collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 488768 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1080 on: July 26, 2020, 09:11:42 PM »
Really hope we have another season of him playing for us.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1081 on: July 26, 2020, 09:17:01 PM »
Really hope we have another season of him playing for us.

I’d agree however I believe the buy back fee increases if he stays on ( from reports) So if he goes back he goes back now, or we spend significant money to remove the buy back clause maybe?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1082 on: July 26, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »
I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think anyone we really want to keep will leave this summer. I just think this will be the summer where the owners will want to show they're not messing around.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1083 on: July 26, 2020, 09:23:29 PM »
I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think anyone we really want to keep will leave this summer. I just think this will be the summer where the owners will want to show they're not messing around.

It doesn't matter though what the owners think if Man City decide they want him, City have got the right to buy him back at their option this season.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #1084 on: July 26, 2020, 09:26:06 PM »
We need him. As mentioned above, a nasty bastard now required to complete a midfield which will now come into its own if he stays. Hes already becoming an outstanding player and McGinn now looking like his old self also. Jack must and has to stay now surely. And City can fuck off.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1085 on: July 26, 2020, 09:44:36 PM »

It doesn't matter though what the owners think if Man City decide they want him, City have got the right to buy him back at their option this season.

Yup. So let’s bloody hope they are happy for him to remain here.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1086 on: July 26, 2020, 09:50:31 PM »
Yep, it’s a fingers crossed scenario

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1087 on: July 26, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »
You’d imagine he has a say. He owes us nothing of course but he seems happy here and like he has a bit about him.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1088 on: July 26, 2020, 09:56:11 PM »
Love this player.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1089 on: July 26, 2020, 09:59:28 PM »

Of course it matters, if we want to keep him and he isn't desperate to go then he won't go, he's not going to start 30+ games at Man City, he is with us and he seems to be sensible enough to realise that game time is the most important thing for him right now. We can't reject the offer if they meet their clause but we can offer him a pay rise and contract extension if he tells them to piss off for at least another season.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1090 on: July 26, 2020, 10:02:56 PM »
I think  Man City will be happy for him to stay at Villa playing week-in, week-out and continuing to develop.  If he has another step up in performance next year they can always trigger his buy out clause next Summer when he stands a chance of actually getting in to their midfield.

Now we've stayed up, I think the only player we'll lose to someone better is Grealish.  The only others I can see going out of the door are the ones that aren't good enough.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1091 on: July 26, 2020, 10:06:53 PM »

Of course it matters, if we want to keep him and he isn't desperate to go then he won't go, he's not going to start 30+ games at Man City, he is with us and he seems to be sensible enough to realise that game time is the most important thing for him right now. We can't reject the offer if they meet their clause but we can offer him a pay rise and contract extension if he tells them to piss off for at least another season.

That's not how buy back clauses work.  Neither the club who bought the player (in this case us) or the player (Luiz) would have a say in the matter if they exercise the right to buy him back at the predetermined fee.  Man City might feel they need him, or buy him back and sell him to somebody else for a higher price.  Or they might not and he stays with us, but in either case, the ball is entirely in Man City's court.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1092 on: July 26, 2020, 10:06:55 PM »
I think  Man City will be happy for him to stay at Villa playing week-in, week-out and continuing to develop.  If he has another step up in performance next year they can always trigger his buy out clause next Summer when he stands a chance of actually getting in to their midfield.

Now we've stayed up, I think the only player we'll lose to someone better is Grealish.  The only others I can see going out of the door are the ones that aren't good enough.

Exactly, all the reports suggest they have 2 seasons to activate it, I just don't see how it works for anyone for them to do it this summer. I disagree on Jack though, I think he can be persuaded to stay for another season so long as the players we're looking at are good enough for us to push on.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1093 on: July 26, 2020, 10:08:57 PM »
The 5 sub rule is what makes me think there's a chance they'll sign him back for a season and he'll either kick on or they'll flog next summer for a profit.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1094 on: July 26, 2020, 10:11:17 PM »
The 5 sub rule is what makes me think there's a chance they'll sign him back for a season and he'll either kick on or they'll flog next summer for a profit.

I don't see it because they'd still struggle to get a work permit for him. If he stays, gets into the Brazilian squad, and has lots of other clubs interested then those problems go away. As I say, I don't see anyone benefiting from him going back there this summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal