collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473688 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2019, 04:56:37 PM »
And the first thing the Evening Mail jump on: is the fucking buy back clause!  Can’t you just be happy you fucking morons!

Welcome Douglas.  This is the most excited I’ve been over a player since I last shit my pants.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »
so this morning then?

Offline colin69

« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
And the first thing the Evening Mail jump on: is the fucking buy back clause!  Can’t you just be happy you fucking morons!

Welcome Douglas.  This is the most excited I’ve been over a player since I last shit my pants.

The buy back clause doesn’t worry me. He is just the player we need at the moment and if Citeh do want him back hopefully we will make them pay top dollar. I trust this current set up to have a decent clause inserted.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »
In a way the buy back clause reassures me. Why would City let a player apparently this good go to a club in the same division at what looks like a relatively low fee given the market? The fact they still want him makes me think we've got A City-calibre player - and that's really high level stuff.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2019, 05:09:10 PM »
This is an exciting sign of the way we are going to approach this season - I like the way we are looking to settle players in by having fellow nationals or ex team mates on board

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2019, 05:10:10 PM »
Just my gut instinct, but if he does well with us I don't reckon he'll be going back to MCity.  I reckon we have owners with the means and acumen to hold on to a player if need be. 

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »

Horrible paper. Reads like it hates Birmingham.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2019, 05:16:35 PM »
Just my gut instinct, but if he does well with us I don't reckon he'll be going back to MCity.  I reckon we have owners with the means and acumen to hold on to a player if need be.

Yep...I do think our management  and owners are far more clued up than in previous years.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2019, 05:27:33 PM »

Horrible paper. Reads like it hates Birmingham.

Amen.

Offline KRS

« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »
Get the fuck in!!! Welcome to the Villa Douglas! 😊

Absolutely delighted with this one and another piece of the jigsaw completed...keeper and another striker still to come hopefully to sure things up at the back and add much needed clinical finishing up front.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2019, 05:29:32 PM »
Welcome Douglas.
Be brilliant and happy at The Villa!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2019, 05:43:05 PM »
So on the day that Tom Ross says we're not buying anybody else, we announce two more signings?!

The day Tom Ross knows more about what is going on down the Villa than us I will shit in a Wellington Boot and wear it as a hat.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »
So on the day that Tom Ross says we're not buying anybody else, we announce two more signings?!

The day Tom Ross knows more about what is going on down the Villa than us I will shit in a Wellington Boot and wear it as a hat.

You'll do for me, have a bronx hat.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »

You'll do for me, have a bronx hat.

With a shit in it?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2019, 06:09:00 PM »

The buy back clause doesn’t worry me. He is just the player we need at the moment and if Citeh do want him back hopefully we will make them pay top dollar. I trust this current set up to have a decent clause inserted.
I dunno.  If it's a work permit fudge then I doubt City will have been prepared to build in a big uplift.  It won't be less than £15m.  I suspect it won't be a huge amount more either.  If it goes well it will have been a cheap loan of what could be a very important player for us.  If he plays well and helps us stay up, it will have been well worth it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal