collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473467 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1125 on: July 26, 2020, 11:40:03 PM »
Also if he signed a new deal with us putting him on a wage higher than the one in the buy back and they triggered it afterwards does anyone honestly believe that wouldn't be challenged.

The player always has a choice if for no other reason than if they told him they were activating the clause and he said he didn't them to would any club go ahead with it? There is always a choice there, it's just not something that's ever been tested because normally the player wants to go back, which is why the agreed to it.

I'm pretty sure Man City wouldn't have inserted the buy back clause in the first place if it was that easily waved away.

And, let's be honest, it's Man City, insane amounts of money and lots of scope for titles. Of course he's going to go there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1126 on: July 26, 2020, 11:41:39 PM »
Also if he signed a new deal with us putting him on a wage higher than the one in the buy back and they triggered it afterwards does anyone honestly believe that wouldn't be challenged.

The player always has a choice if for no other reason than if they told him they were activating the clause and he said he didn't them to would any club go ahead with it? There is always a choice there, it's just not something that's ever been tested because normally the player wants to go back, which is why the agreed to it.

Challenged how?  He's happily signed a contract agreeing to the terms.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1127 on: July 26, 2020, 11:42:25 PM »
Well, regardless, they still have this year and next before the clause expires, and he has only been Man City standard for a couple of months. I reckon they will give him another year at Villa to decide whether they fancy bringing him back.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1128 on: July 26, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »
Ok, they won't change the criteria after losing 11 months of games. Good grief, life's too short.

Indeed it is, they currently haven't changed the criteria so we don't know what those criteria will be, that's really not complicated.

And yet it seems so for you.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #1129 on: July 26, 2020, 11:44:04 PM »
How do you all know his detailed contract?

Can you put a copy online for me to read

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1130 on: July 26, 2020, 11:44:13 PM »
There’s the Villa fan side of it that time would think he loves the club like we do. Why would he leave? And there’s the reality side of it. The business side of it. These players aren’t tied to us or anyone else emotionally. And that includes Jack at the end of the day.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1131 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:08 PM »
Well, regardless, they still have this year and next before the clause expires, and he has only been Man City standard for a couple of months. I reckon they will give him another year at Villa to decide whether they fancy bringing him back.

I hope they do, he's been brilliant lately and he's turned into a great player.  if Jack does leave, we'll need Luiz for sure.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1132 on: July 26, 2020, 11:49:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure Man City wouldn't have inserted the buy back clause in the first place if it was that easily waved away.

And, let's be honest, it's Man City, insane amounts of money and lots of scope for titles. Of course he's going to go there.

Absolutely agree with the bold bit and that's true in almost every buy-back that's ever been agreed, but lets make up a scenario or 2;

We sign a player and then qualify for the champions league at the expense of the club he came from, they try to activate the clause, we and the player say bollocks. Does anyone honestly think the player would end up leaving in those circumstances?

How about if a player knew they were looking to bring him back only to loan him out somewhere else when he's settled and happy, does anyone believe that there wouldn't be some sort of accommodation made for that?

That's all I'm getting at, there is always negotiation to be done.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #1133 on: July 26, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »
There’s the Villa fan side of it that time would think he loves the club like we do. Why would he leave? And there’s the reality side of it. The business side of it. These players aren’t tied to us or anyone else emotionally. And that includes Jack at the end of the day.

Absolutely...a better offer...even an equal offer for a better team is attractive.

Fuck it...I can believe many players would take a pay cut to sit on the bench at some world famous teams.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #1134 on: July 26, 2020, 11:50:49 PM »
No one knows the finer details of his contract, but buy back clauses are pretty standard.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1135 on: July 26, 2020, 11:51:06 PM »

Absolutely agree with the bold bit and that's true in almost every buy-back that's ever been agreed, but lets make up a scenario or 2;

We sign a player and then qualify for the champions league at the expense of the club he came from, they try to activate the clause, we and the player say bollocks. Does anyone honestly think the player would end up leaving in those circumstances?

How about if a player knew they were looking to bring him back only to loan him out somewhere else when he's settled and happy, does anyone believe that there wouldn't be some sort of accommodation made for that?

That's all I'm getting at, there is always negotiation to be done.

You really are talking the most colossal amount of uninformed rubbish.  I do wish you'd stop.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1136 on: July 26, 2020, 11:51:43 PM »

Absolutely...a better offer...even an equal offer for a better team is attractive.

Fuck it...I can believe many players would take a pay cut to sit on the bench at some world famous teams.

But they do. All the time. But at that moment they are all convinced they will start or at least play a significant role for the new team. Even Danny Drinkwater when he went to Chelsea as a PL champion didn’t think he’d be at Burnley a short time later.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1137 on: July 26, 2020, 11:51:48 PM »
No one knows the finer details of his contract, but buy back clauses are pretty standard.

Is there a chance that his buy back clause could trigger a bidding war?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #1138 on: July 26, 2020, 11:57:21 PM »

Is there a chance that his buy back clause could trigger a bidding war?

Man City should offer more than the buy back clause to show Luiz how much they want him.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1139 on: July 26, 2020, 11:59:23 PM »
If we have any ambition we will just reject their offer unless it is at least double the buy back clause.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal