collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473666 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1605 on: April 09, 2021, 07:03:31 PM »
He’s 22 and since the Covid restart been asked to play a much different role to the one he initially had with us. He’s contributed to making our defence one of the best in the league even if it has taken him away from some of the stuff we’ve seen him do well for us. There is so much more left in the tank and I’m sure before long we will be hearing he has signed a new deal with us for the next 4 years.

I hope so. I don't think we can do that though until Man City formally say they don't want to take up their option.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #1606 on: April 09, 2021, 07:09:58 PM »
Keep forgetting that he's only 22.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1607 on: April 09, 2021, 07:13:52 PM »
Keep forgetting that he's only 22.

I do too.

He's a good player...

Is he good enough for a mid-table Premier League team? Yes.

Hope he pushes on. We just need to find a better balance in the middle of the park that suits him. I'd like to see him next to a more defensive player, so it would give him more freedom to get forward.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1608 on: April 09, 2021, 07:39:00 PM »
He’s 22 and since the Covid restart been asked to play a much different role to the one he initially had with us. He’s contributed to making our defence one of the best in the league even if it has taken him away from some of the stuff we’ve seen him do well for us. There is so much more left in the tank and I’m sure before long we will be hearing he has signed a new deal with us for the next 4 years.

I hope so. I don't think we can do that though until Man City formally say they don't want to take up their option.

I’d like to think those conversations have taken place already. Also as much as I or we like Doug he’s more our level at the moment than what Man City would be looking for.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1609 on: April 10, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
I can not see any reason why Citeh won’t exercise their option.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1610 on: April 10, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
Really hope so. It's easy to forget he's still a young lad.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1611 on: April 10, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »
i THINK HE`'D BE BETTER PLAYING FURTHER FOR

I think he'd better playing further forward.  He is not a DCM, not physically strong enough but a very useful player, good passer generally and has an eye for goal.  I cannot see him going back to Manchester City, they seem to have bigger fish to fry.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1612 on: April 10, 2021, 11:46:39 AM »
Three goals in roughly 70 appearances, not sure that's much of an eye for a goal to be honest.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1613 on: April 10, 2021, 11:58:55 AM »
I'm not seeing what it is that make people think he could or should play further forward. He's ideal for where we do play him, he's agile, pretty quick, decent passer, undaunted by opponents, ever more confident and capable in possession. A modern holding midfielder. I don't think slotting one in the corner from twenty yards once every other blue moon really pushes any case for his higher deployment.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1614 on: April 10, 2021, 12:01:07 PM »
I'm not seeing what it is that make people think he could or should play further forward. He's ideal for where we do play him, he's agile, pretty quick, decent passer, undaunted by opponents, ever more confident and capable in possession. A modern holding midfielder. I don't think slotting one in the corner from twenty yards once every other blue moon really pushes any case for his higher deployment.

I think people are still stuck with the British idea of a defensive midfielder, ie a centre back that can trap a ball, and anyone that shows more skill than that should be playing further forward.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1615 on: April 10, 2021, 12:03:45 PM »
Here, he talks about how he is the continuity player - a bit like Petrov was, I guess.
From the gRauniad this morning.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1616 on: April 10, 2021, 02:09:29 PM »
Three goals in roughly 70 appearances, not sure that's much of an eye for a goal to be honest.

What's really frustrating is he gets in good positions to have a shot but nine times out of 10 will pass the ball out wide to El Ghazi, who passes it back to Targett, who passes it back to Mings, who hoofs it to Ollie, who loses out in the challenge..

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1617 on: April 10, 2021, 05:11:47 PM »
I thought he was pretty decent today. The lack of anything intelligent happening in front of him is a problem.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1618 on: April 10, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »
I thought he was pretty decent today. The lack of anything intelligent happening in front of him is a problem.
Decent but his passing was shit poor.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1619 on: April 10, 2021, 08:23:24 PM »
I thought he was lost somewhere between our defense and their defense.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal