. Grealish will always get the plaudits but without luiz we would be down
He's played like a player who is significantly more experienced.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1158 on: July 27, 2020, 09:00:37 AM »

Aye, I'd imagine that would involved money changing hands again too. "Buying out" the clause or what not.

Indeed. If they are buying him to sell him elsewhere,  I'm sure that they'd be as happy to take our money as anyone else's.

If they're buying him to play, then I'm guessing the "but what if he wants to stay?" issue becomes rather moot.

Online frank black

« Reply #1159 on: August 17, 2020, 04:26:08 PM »
Rumours from Brazil, Man City may hook him back.

Massive hole to fill if so.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1160 on: August 17, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »
Yes would be an awful loss.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1161 on: August 17, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
Yes would be an awful loss.

Not looking good. I admit to not knowing too much about the contract - I’d assumed City had first dibs if we decided to sell, not the option to grad him back at any time.

Much as he’s improved, I look at their midfield and don’t see him starting in it very often. Not yet anyway.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1162 on: August 17, 2020, 05:32:03 PM »
Yeah not great if it happens. Probably means we need to spend a lot more than 25m to get a player into that position so any ‘profit’ is a bit of a moot point.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1163 on: August 17, 2020, 05:33:01 PM »
Clickbait nonsense. They will still struggle with obtaining a work permit. £50 to H&V if Duggee goes to Man City.

Online frank black

« Reply #1164 on: August 17, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
Clickbait nonsense. They will still struggle with obtaining a work permit. £50 to H&V if Duggee goes to Man City.

His own brother seems confident, nice donation

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1165 on: August 17, 2020, 05:39:35 PM »
I think the fee in question and a decent wage increase probably overcome any work permit issues looking at the points criteria.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1166 on: August 17, 2020, 05:42:59 PM »
I’m struggling to think of a reason why they wouldn’t exercise the option given he’s clearly worth a lot more than £25m now.

The only other thing that would possibly make more sense is them doing it next year when he’s got another PL season under his belt and the risk of an injury or catastrophic loss of form has been reinsured. This is a very one sided arrangement but then he kept us up without costing us anything so we’ve done OK I guess.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1167 on: August 17, 2020, 05:50:08 PM »
I’m struggling to think of a reason why they wouldn’t exercise the option given he’s clearly worth a lot more than £25m now.

The only other thing that would possibly make more sense is them doing it next year when he’s got another PL season under his belt and the risk of an injury or catastrophic loss of form has been reinsured. This is a very one sided arrangement but then he kept us up without costing us anything so we’ve done OK I guess.

Well, except for the £15m we paid for him and £2m in wages...

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1168 on: August 17, 2020, 05:55:19 PM »
He might not go, I bloody hope he doesn’t. But the work permit point won’t be an issue in stopping it happen.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1169 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:06 PM »

Well, except for the £15m we paid for him and £2m in wages...

If they do buy him back this sumer we'll have been paid around 10-15m to have him for a year. Which is what I assume Mossman meant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal