collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 83133 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #915 on: January 29, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
Luiz has a lot of talent, and looks much better playing further forward as he can pick a pass.  His big problem is he seems a bit thick - regularly gives away needless free kicks within 30 yards of the goal and last night got himself booked for kicking the ball away shortly after Mike Dean had booked Konsa for throwing the ball away.   It's very frustrating, but if he can learn form his mistakes and apply a bit more intelligence he could be a top player.

I'd argue it was a booking worth having.

It's about time we use the tactics everyone else does. Break up the play, waste time etc.

What irritated me was that not a minute after, they had players not retreating when we had a free-kick and thus obstructing the flow, they should have been booked too. However, Mike Dean is just a twat so I should realise.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #916 on: January 29, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
I take your point Drummond but if he wanted to delay Leicester he could have just stood over the ball to stop them taking it quickly like they were doing to us.  That rarely seems to elicit a booking. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #917 on: January 29, 2020, 08:18:59 PM »
Brilliant last night, I thought. Took the game to them. Yeah, does things that betray his years, but I think he's going to be huge. We have to stay up.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 28.06.2019
« Reply #918 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:39 PM »
Brilliant last night, I thought. Took the game to them. Yeah, does things that betray his years, but I think he's going to be huge. We have to stay up.

Clearly a very talented player with the ball at his feet and did a lot of good things last night. But we can't afford in a two man midfield for one of them to be caught ahead of the ball as regularly as Luiz was last night. In the aftermath of a great win last night, it's easy to ignore for example the first 20 mins when our midfield was ran ragged.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #919 on: January 29, 2020, 11:50:45 PM »

Clearly a very talented player with the ball at his feet and did a lot of good things last night. But we can't afford in a two man midfield for one of them to be caught ahead of the ball as regularly as Luiz was last night. In the aftermath of a great win last night, it's easy to ignore for example the first 20 mins when our midfield was ran ragged.
Exactly I was saying the same thing, Defending covering and tackling does not come naturally to him.
He is a ball playing, carrying, passing midfielder.