collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 472937 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »
 The buyback will have to be something substantial, unless he plays lots of times for the Brazilian first team, or Manchester City won’t be able to demonstrate that he is as important a player for them as he is for us and therefore will not get a work permit. So unless they pay a premium price, the buyback clause is somewhat redundant.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2019, 06:19:18 PM »
The buyback will have to be something substantial, unless he plays lots of times for the Brazilian first team, or Manchester City won’t be able to demonstrate that he is as important a player for them as he is for us and therefore will not get a work permit. So unless they pay a premium price, the buyback clause is somewhat redundant.

Yep. It is double money and a few more for good luck.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2019, 06:20:30 PM »
cant wait to see him play against the sky blue Mancs

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2019, 06:27:01 PM »
I don't know, but If a player has a WP for the uk then that's it. He has a WP. Is there any case where has one for one club, but couldn't sign for another one in the same league?

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2019, 06:29:30 PM »

Fantastic if true.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2019, 06:32:07 PM »
I don't know, but If a player has a WP for the uk then that's it. He has a WP. Is there any case where has one for one club, but couldn't sign for another one in the same league?

Apologies, I quoted the wrong post previously. I meant to reply to chrisw1. I dont understand the work permit machinations but there is a huge uplift on the buy back for us regardless.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2019, 06:35:31 PM »
No probs can't expect anyone to know the whole shenanigans, but I'm still smiling a lot today.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2019, 06:40:20 PM »
Can't wait to see Douglas set up Wesley for a stunner hopefully in front of the Holte where a booming chorus of "it's just like watching Brazil" will be legitimitely sung for the first time in 140 years down Villa Park. I'll dance the fecking samba in me local if one of them gets a hat-trick.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 06:44:54 PM by The Edge »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »
Can't wait to see Douglas set up Wesley for a stunner hopefully in front of the Holte where a booming chorus of "it's just like watching Brazil" will be legimitely sung for the first time in 140 yearIfs down Villa Park. I'll dance the fuckin samba in me local if one of them gets a hat-trick.

Chelts likes this.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »
Can't wait to see Douglas set up Wesley for a stunner hopefully in front of the Holte where a booming chorus of "it's just like watching Brazil" will be legimitely sung for the first time in 140 yearIfs down Villa Park. I'll dance the fuckin samba in me local if one of them gets a hat-trick.

Chelts likes this.
Damn it. You got in before i had corrected my usual spelling mistakes.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »
So on the day that Tom Ross says we're not buying anybody else, we announce two more signings?!

The day Tom Ross knows more about what is going on down the Villa than us I will shit in a Wellington Boot and wear it as a hat.

You'll do for me, have a bronx hat.

With a shit in it?

Yes, Craig Gardner.

Offline Archieavfc

« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2019, 06:53:30 PM »

If its anything like the real world they are attached to your employer. If he moved to a new employer he would need to apply again.

I really cant believe we have signed him, cant believe the summer we are having. Leaving Wembley I couldnt even dream it would be this good.

I dont know why but i am totally fine with the buy back clause, in my head i am thinking if Man City want him back he has been amazing for us.

The Villa we could only dream of the last 10 years is now a reality.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2019, 06:59:38 PM »
This is the one I was hoping for the most.

I really dont like that buy back clause though, not so much because City will want him back but because if he turns out to be brilliant for us but not so much at the level that they wrequire for themselves they will just buy him back and sell him on for a huge profit like Madrid did with Morata at Juventus.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2019, 07:09:45 PM »
This is the one I was hoping for the most.

I really dont like that buy back clause though, not so much because City will want him back but because if he turns out to be brilliant for us but not so much at the level that they wrequire for themselves they will just buy him back and sell him on for a huge profit like Madrid did with Morata at Juventus.

Not unless the buy back clause is based upon an open market valuation so we are the ones selling for a huge profit. Otherwise we may as well just loan him and if City really wanted to keep him then they’d have loaned him out anyway.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »
I think I've got the music sorted for the teams coming out at Villa Park. You need to hear it until the end - you're in for a treat. Either that or fast forward to 3 minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal