collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156936 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #1245 on: March 13, 2024, 02:29:55 PM »
We've had one European game since November and went out of the FA Cup at our usual piss poor early stage. This tiredness thing is a shit excuse.
I don't understand how you are so adamant that this is not a factor.

If you have played more matches than your opponents, during the same period of time, then it is a factor - how big or small this margin is does not mean it doesn't exist.

Most of our players haven't played more matches than our opponents though, that's the whole point.

Well all of the injured ones haven't, no.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1246 on: March 13, 2024, 02:58:24 PM »

Well all of the injured ones haven't, no.

A lot of the ones who aren't currently injured haven't either.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1247 on: March 13, 2024, 02:59:21 PM »
I could have sworn the commentator said we had played 8 matches more than Spurs on Sunday?

Not every single player has played every single match.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1248 on: March 13, 2024, 03:08:15 PM »
I’m not convinced Konsa is a tiredness thing, he just looks a bit off and I’m wondering whether he’s fully fit/his injury is playing on his mind. He has been uncharacteristically sloppy since he came back.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1249 on: March 13, 2024, 03:18:25 PM »
I’m not convinced Konsa is a tiredness thing, he just looks a bit off and I’m wondering whether he’s fully fit/his injury is playing on his mind. He has been uncharacteristically sloppy since he came back.

Having to play a different back 4 pretty much every game lately can’t help.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1250 on: March 13, 2024, 03:44:39 PM »

It certainly won't Chris, which is why I found it perplexing that he just didn't pick what is obviously our best back four on Sunday. Cash - Konsa - Torres - Digne or Moreno. That's served us brilliantly when available this season, so why do soemthing that made everybody look worse?

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1251 on: March 13, 2024, 03:48:02 PM »

It certainly won't Chris, which is why I found it perplexing that he just didn't pick what is obviously our best back four on Sunday. Cash - Konsa - Torres - Digne or Moreno. That's served us brilliantly when available this season, so why do soemthing that made everybody look worse?

Because the defence doesn’t exist in a bubble and the current weaknesses in midfield through injury etc means he’s having to maybe muddle through. That said I accept the main premise that a settled defence is better than one he’s having to change every week.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1252 on: March 13, 2024, 04:40:56 PM »

The element of surprise, the lack of Kamara, to try and stop Spurs' way of doing things perhaps. Obviously he wasn't doing something to try and make everybody look worse, in the first half we were, defensively, in control. Our forwards were woefully off it though.

In the second half, a couple of errors cost us the goals and from then on it went to shit.

Perhaps the players looking off it was because they were tired, or maybe they didn't understand their roles, or didn't like the system. We'll probably never know, but there are other times when we've played differently and won. It beats doing the same old shite week after week and losing all the time.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1253 on: March 13, 2024, 04:55:35 PM »

I agree and it included Cash in that silly mid off position, not quite RB not quite winger.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1254 on: March 13, 2024, 05:04:21 PM »
It's obviously a system we'll see again at some point. We need to be flexible and maybe it will work better with other players, who knows.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1255 on: March 13, 2024, 05:37:31 PM »
It's obviously a system we'll see again at some point. We need to be flexible and maybe it will work better with other players, who knows.

I reckon we’ll see it again on Sunday I wouldn’t even bet against it for tomorrow night

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #1256 on: March 13, 2024, 07:44:06 PM »
My guess would be that Tim or Rogers start tomorrow and we play back 4

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1257 on: March 14, 2024, 02:12:03 PM »
Well done Ezri. In the squad for March games.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1258 on: March 14, 2024, 02:16:39 PM »
Although would have preferred him to stay back and not play.....

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1259 on: March 14, 2024, 02:26:25 PM »
Well done Ezri. In the squad for March games.

Not ideal timing for us, but pleased for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal